If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

On 1/8/2019 at 11:39 AM, pops said:

Mike has full on checked out. And it sucks because he used to be awesome when he gave a shit. 

Corby is an idiot and everyone knows it including Mike but he's just counting down the days until he dies I guess. Not sure he even wants to retire because he knows he's stealing that salary.

Pretty spot on synopsis.

I don't have quite the problem with Corby that a lot of people here do.  I'm fairly neutral on him.  Some of the biggest Jake fans seem to be anti-Corby which is perplexing as they are essentially the same.  Corby's level of knowledge is about a 6-7 across all subjects.  Jake's is about a 8-9 about a couple sports and about a 2-3 on literally everything else.  So their level of knowledge averages out about the same.  They're both pretty douchey with a fairly heavy lean toward Corby's schtick being much funnier than Jake's (at least it used to).  Corby is too pro-ou and Jake can be anti-aggy so that's probably it for most here.

Danny has his moments.  His negativity spills into unhealthy levels from time-to-time.  But overall, I'm pretty neutral on him too and can take him or leave him as I think would be the case with most listeners.

But the problem isn't Corby or Danny.  The problem is that the two of them don't have enough in their bags collectively to carry their own show.  Yet, that's what's happening as Mike has completely checked out.  He can barely get through reciting the opening montage (one of the most tired things on the Ticket BTW) without showing how checked out he is.  I think he probably feels that the day he retires is the day he's irrelevant and therefor, might as well be dead.  He founded the station so I think he's probably almost untouchable.  It's like they all have an unspoken understanding that Mike is just expected to get through WOMM and then Corby and Danny will take it from there.  Sad really as he did used to be greatness.  Happens to some of the best of them I guess.  They can't all be Norm and maintain the passion and intensity into their latter years.

Corby plus Danny plus one more competent, active, quality counterpart could still be a great show.  Sadly, Mike is the one who needs to be replaced, which will probably never happen unless he goes voluntarily or grabs a sales girl's boob or something.

Edited by Landomatic

Rhynes aware is great, the problem is that way too often he is coasting and not the Greggo train wreck coasting...

Corbaly has never been a true host. He’s at his best when he’s a yuck monkey.

I’ve gotten where I often tune out after wtds and just skip to entertainment news etc to hear some ok laughs.

I love the ticket but when I really break it down it’s basically any segment with Gordo, BaD radio and entertainment news on the Hardline.

So the Cowboys just lost in the divisional round of the playoffs. Haven’t advanced from here since 1995. Now that the game has just ended I can’t wait to turn off the TV and immediately listen to my friends on The Ticket break it down for me on the Cowboys Playoff Post-Game Show!

Oh...wait. Stars regular season game on the radio still on....

5f76a6f8189ee0371f92e44536372142.jpg

Pretty spot on synopsis.
I don't have quite the problem with Corby that a lot of people here do.  I'm fairly neutral on him.  Some of the biggest Jake fans seem to be anti-Corby which is perplexing as they are essentially the same.  Corby's level of knowledge is about a 6-7 across all subjects.  Jake's is about a 8-9 about a couple sports and about a 2-3 on literally everything else.  So their level of knowledge averages out about the same.  They're both pretty douchey with a fairly heavy lean toward Corby's schtick being much funnier than Jake's (at least it used to).  Corby is too pro-ou and Jake can be anti-aggy so that's probably it for most here.
Danny has his moments.  His negativity spills into unhealthy levels from time-to-time.  But overall, I'm pretty neutral on him too and can take him or leave him as I think would be the case with most listeners.
But the problem isn't Corby or Danny.  The problem is that the two of them don't have enough in their bags collectively to carry their own show.  Yet, that's what's happening as Mike has completely checked out.  He can barely get through reciting the opening montage (one of the most tired things on the Ticket BTW) without showing how checked out he is.  I think he probably feels that the day he retires is the day he's irrelevant and therefor, might as well be dead.  He founded the station so I think he's probably almost untouchable.  It's like they all have an unspoken understanding that Mike is just expected to get through WOMM and then Corby and Danny will take it from there.  Sad really as he did used to be greatness.  Happens to some of the best of them I guess.  They can't all be Norm and maintain the passion and intensity into their latter years.
Corby plus Danny plus one more competent, active, quality counterpart could still be a great show.  Sadly, Mike is the one who needs to be replaced, which will probably never happen unless he goes voluntarily or grabs a sales girl's boob or something.

