Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, Rynohorn said:

I think he means not too far away time wise, which I can buy. 2 or 3 years from now.

I think our DBs are better. We still have holes in LB and our DL is weak.

On offense, our WRs are stout but other than that I see a lot of meh. We need better OL play and better TE play and better RB play.

Each of the last two years, I have seen overall improvement in talent. However, we have left holes after guys graduated. I don't see big dropoffs in talent when Alabama graduates stars. The same can't be said about us. We need to be in a position where guys like Anderson play right tackle with Connor at left tackle and Kerstetter and Cosmi at center and guard with the rest fighting it out for the remaining guard spot.

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Agreed in most cases, but...

Fong is a national mod. He really doesn't have a dog in the fight, so he doesn't care what recruits tell him. 

This is bullshit. Your rep preceded you to this board. You’re supposed to be a better poster than what you bring to the table here. Wiltfong trades insights for ratings bumps with certain guys. An example with which we’re aware is Elko at ATM. ATM players get bumps and Wiltfong gets news. It works that way elsewhere. Ratings matter to coaches because they matter to recruits. To state that he has “no skin in the game “ illustrated your own gullibility. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is bullshit. Your rep preceded you to this board. You’re supposed to be a better poster than what you bring to the table here. Wiltfong trades insights for ratings bumps with certain guys. An example with which we’re aware is Elko at ATM. ATM players get bumps and Wiltfong gets news. It works that way elsewhere. Ratings matter to coaches because they matter to recruits. To state that he has “no skin in the game “ illustrated your own gullibility. 

He brings a hell of a lot more to the board than you do. Like football knowledge.  Nice that you are obsessed with him though. It will keep you out of public housing. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

Omenihu and Hager would be third string at Texas a decade ago, yet we will miss both next season - that's how bad next year's dline looks on paper. All the recent misses - Tatum, Perkins (starter), Chaisson, Thornton, Madubuike (starter), Agim (starter), Mike Williams (starter) all start to burn us next year. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Omenihu and Hager would be third string at Texas a decade ago, yet we will miss both next season - that's how bad next year's dline looks on paper. All the recent misses - Tatum, Perkins (starter), Chaisson, Thornton, Madubuike (starter), Agim (starter), Mike Williams (starter) all start to burn us next year. 

We need a lot of transfers. We need a DE, DL and LB. We need an offensive lineman, RB and TE.

I still wonder who we are looking at to finish this class. I would love to hear that we have been in contact with Darnell Wright, Noa Pola-Gates, and Daniel Heimuli. And then get about 5 grad transfers for OL, TE, RB, DE, and DL. Yeah, I know - fantasy.

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I get it. It's part of your shtick. You hate mods. All mods. I was wrong about EJ and you called me out on it. Thank you. The sooner I realized that guy sucked, the better. 

Does Wiltfong trade rating bumps for recruiting information from schools? Hell yes he does. That doesn't mean he's wrong on his predictions. Is he as bad as fan boys like Tarp and Perroni that would push their wives into traffic for info from Jimbo? No. He's found his niche, the whole crystal ball thing. No human being could form close relationships with 247 recruits every cycle. He's taken the more direct path. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Fud Man, Glass or Barlow in your opinion? 

I don't have much of an opinion on this one. At this point, I'll be happy to land an able body 

I really like the 2020 guys. McGowan will be an RB2, and he's better than all of these Texas kids, including Cain 

53 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Noone should miss Hager.  Tbat spot is instantly upgraded. Im ready to see Coburn and Graham get after it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don't have much of an opinion on this one. At this point, I'll be happy to land an able body 

I really like the 2020 guys. McGowan will be an RB2, and he's better than all of these Texas kids, including Cain 

I'd prefer a grad transfer RB and take two in 2020. Theoretically, Ingram, Brown, grad transfer, Daniel Young should be enough for 2019.  

2 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Omenihu and Hager would be third string at Texas a decade ago, yet we will miss both next season

Texas will miss Omenihu. Hager not so much. 

Bimage was better than Hager in the reps he got and it wasn't even close. Bimage would have likely been starting at the end of the year if not for his injury. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Hager is the classic Texas senior every fan hates and assumes there's someone better behind him and we'll be better when he's gone and then we aren't.

