Texas recruiting notes 2019

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Last year, when it came out that Coburn was not signing early, I said we had a 0% chance of getting him.  I like how that worked out, so I'm going to go ahead and say we have 0% chance of keeping Shepherd.

Finally you are right about something. 

1 minute ago, Leanderman said:

Every year there is drama, high hopes, disappointment, squeals of glee. It is all part of the recruiting process. Tomorrow once the smoke clears, we will all hustle on over to next years class of potential signees and dream of a better future.

This class is just getting started. There are going to be several new names that pop up during NSD2 just like last year. 

2 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Every year there is drama, high hopes, disappointment, squeals of glee. It is all part of the recruiting process. Tomorrow once the smoke clears, we will all hustle on over to next years class of potential signees and dream of a better future.

Psh there's the whole rush to NSD2 and the grad transfer market. Get ready for a fleet of new OL offers.

3 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

So we're in the running for Bru, Cain and possibly Sanders...if we assume we don't get any of those three, how many OL and DL do we have spots for for NSD2?

The working number for this class was around 27 a week or two ago. Of course, we'll save a few spots if we don't land the big fish.

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yes - but all of those guys were known well before NSD1 - I meant the guys who were only offered right around or after NSD1.

Ingram and Moore caused plenty of Longhorn internet angst between the two NSDs, though. Ingram even took an official visit somewhere, IIRC. Most people were not concerned but I think satyanash was pretty worried.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

newy always keeping it real

If you want me to pump sunshine and give you false hope for a player that already decided where he was going a long time ago you will need to send me 9.95. Bru is going to USC like Higgins was going to Stanford. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Ingram and Moore caused plenty of Longhorn internet angst between the two NSDs, though. Ingram even took an official visit somewhere, IIRC. Most people were not concerned but I think satyanash was pretty worried.

And I was really worried. About satyanash. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

You're right that there was much anxiety around more than a few recruitments that went to NSD2.  But how many prospects were essentially 'unknowns', like Ojomo was before NSD1?

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

You're right that there was much anxiety around more than a few recruitments that went to NSD2.  But how many prospects were essentially 'unknowns', like Ojomo was before NSD1?

Ojomo is offered in December. He was a known stud.

The brand new names that we signed were Christian Jones and Mike Williams. Everyone else were players we had previously offered, though Joshua Moore was "re-offered" in January.

2 minutes ago, txhorns said:

That's not hard to do when you piggyback on everyone else and put your pick in right before they sign.  

the original point was that people pay too much attention to his CBs. my point is that his CBs are actually accurate as opposed to some clown like EJ who was at 70% last year and 68% the year before. 

Wiltfong isn't perfect but he is pretty accurate. 

1 minute ago, NoName said:

the original point was that people pay too much attention to his CBs. my point is that his CBs are actually accurate as opposed to some clown like EJ who was at 70% last year and 68% the year before. 

Wiltfong isn't perfect but he is pretty accurate. 

Being better than EJ is a pretty low fucking bar.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Ojomo is offered in December. He was a known stud.

The brand new names that we signed were Christian Jones and Mike Williams. Everyone else were players we had previously offered, though Joshua Moore was "re-offered" in January.

Oh for fuck's sake - prior to Ojomo's Senior season wrapping up he didn't have any good offers.  Texas offered earlier than most (first week of December) but by January Ojomo had offers from seemingly every blue blood in the country.   Fine, he was 'known' by Texas two weeks before NSD1.  So Williams and Jones were the other similar situation players.  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, txhorns said:

That's not hard to do when you piggyback on everyone else and put your pick in right before they sign.  

Wiltfong is usually the guy everyone else piggybacks on.

Nevertheless, he was wrong on Marcus Washington, and there's a decent chance he's wrong on Cain as well.

• Like 1