Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

22 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Secret visitor is probably going to be some concocted social media game by the staff and some of the players from the sounds of it. 

That’s definitely what it is, it’s carrington or some dumb shit...I mean really it’s our fault for even giving a shit 

2 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:
This is stupid. No parent should ever do this and it’s equivalent to Carrington’s stupid ass “secret visitor” stunt. 

I, uh, don't exactly see the equivalency beyond "things I don't like"

(also trolling the 9.95ers was goofy, fun and well-deserved and the recruits seemed to start it and make it their own. This is a bunch of sad old men trading off of their kids' success to wear way-too-tight clothes.)

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I, uh, don't exactly see the equivalency beyond "things I don't like"

(also trolling the 9.95ers was goofy, fun and well-deserved and the recruits seemed to start it and make it their own. This is a bunch of sad old men trading off of their kids' success to wear way-too-tight clothes.)

The angle I was equating to was him dressing up with them. He shouldn’t do it; it’s their visit. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Spoke to Beck. Not Drayton. Beck has taken point on Cain's recruitment. Draw your conclusions from there. 

Beck's recruiting chops are endlessly surprising to me. Dude looks like a used car salesman and has the OC aptitude of a potted palm but dammit, he gets results.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Beck's recruiting chops are endlessly surprising to me. Dude looks like a used car salesman and has the OC aptitude of a potted palm but dammit, he gets results.

The man can recruit. He was the point man for Ohio State when they stole Okudah and Baron Browning from the state a couple of years ago.

Edited by satyanash

Just now, texifornia said:

Well, recruiting is a lot like selling used cars.

What makes Beck look like a used car salesman? Is it the slick backed hair or the bleach blonde wife with big ole fake titties? I'd say both. 

21 minutes ago, deech said:

Fucking Liar.  He was following every Stanford related Twitter account he could earlier in the day.

I'm hearing he's 50/50 between liar and just an idiot.  He's been trending liar for weeks now, but I have new information that he's heavily leaning towards just an idiot.  I cant go into too much detail right now, but after the truth is revealed I will have a tell-all, behind the scenes, hindsight write up letting you all know the truth.  Here's a hint though, the cap he will likely put on is tall and conical.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

So Beck, Naivar, and Washington are the best recruiters on the staff. Jury's out on Hand until the 2020 cycle has concluded.

Umm...recruiting is important, but that’s not everything.  If you watched our Oline this year and aren’t sold on Hand then I don’t know what to tell you.

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

Umm...recruiting is important, but that’s not everything.  If you watched our Oline this year and aren’t sold on Hand then I don’t know what to tell you.

I'm merely talking about recruiting, this being the recruiting forum and all. So far Hand seems like he knows what he's doing when it comes to coaching.

Just now, Machinator said:

I'm merely talking about recruiting, this being the recruiting forum and all. So far Hand seems like he knows what he's doing when it comes to coaching.

Understood.  Still if there is a coach that I’d rather be awesome at coaching and mediocre at recruiting it would be the oline coach.