If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 6/30/2022 at 10:53 PM, Da Fino said:

I enjoyed that. I’m pretty sure they have bitched about him before. Also, I’ve worked in several buildings that have that exact same guy working. It was nice to see that guy get a chance to talk about his business.

image.gif.1a686e340bae16fa14a4b7111905c0ee.gif

1 hour ago, futureman said:

Shoopy!

1 hour ago, Grubes said:

Hey futureman!

23 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So my feeling is Grubes was ready to go where anybody told him. 

He's just been hanging around Surly a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I worked in radio back in the day. Even got an intern gig at Belo with Norm on WFAA-AM 570 across the hall from Studio H home of The Zoo, KZEW-FM with LaBella, Rody and Rhyner. Those were heady days back when I was a street urchin fresh out of the Coast Guard.

Screenshot_2020-11-206x483clearstickers_

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

Grubes was a board op, has been gone ten years, and yet I still know that he was in a tribute band called “Pepper Theft”. Yeah, there’s something special about the Ticket. 

He also slept in a race car bed at Dirk’s house.

Jesus has Grubes really been gone 10 years?
Damn, time flies.

44 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

He also slept in a race car bed at Dirk’s house.

Jesus has Grubes really been gone 10 years?
Damn, time flies.

Yep…April 6 was the 10 year anniversary of my last day.

And June 3rd was the 20 year anniversary of my first day interning up there, which really threw me for a loop! 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Grubes said:

Yep…April 6 was the 10 year anniversary of my last day.

And June 3rd was the 20 year anniversary of my first day interning up there, which really threw me for a loop! 

You still team "only basketball shorts"?

That was always one of my favorite Grubes things. Basketball shorts for every occasion 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grubes said:

Darn right I am!

Rotten Radio E-brakes all day today. They played your call into Rangers postgame lamenting the loss of a player, forget which one. Funny shit.

Have you figured out how to even fix a horses leg though?

39 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Rotten Radio E-brakes all day today. They played your call into Rangers postgame lamenting the loss of a player, forget which one. Funny shit.

Each year, I get less and less optimistic. 😔

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Dilligas said:

Yu Darvish

Also, does anybody remember the exact joke that finally pulled the plug on Triple Fake Koko from Lower Heaven?

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Don't hate on Elf. He's a Horn and Ticket OG.

He’s terrible. He can’t even fix a horse’s bones!  

Julie’s ebrake last week illustrate why she is so terrible. 

35 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yu Darvish

Also, does anybody remember the exact joke that finally pulled the plug on Triple Fake Koko from Lower Heaven?

I forgot myself, but this is from a Reddit thread...

"On Juneteenth he said, "there is another primate holiday to discuss..." before leading into his typical anecdote of some famous monkey. So they thought he was referring to Juneteenth as a holiday for primates and cut him off.

I think he meant this is also a holiday for primates...but they didn't take it that way.

EDIT: Went back and listened to my recording. He said, "today is extra special primate anniversary for KoKo and Koko not talking about Juneteenth. Do you muser know what commemorate today is?"

i still think he just had an unfortunate choice/order of wording but maybe i'm naive."

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Matuka said:

I forgot myself, but this is from a Reddit thread...

"On Juneteenth he said, "there is another primate holiday to discuss..." before leading into his typical anecdote of some famous monkey. So they thought he was referring to Juneteenth as a holiday for primates and cut him off.

I think he meant this is also a holiday for primates...but they didn't take it that way.

EDIT: Went back and listened to my recording. He said, "today is extra special primate anniversary for KoKo and Koko not talking about Juneteenth. Do you muser know what commemorate today is?"

i still think he just had an unfortunate choice/order of wording but maybe i'm naive."

Whatever he meant, he was flirting with disaster by even bringing up Juneteenth as a fake character that happens to be a fucking gorilla. There is no defense for that, and good riddance. 

That is equating primates with Juneteenth as a joke, very intentional.

The Corby vacation segment was painful. 15 straight minutes about how teenagers want to hang out with other teenagers instead of their parents. That's it. No funny story or anything remotely interesting. And I swear he's done the same segment before.

"Hey Corby, think you can fill a segment with vacation talk?"

"Oh yeah, I've got some gold. And I won't even have to do any kind of prep or work either, so it's a win-win."

Edited by LonghornSean

The Corby vacation segment was painful. 15 straight minutes about how teenagers want to hang out with other teenagers instead of their parents. That's it. No funny story or anything remotely interesting. And I swear he's done the same segment before.
"Hey Corby, think you can fill a segment with vacation talk?"
"Oh yeah, I've got some gold. And I won't even have to do any kind of prep or work either, so it's a win-win."

