If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

Dumb Zone shows are way too long. I only listen after work and my commute isn't 2 fucking hours

The shows are the perfect length for me. I start an ep when I leave, get about halfway through when I get to work and finish the 2nd half otw home. Sometimes they go long, sometimes short. When they're short or skip a day I listen to The Ticket Top 10 app.

5 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

For some reason he kept insisting that Dan should not the drink White Claws he had in stock, and he did his usual bit of protesting any Chappy involvement.

im sure people love him, but he was overexposed on the Hang Zone and now is getting somehow even more exposure with the dumb zone.

he isn't very good at the one thing he says he is and there is nothing about him that is interesting to me.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

It's probably Dan doing his usual sticking with a bad bit specifically to annoy listeners and Jake. Chappy is not enjoyable. It was quaint the first few years but it's a beating now. I skip past it every time. 

This, Chappy isn't entertaining.  I think Dan is just annoying everyone.   I skip him  when he comes on. 

2 hours ago, threesheets said:

The last two pages. Herm doesn't even know they exist. NoName and HR are pretty mad too lol.

I don't think they suck at all.  Used to listen quite often back on the ticket. 

I think it's just saying no matter how much I enjoy a show I can easily move on and forget about it once it's no longer convenient for me to listen/see it. I'm surprised by that. I had planned to sign up to it once they got their sea legs doing podcasts.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I don't think they suck at all.  Used to listen quite often back on the ticket. 

I think it's just saying no matter how much I enjoy a show I can easily move on and forget about it once it's no longer convenient for me to listen/see it. I'm surprised by that. I had planned to sign up to it once they got their sea legs doing podcasts.  

I agree with you 100%. I actually only listen to the one free show and that's when I'm walking the dog at 10pm. I know it makes me a dinosaur, but I'm all about live/local. I don't really enjoy listening to something I know was recorded three days ago, especially if I have to jump through a few hoops to get to it.

3 hours ago, threesheets said:

I agree with you 100%. I actually only listen to the one free show and that's when I'm walking the dog at 10pm. I know it makes me a dinosaur, but I'm all about live/local. I don't really enjoy listening to something I know was recorded three days ago, especially if I have to jump through a few hoops to get to it.

i mean, how else would you even know that Michael Jackson died?

2 hours ago, pops said:

I forgot how much I didn't miss hearing norm. 

just listening to him on WTDS has been painful. can't imagine listening to the 2 hour shift he's doing all week.

Hardline is in Lake Highlands right now.  Corby could stumble from Jake's Gameday.

worse than a Chappy or Dominic Robinson show is another Matt Bruenig show.  at least he lets the game come to him, but those episodes can be tough. 

On 12/11/2023 at 5:43 PM, threesheets said:

The last two pages. Herm doesn't even know they exist. NoName and HR are pretty mad too lol.

mad?

i haven't missed a single episode they have put out and sub'd on day 1.

...i just fucking hate Chappy. i hated him when he was on THZ and i still hate him now that he is on TDZ

but guess what - with a podcast and their timestamps (thanks Blake) i can just fast forward and never have to listen to him AND don't miss anything. it's a win-win

do they bog more now than they did before? sure. but that's what happens when you go from a very time limited/constrained system (radio) to the least time limited/constrained system (podcast)

i love TDZ. i go out of my way to listen to them and have shifted to only listening to top 10 bits via podcast if they interest me.

Edited by NoName

On 12/12/2023 at 3:05 AM, RPM said:

Ya'll are daring me to spend $690 to get an all Chappy show, aren't ya?

On 12/12/2023 at 8:25 AM, NOMAAA said:

ha.  would be only slightly worse than an all dominic robinson show.

The Chappy & Dom Show! Dear Tio Correo Caliente...

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Interested Harvey Specter GIF by Suits

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

Yeah, me either. But definitely holler at me whenever someone opens up a Jimmy's-type of Italian deli, since apparently Dallas can only sustain one (I'm not talking about the boujee joints). I'd kill for a Jimmy's up north.

Barsotti's places are pretty good.

30 minutes ago, CBT said:

DJ and Monty have been, dare I say it, good.  The aggie shade this morning helps.

in the last few weeks, i've listened to way more pf Monty/DJ filling in for the Musers than i have listened to Donnie/McClarin and the Sweet Spot combined since they took over in August.  10-3 is an absolute tune out.    

this new incarnation of WiP could be a daily show.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1