Great anal-ysis. Corby used to be great because he was delivered in doses, like Gordo. These days he has to lead all of the segments except the one at 330. Corby is dangerously close to wearing out his welcome with listeners.

If they would put Jake and Corby together with shared duties, and whoever is the appropriate third person (Danny, Donny, etc) it would probably work. The few times those two were on air together it was pretty good. The only fear is that they may need an oldster to tamp down Corby. Jake may not be able to keep him from hogging the mic.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Great anal-ysis. Corby used to be great because he was delivered in doses, like Gordo. These days he has to lead all of the segments except the one at 330. Corby is dangerously close to wearing out his welcome with listeners.

If they would put Jake and Corby together with shared duties, and whoever is the appropriate third person (Danny, Donny, etc) it would probably work. The few times those two were on air together it was pretty good. The only fear is that they may need an oldster to tamp down Corby. Jake may not be able to keep him from hogging the mic.

Jake and Corby?  I think this would be a disaster.  They're the same person, both of which need a secondary role to the main host(s).  They would definitely need an "oldster"...not to keep Corby from hogging the mic, but for someone with a half way knowledgeable brain.  Jake's intellect outside a couple sports is dick and Corby's isn't far behind.  Danny would be the most intelligent person of the 3 in the room by far...think about that.

Corby and Danny need a 50-60 year old who's knowledgable and talented and still really into it.  And definitely needs to be someone who's semi-serious or at least can be when needed.  In other words, the opposite of Jake.  They need a Rhynes when Rhynes was good.  I don't think that person exists on their current staff, without breaking up the chemistry of one of the other core shows, which would be really stupid.  Need a Mike Doocy type guy.

Edited by Landomatic

21 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Rhynes aware is great, the problem is that way too often he is coasting and not the Greggo train wreck coasting...

Corbaly has never been a true host. He’s at his best when he’s a yuck monkey.

I’ve gotten where I often tune out after wtds and just skip to entertainment news etc to hear some ok laughs.

I love the ticket but when I really break it down it’s basically any segment with Gordo, BaD radio and entertainment news on the Hardline.

How many fucking times does this same exact shit have to be posted before eveeeeeeeeeeeryone fucking gets it through their dense fucking skulls that

WE ALREADY FUCKING KNOW. 

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

How many fucking times does this same exact shit have to be posted before eveeeeeeeeeeeryone fucking gets it through their dense fucking skulls that

WE ALREADY FUCKING KNOW. 

if you’re gonna pick a ticket host to use as your handle you should pick the one who isn’t a cocksucker.  though you come off as a cocksucker so maybe you chose wisely.  

Jake's intellect outside a couple sports is dick and Corby's isn't far behind.  Danny would be the most intelligent person of the 3 in the room by far...think about that.

danny is a moron. i don’t mind him on the hardline. he’s kind of funny and has good stories, but if he has to actually discuss anything other music, he’s fucking clueless. corby and jake are both 10x smarter than danny.

Just now, patrickdrinksbeer said:

danny is a moron. i don’t mind him on the hardline. he’s kind of funny and has good stories, but if he has to actually discuss anything other music, he’s fucking clueless. corby and jake are both 10x smarter than danny.

plus he’s adopted. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

I missed that, Cliffnotes please?

he says wetteland was a fucking prick while with the rangers who hid behind the “born again christian” label and would lead player prayer groups with bible in hand all while treating anyone who wasn’t a teammate like absolute dogshit.  junes says he fucking hates him and has hated him for years, long before he became known as a pederast. 

• Like 1