$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Is there any chance it is a browser issue for you? You had a similar issue with something else and I can see all of it fine with Chrome on a laptop or Safari on an iphone.

Anyway, I disabled autorenew which was about to kick in next week. I need to figure out something meaningful as an alternative for my dad, since the $9.95ers boards are his jam. I enjoy telling or texting him and my brothers stuff and then getting a text from him a week later when someone on IT reports on it, as if it is news. Love it. "Sounds like Casey Cain is in the portal. Catalon too. I hope they have a plan." I am pretty sure he posts here as 6th Street.

www.the-university.com

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Imo, all of that content can be covered by Bobby more efficiently in about a quarter of the time he's on air/video

Yes if it was just passing along the news, the show would only be about 10 minutes.  But it seems like the business model is to sit there for an hour while schmucks superchat $5 for the right to ask dumb questions like "what is the latest on Micah Hudson" or "should we be concerned about pass defense against Washington".

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Is there any chance it is a browser issue for you? You had a similar issue with something else and I can see all of it fine with Chrome on a laptop or Safari on an iphone.

Anyway, I disabled autorenew which was about to kick in next week. I need to figure out something meaningful as an alternative for my dad, since the $9.95ers boards are his jam. I enjoy telling or texting him and my brothers stuff and then getting a text from him a week later when someone on IT reports on it, as if it is news. Love it. "Sounds like Casey Cain is in the portal. Catalon too. I hope they have a plan." I am pretty sure he posts here as 6th Street.

Dont think so, I've tried multiple browsers and on mobile. Same shit. 

No clue where to send your pops, however. It's a barren wasteland now. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Yesh said:

Yes if it was just passing along the news, the show would only be about 10 minutes.  But it seems like the business model is to sit there for an hour while schmucks superchat $5 for the right to ask dumb questions like "what is the latest on Micah Hudson" or "should we be concerned about pass defense against Washington".

It's like you have  no concept of a business model surrounding old people with disposable income. 

3 minutes ago, Yesh said:

"Bobby- I am worried about Bo Davis' recruiting. Where are the five stars?"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's like you have  no concept of a business model surrounding old people with disposable income. 

Hey man there is admiration in my voice.  Bobby is a genius.  He has me thinking about my life experiences and knowledge base trying to figure out if there is anything interesting enough that people would pay to watch.  Sadly the answer is no.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're going to be shocked to hear this, but their on3 settings aren't working effectively for me. For example, it says I have zero payment methods on file, zero active subs despite being charged regularly, and there's no "Manage My Subs" button on my account section. 

Same with me, I wonder if it has to do with joining IT before the On3 merge. Luckily for me, the auto-payment is connected to my paypal account, so I was able to cancel from that end. I did send a help message, but that will probably get answered soon. 🙄 

Update: They told me they have no subscriptions tied to my email. Lulz, what a bunch of fucking idiots.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yesh said:

Hey man there is admiration in my voice.  Bobby is a genius.  He has me thinking about my life experiences and knowledge base trying to figure out if there is anything interesting enough that people would pay to watch.  Sadly the answer is no.

I think you and NowThis could tell a hell of a story together.

Before you go "WTF" I'm just messing with you man. We all know that NowThis's most obvious partner on Surly for a video biography series is BO&W

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dont think so, I've tried multiple browsers and on mobile. Same shit. 

No clue where to send your pops, however. It's a barren wasteland now. 

I just went to look at my account screen and it looks like I have the same problem.  There are only zeros under subscriptions, payment methods, or transactions

1 hour ago, Yesh said:

Part of the YT pay structure is minutes viewed.

12 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Nahlin's stupidity is truly staggering... The Longhorns are a game away from playing for a national title with a level of hype and media attention the team hasn't enjoyed in ~15 years... His business was getting ready to boom, but he sabotages his relationships with Bobby / Gerry instead (the only 2x personalities people subscribe to listen to)...  

Hope that Bobby / Gerry build an empire and IT becomes a ghost town.

This definitely feels like Nahlin decided to blow it up because the On Texas Football channel was getting bigger and more popular than Inside Texas. It was a very stupid and petty move, if that is the case. Bobby Burton has decades in this industry and frankly is the only Texas sports mouthpiece that most people, even us cunts on Surly, respect. Bobby will be fine and OTF will continue to grow and improve (maybe mix in a little production value?) and IT will suffer. What a dipshit. 

