If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

sirois was just making some direct points about lesser ticket employees getting shafted on pay and gordo was awkwardly acting like he had no idea about any of it.  it was fucking annoying that he couldn't just have an honest conversation with sirois about it.  and no, sirois wasn't implying that gordo should have made any kind of sacrifice financially for anyone.  gordo was just like "jeremy isn't compensated well?  I had no idea..."

I think Gordo was maintaining the corporate diktat that one doesn’t discuss pay with coworkers. He is not a supervisor. He has no business knowing anything. He is a smart dude; he will not admit he has had those conversations.

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think Gordo was maintaining the corporate diktat that one doesn’t discuss pay with coworkers. He is not a supervisor. He has no business knowing anything. He is a smart dude; he will not admit he has had those conversations.

true.  sirois was getting irritated though.  he was also drunk.

On 8/14/2023 at 12:40 PM, futureman said:

sirois was just making some direct points about lesser ticket employees getting shafted on pay and gordo was awkwardly acting like he had no idea about any of it.  it was fucking annoying that he couldn't just have an honest conversation with sirois about it.  and no, sirois wasn't implying that gordo should have made any kind of sacrifice financially for anyone.  gordo was just like "jeremy isn't compensated well?  I had no idea..."

I think that’s pretty unfair after watching @NOMAAAvideo. Gordo was unemotional and he didn’t need to be. Sirois was very emotional, unnecessarily so, like he was drunk and/or high. Coworkers generally don’t know each other’s salaries. Gordo guessed $50k. He was high but probably not THAT high. Gordo didn’t pay Jet’s salary. 

Just because a guy works hard doesn’t mean he’s deserving of being paid more. Do I think Jer was underpaid?  Absolutely. But it doesn’t sound like it per the standards of radio. That’s not Gordo’s fault.  If Gordo makes $500k per year, and needs $550k in his next deal or he’ll walk, you take that from every producer and board op increase to make it happen. The Sean Basses and ‘Jillian’ Morans aren’t worth 1/10th of Gordo. That’s a fact in the corporate world and certainly at the Ticket. 

Gordo was listening attentively and didn’t say anything wrong. I think Sirois came off like the whiny emotional malcontent he sounded like on The Freak.

I'm a day or so behind on The DZ podcast, but Chappy UPS Talk was interesting. I could smell the ashtray full of unfiltered Camel butts in my mind when he was telling his tales. Retiring at 55 was pretty sweet. Man with a plan.

Corby yesterday said something about a new movie and how it needed to change its title. He then referenced “Michael Clayton” as a movie with a bad title, and it sucked. Clayton of course was nominated for Best Picture and was one of the best films of the decade. 

Today - fucking today - Corby asked if Scherzer had to “sign off on” a no trade clause. 

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Corby yesterday said something about a new movie and how it needed to change its title. He then referenced “Michael Clayton” as a movie with a bad title, and it sucked. Clayton of course was nominated for Best Picture and was one of the best films of the decade. 

Today - fucking today - Corby asked if Scherzer had to “sign off on” a no trade clause. 

He's an idiot. Moose out front.....

Corby is just an idiot. All of these guys on certain topics just need to shut the fuck up. Sometimes they sound like they’ve got no life experiences. Corby’s imagining himself a Hollywood insider and critic is laughable; it’s as bad as Jub talking about music.
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Corby is just an idiot. All of these guys on certain topics just need to shut the fuck up. Sometimes they sound like they’ve got no life experiences. Corby’s imagining himself a Hollywood insider and critic is laughable; it’s as bad as Jub talking about music.

Corby is an idiot about so many topics, dare I say all of them. 

They were talking about someone that got cancer and the dude got referred to some clinic doing proton. X says ‘it’s called “nuclear medicine”. Have you ever heard of that? ‘. Corby says “I wonder if it’s just for rich dudes. Like could a regular dude like you or me get that? Has anyone heard of ‘nuclear medicine’?” X says “yeah it like targets the bad stuff”. Sturm just said “wow sounds cool”

I guess the story of Marie Curie passed them by.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

They were talking about someone that got cancer and the dude got referred to some clinic doing proton. X says ‘it’s called “nuclear medicine”. Have you ever heard of that? ‘. Corby says “I wonder if it’s just for rich dudes. Like could a regular dude like you or me get that? Has anyone heard of ‘nuclear medicine’?” X says “yeah it like targets the bad stuff”. Sturm just said “wow sounds cool”

I guess the story of Marie Curie passed them by.