Did you watch Hager this year? He wasn't very good and that's being generous. 

Who knows if "we'll be better" but Hager isn't a big loss. He was bad this year and we would have been better off with Bimage getting more reps. 

• Like 4

And throughout that decade plus, we've had shit for line play.   

We'll see but I don't think Texas has the desire to get dirty enough in the recruiting trenches to achieve talent parity w/in the next 5 years to truly compete for a national championship. 

I'd love to eat crow on that but, unfortunately, don't think I'll have to.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

And you know what? I'll take a couple years of threatening the Big XII title while we reload for national relevance. Y'all acting like we haven't spent a decade sucking in the worst kind of way. 

3 losing seasons in a row and people think you can just start stacking recruiting classes like Clemson and Bama. 

Alabama and Clemson keep stacking talent on the OL/DL because they make the national title game every year. Granted, Bama has other things helping their cause. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Until we get offensive and defensive line talent/depth like Bama and Clemson, we might squeak out a BXII championship but we're not even close to being nationally dangerous to teams like them. 

First things first. Become relevant in our own conference and not fucking suck. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Tarp was the Aggy mod that went to Malik's house the night of Malikimas to tell him he was making the wrong choice right? 

Man, that's right up there with Hamm following Steven Parker into the bathroom. 

Not sure if it was Tarp, but he's still a goofball.  He made a comment about the Vandy/Baylor matchup that "the 10th place SEC team is supposed to beat the 5th place Big 12 team."  He also thinks he's an expert on Texas football and is always posting about how bad Texas is.

5 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Hager is the classic Texas senior every fan hates and assumes there's someone better behind him and we'll be better when he's gone and then we aren't.

if we don’t get better at his 4i position next season tom herman should be fired.  this is a case where everyone assuming there’s someone better behind him is true. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

It’s not even about better. His bush league antics are tiresome. He’a a hot doggin’-cheap shot artist. I am ready for him to be gone. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I get it. It's part of your shtick. You hate mods. All mods. I was wrong about EJ and you called me out on it. Thank you. The sooner I realized that guy sucked, the better. 

Does Wiltfong trade rating bumps for recruiting information from schools? Hell yes he does. That doesn't mean he's wrong on his predictions. Is he as bad as fan boys like Tarp and Perroni that would push their wives into traffic for info from Jimbo? No. He's found his niche, the whole crystal ball thing. No human being could form close relationships with 247 recruits every cycle. He's taken the more direct path. 

I don’t hate all gurus or mods. I just fundamentally disagreed with your premise that Wiltfong has nothing to gain with how he handles his business. He’s absolutely working in conjunction with certain guys on certain staffs and doing so to help those programs gain favor. Otherwise, it sounds like we’re on the same page. 

8 hours ago, futureman said:

well this looks like game, set, and match.  ctj will surely back down now. 

Ha. I have that dipshit on ignore. His constant droning maneuver is to tell me I’m  stupid and uninformed. He’s done it since 24/7 as he ran around sucking the dicks of Burton, Holland and LotusHorn. It’s a shame he found his way here and hasn’t been neg repped off.

You’ll find that his only move is what I describe above and he’s never brought another thing to the table. Problem with that posting strategy is that I know my track record on following recruiting and where I’m getting data, so it’s just not an attackable part of my ego. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Nope. He doesn't even have the size to play where he's playing. There's at least 3 guys behind him that are better. Omenihu is actually good and could be missed.

It’s really hard to have much respect for the paysites. There is EJ, who is a sexually confused nitwit who is too corrupt or incompetent to accurately report information . Then there is the 24/7 guys who allow the pathological liar Lotushorn to shit all of their product. They either do not care about their content or openly welcome blatant lies to solicit clicks. I’m not sure which is worse. 

IT could be good with Nahlin’s insights but they have their heterosexual version of EJ, Justin Wells who is shamelessly peddling false hope on recruits to generate clicks. That puts them in the National Enquire category right there with the other sites. 

Its easy to say ctj is just a cynical son of a bitch but Jesus Christ these sites are just garbage right now. And this is without even mentioning the biggest steaming pile of shit, Higdon. 

Edited by Newy25