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

This definitely feels like Nahlin decided to blow it up because the On Texas Football channel was getting bigger and more popular than Inside Texas. It was a very stupid and petty move, if that is the case. Bobby Burton has decades in this industry and frankly is the only Texas sports mouthpiece that most people, even us cunts on Surly, respect. Bobby will be fine and OTF will continue to grow and improve (maybe mix in a little production value?) and IT will suffer. What a dipshit. 

I think OTF will also suffer, until Bobby can find a recruiting guy equivalent to Gerry and a Texas beat writer equivalent to Wells + Cook. + Nahlin. OTF + IT was very much a symbiotic relationship, with OTF getting credibility from bringing on journalists with first-hand info. 

At this point Bobby comes across as just another Youtuber giving his opinion on stories he read on paysites that morning. 

9 minutes ago, Askew said:

I think OTF will also suffer, until Bobby can find a recruiting guy equivalent to Gerry and a Texas beat writer equivalent to Wells + Cook. + Nahlin. OTF + IT was very much a symbiotic relationship, with OTF getting credibility from bringing on journalists with first-hand info. 

At this point Bobby comes across as just another Youtuber giving his opinion on stories he read on paysites that morning. 

He actually had some breaking portal news last night concerning Trey Moore that hadn't been reported anywhere else. He still has contacts in Belmont. If we wants this to work long-term, then he needs to reel the bigtime fish guests, that will be able to differentiate himself from the countless other UT videos and podcasts. He certainly doesn't need a daily one at this time, because the content isn't there and he's not an easy listen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

He's had Kevin Eltife and CDC as guests.  I'm pretty sure those beat writer hacks you named could not have pulled that.  

This is absolutely true. 

I should have been more precise: because of his connections, Bobby is able to pull some really good one-off content; but when Bobby is doing daily long-form podcasts without Gerry and/or IT he is mostly rambling or giving his opinion on other paysite reports. Bobby has already done this in his latest few videos, but has just stopped using the words "Inside Texas is reporting that ____", now he just says "reports are that ____". 

12 minutes ago, Askew said:

This is absolutely true. 

I should have been more precise: because of his connections, Bobby is able to pull some really good one-off content; but when Bobby is doing daily long-form podcasts without Gerry and/or IT he is mostly rambling or giving his opinion on other paysite reports. Bobby has already done this in his latest few videos, but has just stopped using the words "Inside Texas is reporting that ____", now he just says "reports are that ____". 

He did cite Gerry today for a report.

43 minutes ago, Askew said:

He needs to shorten the videos.  1 hour is too long now that Gerry is gone. Even when he was on there was a lot of restating things they had already said. 

35-40 minutes seems about right until they can bring someone else on.

5 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

He needs to shorten the videos.  1 hour is too long now that Gerry is gone. Even when he was on there was a lot of restating things they had already said. 

35-40 minutes seems about right until they can bring someone else on.

This is me speculating on the business model, but I imagine the schism occurred because IT discovered how much $$ was coming in from superchats and wanted a larger cut. Bobby said fuck off I love my superchats, bro. 

So I agree with your point, but it runs contrary to the fundamental reason Bobby is leaving: Youtube revenue. He wants to ramble for 90 minutes at a time and collect superchats throughout. Cut down on time and you cut down on superchat $$. He isnt doing this to put out high quality content as part of the IT ecosystem. Which is a shame because they were kind of achieving that concept as well as you can in this business. 

Any arms-length consultant would tell Bobby what you are saying (not enough content for the time block). But I imagine he wants to find out for himself what a youtube death spiral feels like. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Askew said:

This is me speculating on the business model, but I imagine the schism occurred because IT discovered how much $$ was coming in from superchats and wanted a larger cut. Bobby said fuck off I love my superchats, bro. 

So I agree with your point, but it runs contrary to the fundamental reason Bobby is leaving: Youtube revenue. He wants to ramble for 90 minutes at a time and collect superchats throughout. Cut down on time and you cut down on superchat $$. He isnt doing this to put out high quality content as part of the IT ecosystem. Which is a shame because they were kind of achieving that concept as well as you can in this business. 

Any arms-length consultant would tell Bobby what you are saying (not enough content for the time block). But I imagine he wants to find out for himself what a youtube death spiral feels like. 