It was the Duran Duran guy. Yes, that type of cancer treatment is only available to rich guys, Michael Clayton sucks, and nobody else in the Metroplex knows about Scherzer’s no-trade clause because nobody covered that aspect at all. 

The stupidity astounds me. Get Corby the hell off the air. 

He and Van walked into a restaurant I was eating at not long ago. I wanted to punch them both. 

Am I the only one who is down to only catching max 2-3 segments per day? 

I’m kinda around there, Gordo segments, then around lunch I’ll tune back in to see how midday is going… catch a couple of HL segments and that’s about it.

No forcibly hating on them, just lost/losing interest outside of Gordo’s antics these days.

Sucks not hearing Dan durin my lunch time

tuned back in today at about 1230 (got in the car and it was still on from the morning [shinfo]) and donnie/mclearin aka the punchout were running down the list of best backup qb's.  nationally syndicated programming with a local feel.  shitty.

shitty shitty shitty.

• Haha 1

Know it’s one sided but hearing breunig talk….cumulus is fucked. Not sure they can prove anything they are claiming. Dan and Jake…..uh uh uh cocky sniff…the dumb zone might be setting precedent for a mass exodus from the lead dudes to leave. 

At this point I’d much rather pay to hear the dudes when I want than give cumulus any more ad dollars. 

They bought their ticket, I say let them crash. 

3 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Cliff Notes for those of us in the real dumb zone?

Essentially, they are targeting each of Dan and Jake's arguments in their response and trying to shoot them down one by one - that a podcast *does* count under the noncompete, that D&J have actually been going after Ticket advertisers, and that they have been disparaging the Ticket even though they say they aren't.  This is a more direct response with specific examples and cited caselaw.  Very curious to see how the judge responds.

Edited by sasquatch69
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

"The Hang Zone was never a terrestrial radio program. "

What?

Yeah, that was weird.  My guess is they meant that to mean it was never *just* a terrestrial radio program, given the podcasts, videos, etc.

I still think the fact they let It's Just Banter go on for years without pushing back (along with Gordo's Twitch streams, etc.) works in D&J's favor.  

13 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

Essentially, they are targeting each of Dan and Jake's arguments in their response and trying to shoot them down one by one - that a podcast *does* count under the noncompete, that D&J have actually been going after Ticket advertisers, and that they have been disparaging the Ticket even though they say they aren't.  This is a more direct response with specific examples and cited caselaw.  Very curious to see how the judge responds.

That obviously explains why Adam Romo is involved. 

I get it's just a pleading drafted by lawyers that probably have never listened to The Ticket and are just trying to make the best argument, but I also wonder how much the corporate brass/ in-house counsel just doesn't get it.  The passage below is a bit laughable.  This lawsuit, regardless of whether Cumulus is right or can "win" is causing the damage to The Ticket.   Not the competing podcast with like 4K subscribers.   Cumulus winning the battle to lose the war is so on brand.  Fuck em.  I've never listened less.

The Ticket is also receiving what can only be described as “hate mail” from listeners due to Defendants’ conduct, resulting in ratings decreases which will be impossible to attribute to simply no longer having The Hang Zone, Defendants’ uploading of The Dumb Zone, disparagement of Susquehanna, solicitation of its advertisers, or other external factors. As multiple advertisers have ended their business with The Ticket, the resulting revenue loss in sponsorship dollars will be even more impossible to quantify or place a dollar figure on because it is impossible to know how much revenue that advertiser would have generated and for what length of time in the future. Least of all, no dollar figure can be placed on the long-term impact of The Ticket’s customer base due to The Ticket’s damaged goodwill. Accordingly, Susquehanna will continue to suffer irreparable harm absent a preliminary injunction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

simple jub gets a lot of flack here (some deserved) but i don't know if he's got complications from the cough, not getting enough sleep, or just drinking tequila on the job - but his last 2 weeks have been hilarious and that was a well earned 100th e-brake.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Least of all, no dollar figure can be placed on the long-term impact of The Ticket’s customer base due to The Ticket’s damaged goodwill.

Maybe shouldn't have been assholes and paid them. Look how much money you would have made if you did.

• Hook 'Em 2

Half of my interest in the Ticket for the last few years was the fact I could skip through all the commercials on the app. If I had to listen to all of those crap commercials, I would have punched out long ago. 

If the Ticket personalities could deliver podcasts with 1/4th the commercials or less, I’d switch in a second.