Corby has to have pics of Cumulus execs getting fucked by a goat. Nothing else explains it. A pathetic bastard.

8 hours ago, futureman said:

Davey is excellent.  I’d always liked him but he’s been more enjoyable than I was expecting.  Maybe that’s more of a statement on Corby.  Probably it is. 

Davey gets audibly irritated with Bob. I cannot take Bob any longer. Corby is far more patient with Bob than Danny was or Davey appears to be. I wouldn’t be surprised if a work environment that wasn’t fun anymore hastened Danny’s departure. And that’s all Bob. 

Having said that, in a college football segment, Corby said the absolutely dumbest shit. I couldn’t believe it, because he is head and shoulders above Bob in that area. This was two days ago - I have already forgotten it. 

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Corby has to have pics of Cumulus execs getting fucked by a goat. Nothing else explains it. A pathetic bastard.

I hear he gets all the advertising dollars. 

5 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Davey gets audibly irritated with Bob. I cannot take Bob any longer.

i had that exact same thought.  can't remember what it was, but Davey was just completely dismissive of whatever Bob said, and had to voice his displeasure somehow.  i think it was a very loud groan.

Sturm Center yesterday was horrible.  some UFC talk with a dude from the Bachelor and Bob's son, i think.  i tuned out after 8 seconds.

i didn't listen to Corby's vacation talk at all.  i've learned my lesson.  Corby goes somewhere and acts like he's the only person who's ever been there.  "Dude, let me tell you about ___________.  It's incredible.  If you have the chance, you should go there."  yeah, i know, i've been there.

Davey is a godsend.  at least 2 segments are enjoyable (E-News and CQH).

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 1

Corby needs to be put in a rocket and shot into the sun. He has completely lost touch with the audience. He thinks he’s Ferris Bueller. Everyone should go to Cabo. Or Côte d’Azur. When most of his audience is staycationing with a day at Six Flags or going to Barton Springs.

Davey has been fantastic. And he has pushed back quicker and harder against Bob and corbys dumassedry than I thought he would. 

Yesterday when corby was going on about the big 10 and who they are targeting Davey finally had enough and was like...um it all hinges on notre dame. And corby wad like yeah yeah yeah like that was just a given. 

My God... can you imagine a hardline of sirois Davey and Danny producing?  Pump that shit right into my veins. Jake Davey and sirois would be awesome,  too,  and probably better from the sports angle,  but I love what Dan and Jake have going on the hang zone. It's as good of a show as the ticket has ever had. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

i had that exact same thought.  can't remember what it was, but Davey was just completely dismissive of whatever Bob said, and had to voice his displeasure somehow.  i think it was a very loud groan.

Sturm Center yesterday was horrible.  some UFC talk with a dude from the Bachelor and Bob's son, i think.  i tuned out after 8 seconds.

i didn't listen to Corby's vacation talk at all.  i've learned my lesson.  Corby goes somewhere and acts like he's the only person who's ever been there.  "Dude, let me tell you about ___________.  It's incredible.  If you have the chance, you should go there."  yeah, i know, i've been there.

Davey is a godsend.  at least 2 segments are enjoyable (E-News and CQH).

I go there multiple times per year. And in fact just spent 2 weeks in June and last Thanksgiving there. Corby is the exact self absorbed doucher we thought he was. He is world’s better than Bob. The Hard Line will not last. There is no way. 

17 hours ago, pops said:

Davey has been fantastic. And he has pushed back quicker and harder against Bob and corbys dumassedry than I thought he would. 

Yesterday when corby was going on about the big 10 and who they are targeting Davey finally had enough and was like...um it all hinges on notre dame. And corby wad like yeah yeah yeah like that was just a given. 

My God... can you imagine a hardline of sirois Davey and Danny producing?  Pump that shit right into my veins. Jake Davey and sirois would be awesome,  too,  and probably better from the sports angle,  but I love what Dan and Jake have going on the hang zone. It's as good of a show as the ticket has ever had. 

I listened to Sirois on My Dark Companion a couple of days ago. I think there were a couple of telling things about why Rhyner left and why Sirois left. Sirois said something to the effect of putting in as much or more effort as his friends making a couple hundred grand and that wore on him. When Rhyner said that Corby and Danny weren’t told about him leaving until the day before, I thought that was really eye opening. Rhyner has gotten softer but doesn’t tolerate fools. I feel like his give up over the last couple of years he was around was due to what surrounded him.