If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

All those Danny and Sirois fans that left when the lineup changed....

They went to mornings (and then some), given the +.5 increase for 6-10a.  If they hit 2.0 in the next book then the lineup shuffle was a win. Overall numbers still aren’t great but you can bill better with consistent 2+ versus what they had before. 

13 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

They went to mornings (and then some), given the +.5 increase for 6-10a.  If they hit 2.0 in the next book then the lineup shuffle was a win. Overall numbers still aren’t great but you can bill better with consistent 2+ versus what they had before. 

I will say that Sirois is much better away from Mike R.  that first drive time show was just 90% ass kissing Rhyner and not much content.  Going up against the Musers is a losing prop, but that show is not bad in parts that i listen to this week.

1 hour ago, pops said:

McClaren is such a buffoon.  Goes 1 for 6 on blind beer taste test after guaranteeing he could name top 5 macro brews no problem.  I feel bad for donny. 

anyone who says they are great on blind taste tests haven't ever done a blind taste test. its HARD

1 hour ago, pops said:

McClaren is such a buffoon.  Goes 1 for 6 on blind beer taste test after guaranteeing he could name top 5 macro brews no problem.  I feel bad for donny. 

That was great. "well ugh my allergies are acting up"

Why would you feel bad for Donnie? He's got a goofy bastard that's unintentionally hilarious to mess with. That's what the ticket has been all about for 30 years. 

11 hours ago, RPM said:

Sirois being named DFW Radio Personality of the Year didn't hurt. 

By whom?

9 hours ago, RPM said:

WGAF. 

Glad to know Corby and Bob think A&M should best Bama, but OU has a real good shot against Texas. The absolute two worst CFB personalities on The Ticket. 

On 10/5/2023 at 12:08 PM, orange dream said:

Jub to retirement home and Junior to pre-school carpool line or something else?  Are their contracts almost up?  They're both approaching 60 correct?

Yeah, I think so. Jub said he graduated from RL Turner in 1983 this AM so that makes him eight-ish years older than me and I'll be 51 in a few weeks.

8 minutes ago, Gordon Shumway said:

Was Klatt on this week?   I didnt see his segment on the app.  

I think they couldn't make it work due to Diamond Talk needing to commence around the time of his segment. Not sure why you can't have him on today but I guess he's probably getting ready for Maryland and Ohio State tomorrow. 

He talks about Texas OU in the two segments below. He believes in us but definitely gives OU a shot to upset. 

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/fmc-eumoqvzjyrteuwou

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/fmc-0hblcq90pytdwo31

Edited by mdmost

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Honestly, I prefer less Blake on the Dumb Zone. Blake was better in smaller doses. When he's on with them now, it's almost too much. 

its early.  he will find his place.  glad to hear you took the leap and are shilling out the $7/month.

"100 year old conflict" 

Try 2000 years. That shit is never going away until these idiot religions go away. But even if that happens more religions will just step in to fight over other lands. 

It's stupid for sports teams to say anything because it means nothing. Just ignore it. But the Mavericks are a special brand of stupid. They retired the number of a player that kicked their ass for 2 decades. 

• Hook 'Em 2

for anyone subscribing to dumb zone podcasts . . how is the listening experience? most podcasts i end up listening to a day or 3 (or month) later, and i just don't know how much life affords listening to them immediately / how much i will care about listening to their cowboys takes a week later.

39 minutes ago, bizzle said:

for anyone subscribing to dumb zone podcasts . . how is the listening experience? most podcasts i end up listening to a day or 3 (or month) later, and i just don't know how much life affords listening to them immediately / how much i will care about listening to their cowboys takes a week later.

I blow through most of their sports segments. I did that during the HZ as well. Thankfully, that's maybe 30-45 minutes of an almost 2 hour podcast. I'm not listening to most of the Friday episodes since they come out too late in the day for me to have time to jump on them. In general, it's a great listen and there's elements of the HZ still there. Thankfully, they give markers and descriptions for each segment so you can fast forward or head straight to something. 

43 minutes ago, bizzle said:

it's easy. if i get behind i just skip the sports segment so i don't have to listen to them previewing the Cowboys game or reviewing it if they talk about it.

the rest is good. keep in mind you can export an RSS feed to your podcast player of choice, so you aren't stuck in the Patreon app

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I blow through most of their sports segments. I did that during the HZ as well. Thankfully, that's maybe 30-45 minutes of an almost 2 hour podcast. I'm not listening to most of the Friday episodes since they come out too late in the day for me to have time to jump on them. In general, it's a great listen and there's elements of the HZ still there. Thankfully, they give markers and descriptions for each segment so you can fast forward or head straight to something. 

yeah, the markers are awesome for this or if you aren't into the segment.

• Like 1