Texas recruiting notes 2019

Just now, lemonandaturd said:

Jake Smith is a fucking stud.  We went after him over "in-state analogues" because he is a fucking baller.  

One of the few prospects in the nation who had a committable offer from pretty much everyone in the country. He's an elite slot receiver. 

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

The people bitching about swinging and missing on elite out of state guys like bru and sanders would be the same ones bitching if we settled for in state low 4 stars

Bru seemed like a worthwhile cause.

Given what we know about Sanders' recruitment, it's fair to wonder if we needed to go all-in on him.

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

The people bitching about swinging and missing on elite out of state guys like bru and sanders would be the same ones bitching if we settled for in state low 4 stars

I completely agree in the sense that we are a national program and should seek out those players from all parts. However, I would like to start with the Fab55 and work down and take the Texas kids first.. Nobody ever said I didn't have a complete grasp of the obvious.

1 minute ago, TexasBeta said:

I completely agree in the sense that we are a national program and should seek out those players from all parts. However, I would like to start with the Fab55 and work down and take the Texas kids first.. Nobody ever said I didn't have a complete grasp of the obvious. 

What is a Fab55

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

I gotta wonder if Bragg was a 2020 kid if it'd be a diff story. Hand and Yancy impact + Stanford OL underperformance. It'll come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll see with Lindberg. If we can also pull off Majors, then that's an even better sign. 

8 minutes ago, pacman said:

Not going to complain one bit with this two year haul (not done yet with 2019) ~91 avg. rating

QB - Rising, Thompson, Johnson

RB - Ingram, Brown

WR - Eagles, Moore, Woodard, Whittington, Smith, Washington, Lewis

TE - Epps, Liebrock, Wiley

OL - Angilau, Moore, Ghirmai, Jones, Johnson, Shepherd

DL - Coburn, Ojomo, Carson, Warren, Jones, Sweat, Mpagi

LB - Adeoye, Vaughns, Floyd, Gbenga, Tillman, Johnson

DB - Sterns, Foster, Green, Overshown, Cook, Jamison, Watson, Owens, Adimora, Caldwell

that roster can be a Big XII winner

You left off Dicker. Negged.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Let me get this straight. You have Kate Beckinsale in an ORANGE bikini, pushing a batshit crazy california bitch in a YELLOW bikini, and you are bitching about it? I didn't even realize that was Kathy Griffin, you need to evaluate your priorities. 

Yeah but Kathy Griffin is like a car wreck and Kate is like the Ferrari that belongs to the doctor that stopped to help. No matter what else is going on, it's hard not to look at the wreck.

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

I always thought the reason we almost never have a chance at the nation's true elite prospects is because we don't open up the coffers, a la the SEC.  Aren't we just pissing into the wind without offering massive payouts?

Or is that all bullshit.

Depends on the recruitment. This year's sliding scale of cleanliness would be from Nakobe Dean to Bru McCoy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I always thought the reason we almost never have a chance at the nation's true elite prospects is because we don't open up the coffers, a la the SEC.  Aren't we just pissing into the wind without offering massive payouts?

Or is that all bullshit.

I think it's pretty fucking hard to land that type in the southeast without playing the game, unless you're a blue blood who's annually in the playoff, Stanford recruiting a nerd, Notre Dame recruiting a catholic, etc

In Texas, we can obviously land that type. On the west coast and mountain west, the competition is less fierce; when USC is good, they can only take so many, and when they have Clay Helton, that type might not be locks to go there anyone unless they're Mater Dei or Bosco kids 

Edited by Fud

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

why can't we push to get some OL out of California or other OOS? I know there are good schools and a lot of D1 programs in CA but seems we don't really try OOS for OL. I know we got Angilau last year. 

Go take a gander at our OL offers: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2019-Football/Offers/

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

why can't we push to get some OL out of California or other OOS? I know there are good schools and a lot of D1 programs in CA but seems we don't really try OOS for OL. I know we got Angilau last year.

The Whitner guy from IMG looks like he could be an interior OL for us.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I stand corrected.  looks like we at least tried to cast a wider net.  don't really recognize those OOS names probably because they probably gave us no real interest back.  the JUCO guys going to SEC isn't surprising necessarily.  Tom really f'd up with Warehime... Hand/Herman need to put in some work to correct this.