I have no proof of this, but it sure seemed like the same 5-10 people would send in superchats every video. I began to recognize some of the names as they would read them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Askew said:

The simplest answer is being avoided with this kind of speculation. It's not that complex and I already posted about it. 

Kelson and Waddlington are the only ones left who are a plus in video settings like YouTube, and they both have regular 9-5 jobs so who knows how much they will contribute. 

It's going to be interesting to see the pairings they come up with and how they structure it. Bobby wasn't the best in those YouTube settings but he had good chemistry with Gerry and Babers. It was a noticeable step back when they would have Wells or some other guy fill in. Nahlin presents his info fine but is super monotone, Cook knows his stuff but his sweet spot might be more basketball/baseball and we all know how Ian Boyd sounds. 

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

37 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

No mention of Babers. Interesting. 

35 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He's sticking with Bobby it looks like. He never wrote/contributed to IT. He was only on the OTF YouTube channel.

11 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Kelson and Waddlington are the only ones left who are a plus in video settings like YouTube, and they both have regular 9-5 jobs so who knows how much they will contribute. 

It's going to be interesting to see the pairings they come up with and how they structure it. Bobby wasn't the best in those YouTube settings but he had good chemistry with Gerry and Babers. It was a noticeable step back when they would have Wells or some other guy fill in. Nahlin presents his info fine but is super monotone, Cook knows his stuff but his sweet spot might be more basketball/baseball and we all know how Ian Boyd sounds. 

FUCC!! "Football Theory" was probably my favorite show before the IT split the last couple days.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 12/11/2023 at 8:55 AM, SydneyCarton said:

You're going to be shocked to hear this, but their on3 settings aren't working effectively for me. For example, it says I have zero payment methods on file, zero active subs despite being charged regularly, and there's no "Manage My Subs" button on my account section. 

On 12/11/2023 at 9:56 AM, HtownHorn said:

Same with me, I wonder if it has to do with joining IT before the On3 merge. Luckily for me, the auto-payment is connected to my paypal account, so I was able to cancel from that end. I did send a help message, but that will probably get answered soon. 🙄 

Update: They told me they have no subscriptions tied to my email. Lulz, what a bunch of fucking idiots.

let me know if yall figure it out cause I am having the same issue and dont want to have to email the fucking owner over something as simple as chanigng my subscription

Edited by RGBIII
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The simplest answer is being avoided with this kind of speculation. It's not that complex and I already posted about it. 

No I get the whole 'Nahlin is an asshole' answer. 

But there is still an unanswered question of 'why does Bobby keep putting out daily rambling videos when he doesnt have much to talk about?'. Which I would like to speculate upon instead of doing my real job. 

11 minutes ago, Askew said:

But there is still an unanswered question of 'why does Bobby keep putting out daily rambling videos when he doesnt have much to talk about?'. Which I would like to speculate upon instead of doing my real job. 

Probably becuase he's making money doing it. Ask @closetojumping why his favorite musical artist Harry Styles keeps pumping out albums. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Askew said:

Content is king. In general, the more you post, the better off you are. It works this way on just about every social media platform.

4 hours ago, Askew said:

I think OTF will also suffer, until Bobby can find a recruiting guy equivalent to Gerry and a Texas beat writer equivalent to Wells + Cook. + Nahlin. OTF + IT.   

a Texas beat writer equivalent to zero ??? 🙄

Wells + Cook + Nahlin = 0  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

From link:  Inside Texas is proud to launch the official Inside Texas YouTube channel. Longhorn fans can go ITYT to get video insight from Eric Nahlin, Justin Wells, Ian Boyd, Paul Wadlington, and Joe Cook, expert perspectives from Lifetime Longhorn Drew Kelson, and top-notch commentary and production from the entire Inside Texas staff!

• Are Scipio Tex and Nahlin good buddies??
  • Wasn't aware Drew Kelson was part of Inside Texas -- poor Drew

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Without either Gerry/Bobby/Babers as a co-host...   I just can not watch a video with Cook, Wells, Boyd, or Nahlin.

Scipio Tex and Drew are the only two left at IT that are worth a shit on a YouTube video...

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up
  • Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Without either Gerry/Bobby/Babers as a co-host...   I just can not watch a video with Cook, Wells, Boyd, or Nahlin.

Scipio Tex and Drew are the only two left at IT that are worth a shit on a YouTube video...

They ruined the dream team of Bobby/Gerry/Rod

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1