Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Bru has sent in his NLI to USC. 

EJ is lying just like with Roach. 

If Bru had sent his NLI to USC wouldn't it be a violation for Meh to call him?

Now I don't believe that he is coming here but if they can still contact him then that should tell us something about his status.

14 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I believe you are correct but I don’t get the need for drama by the McCoys.  I guess they just really want to have the little 30 second hat deal on TV between punts at the all star game.  

The kid wore a usc shirt on nsd.  What drama other than the Bullshit EJ is trying to manufacture? 

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Meanwhile, Wells is hinting at this coaching move setting off a chain of events for Texas. Probably Meekins, but we'll see.

Major may get fired. That would throw a wrench in that chain of events.

Also, Briles is taking Randy Clements (OL) with him.

Edited by Schulz2.0

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Ok, who are we signing at QB in the second signing period? What redshirt freshman can we swap for another dumbass redshirt freshman at another school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt we see them both leave. If they did it was because Shane stayed and with Johnson enrolling early, there would be no need to get another QB. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

One can dream.

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I'd rather keep Beck in a reduced role (WR coach) and lose Meh and Warehime. Beck is one of the few offensive (only?) offensive rainmakers on this staff.

I assume this is because Beck sucks as a QB coach, as evidenced by Sam's lack of development,  since he is a plus recruiter and we have assumed that Herman has been the play caller, right?  

I doubt we see them both leave. If they did it was because Shane stayed and with Johnson enrolling early, there would be no need to get another QB. 

Both are gone in my opinion, because their reasons for leaving are different and not impacted that much by each other. Rising doesn’t want to run that much. I always wondered about that when they signed him. Thompson thinks he’s too low in the depth chart and even if Rising leaves he could still be looking at 3rd to 4th. Of course if he goes somewhere else, in order to play he’s going to have to find a unicorn situation.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Both are gone in my opinion, because their reasons for leaving are different and not impacted that much by each other. Rising doesn’t want to run that much. I always wondered about that when they signed him. Thompson thinks he’s too low in the depth chart and even if Rising leaves he could still be looking at 3rd to 4th. Of course if he goes somewhere else, in order to play he’s going to have to find a unicorn situation.

Look I don’t pretend like I have any insight. It certainly is possible. I think this portal is going to create a lot more anxiety amongst fans and soon people will realize this kind of thing always happened and we just never had a database to let us track it. 

Just now, Newy25 said:

Look I don’t pretend like I have any insight. It certainly is possible. I think this portal is going to create a lot more anxiety amongst fans and soon people will realize this kind of thing always happened and we just never had a database to let us track it. 

Fuck you, everyone panic!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Yep, imagine last year when the unrest was much greater after we went 6-6.

• Like 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

The truth.  We’ve had some guys express that they might want to transfer. I’m not going to name names. We are having discussions with them and their families to see what’s best for them and the team. 

I assume you just starting watching football what, since last Thursday? 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, RGBIII said:

2019- Sam, Shane, Casey, Rojo(RS)

2020- Sam, Casey, Rojo, Card(RS), Shane Grand transfer?

2021- three way battle at QB between casey, Rojo and Card (hopefully with Preston Stone RS as well)

dont blame rising for wanting out instead of just hoping for the best in 2021. Really thought he could beat out Shane for QB2 this year

You sir, are a moron and should never post again. Wonder if they look at another 2019 or even another transfer. Both rising and Thompson leaving could be a big problem. Hopefully we can keep one 

58 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I believe you are correct but I don’t get the need for drama by the McCoys.  I guess they just really want to have the little 30 second hat deal on TV between punts at the all star game.  

Bru and his family genuinely love Texas, just loves USC more, that’s a fact.  Recruiting is fluid, kids can change like the wind, so all I’m sharing is what I hear right now.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Texas came into the picture when the coaching situation and poor season at USC came into play, and Texas hit it out of the park.  USC appears to have eased some concerns by Bru and his family.

If anything changes, I’ll say it.

Edited by TrojanPrincess
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

You sir, are a moron and should never post again. Wonder if they look at another 2019 or even another transfer. Both rising and Thompson leaving could be a big problem. Hopefully we can keep one 

There really would be no transfer worth anything that would come here. You have your starter and primary backup with two years of eligibility. On top of that, you have a star recruit who is enrolling early. I guess you could sign a development freshman? But what does that really get you? 

What this means now is no project for 2020. It’s going all out for a Johnson level recruit. 

Edit: this is assuming  you lose both 

Edited by Newy25

Just now, TrojanPrincess said:

Bru and his family genuinely love Texas, just loves USC more, that’s a fact.  Recruiting is fluid, kids can change like the wind, so all I’m sharing is what I hear right now.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Texas came into the picture when the coaching situation and poor season at USC came into play, and Texas hit it out of the park. 

If anything changes, I’ll say it.

What are your thoughts on the situation at USC?

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

On top of that, you have a star recruit who is enrolling early. 

What this means now is no project for 2020. It’s going all out for a Johnson level recruit. 

Our incoming QB is always going to be our next savior, right? This time next year he’ll be the backup who’s never taken a snap and therefore unproven at the college level. /Fan logic

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well then no worries. We just need to keep one.

I wouldn't say it's a slam dunk he stays, but depth chart concerns are probably tougher to overcome than those about the offense. If Casey Thompson is never better than QB3 for the first 3-4 years on campus, staying at Texas probably doesn't sound enticing to him.

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

There really would be no transfer worth anything that would come here. You have your starter and primary backup with two years of eligibility. On top of that, you have a star recruit who is enrolling early. I guess you could sign a development freshman? But what does that really get you? 

Edit: this is assuming  you lose both 

Welcome to the magical world of having an excellent QB in today's college football. We just haven't experienced it before with our trash QB play.

Edited by texifornia