$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.2a103cb62b854d9b097b7b351f5ddf73.pngimage.png.7a8fbf1c172cfa913d915d6f379249c9.pngimage.png.87177742cc39b4a30158780ddecad354.png

More viewers for IT than 3 other shows combined. They're killing the morning live streams. 

OB's is fucking awful, and all of the radio guys getting their asses kicked on a morning show is the reason why the Austin radio coverage is what it is. I do like the IT show, and they are doing a good job flexing their program access bringing big names onto the program, but Gerry Hamilton and Bobby versus Bucky and BK, or Fat Ketch and whatever spare is roaming the halls is a mismatch. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2023 at 7:40 AM, Duane Moore said:

I usually listen to the On Texas podcasts rather than watch the YouTube versions so I’ve never noticed this, but has Gerry had a mild stroke? He looks like he’s got a face droop on his left side. 
IMG_0206.thumb.jpeg.8ce1c4511b0c186605863a45a1d3087e.jpegIMG_0205.thumb.jpeg.a4a51774a4cfb81ce3537cf7001fa853.jpegIMG_0204.thumb.jpeg.fc414b151ccb0c98b61b68aa95ead081.jpeg

I noticed that too.. But I wonder if it's just aging? He's almost 50 

• Fuck You 1

Didn't think we could get weirder on OTF than CDC opening an interview with a five minute monologue against student loan forgiveness or the superchat asking if the A&M journalism controversy would affect A&M's ability to recruit black players and Bobby having to awkwardly explain what that controversy was, but apparently Bobby is interviewing Greg Abbott today. Won't say anything else beyond that to avoid CR.

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Didn't think we could get weirder on OTF than CDC opening an interview with a five minute monologue against student loan forgiveness or the superchat asking if the A&M journalism controversy would affect A&M's ability to recruit black players and Bobby having to awkwardly explain what that controversy was, but apparently Bobby is interviewing Greg Abbott today. Won't say anything else beyond that to avoid CR.

Bobby and Abbott don’t share the same political views and Bobby knows his audience. Then again, I know these days people get really worked up about “the other side”, whichever side that is, so I’m probably being too hopeful. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Bobby and Abbott don’t share the same political views and Bobby knows his audience. Then again, I know these days people get really worked up about “the other side”, whichever side that is, so I’m probably being too hopeful. 

I had gathered the former from bits and pieces and didn't say Bobby shouldn't be doing this! Just found it notable and due to the prior two things I mentioned, amusing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Full Ride on XM84 has their weekly call with Mike Ferrell going right now. That's usually when I turn the show and car off on Thursdays and walk into work. Today, though, I was enjoying a coffee and bit the bullet and listened. 

Chris Childers tries to mask the idea that he despises Texas, but he's always running them over and loves it when guests do as well. Neuheisel is no friend to the program, but he plays things straight most of the time. I like their show anyway and generally listen to it before work.

Farrell thinks he's way smarter than he is, but it's obvious who he likes and doesn't like, and he pretty much despises Texas.

Farrell spent the spring and summer each Thursday telling the other guys how overrated Arch Manning is, how soft Texas is, and how overrated Texas is. Then he dropped in the "Arch Manning is performing poorly in fall camp and looking to transfer" note on national radio based on the tweet of a random idiot. Last week, before I switched it off, he made sure to start early on Texas getting worked that next weekend by Bama.

So they open up with him today and immediately asked for his thoughts on the game. Well, first they let him go on a rant about their show being the only radio show he does, and he turns down turns of other offers because he's so lazy, but he makes sure to make their show. Then they asked about the game.

"I'm not going to say Texas or back or legitimate. They looked in that game, though." - No shit?

"It's more of a loss for Bama and they've just got problems at this point. Their lines are a bit overrated and maybe some of their recent classes. " - Who has been rating those classes, tubby?

"Saban is the greatest of all time. He'll fix all of it and Bama is still a legitimate playoff contender."

"I had Quinn Ewers rated as the best QB recruit in his class. He's got a Will Levis arm with actual talent."

Then he went on to other stupid shit. Neuheisel asked him about JJ McArthy compared to Andrew Luck. 

"We had Luck at a camp and I thought, well, he's got a famous name, but he doesn't look like a 5 star. We had him as a 4 star." - Sound familiar? No self-awareness whatsoever.

"I view McArthy similarly. He was good, but I didn't see a 5 star. We might have underrated both guys." - You think?

Anyway, that was all I could handle. You can almost hear him getting fatter while he's talking on the show. I assume that dude is trending towards destitute. He's on that show for multiple segments because he has nothing to do. He was Childers' boss for years at 247 or Rivals, so he gets thrown that bone. He's just a worthless, uninformed glutton and I enjoy ripping on him on this thread sometimes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

And is THRILLED to be there

He actually was thrilled to be there if you watch the interview, this is just a bad screenshot. He even talked about how the SEC was better than the ACC because they got A&M to shut up and stay inline and vote Texas in. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Since we’ve gotten season tickets, we’ve a been around Austin a lot more for games. I’ll tell you that the trope that there aren’t hot women on campus and in Austin is…laughably bad. I spend more time trying not to get busted looking by my wife than I do watching the actual game. Around Austin, around campus, from our seats. Doesn’t matter. 

the Hellraisers are stupid AF though, and I have probably seen an attractive girl there maybe a handful of times in the last 20 years on TV. But let them tell us how good looking the corps members are…

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Since we’ve gotten season tickets, we’ve a been around Austin a lot more for games. I’ll tell you that the trope that there aren’t hot women on campus and in Austin is…laughably bad. I spend more time trying not to get busted looking by my wife than I do watching the actual game. Around Austin, around campus, from our seats. Doesn’t matter. 

the Hellraisers are stupid AF though, and I have probably seen an attractive girl there maybe a handful of times in the last 20 years on TV. But let them tell us how good looking the corps members are…

So Carl was wrong and we have thots?

14 minutes ago, Fug said:

Hell Raisers are cringe, the midnight yells, the rings, the yell leaders are all cringier 

Plenty of big football schools have some equivalent to the Hellraisers. There is no equivalent to the weird all-male "cheerleader" squad that A&M rolls out, and for good reason.

Edited by satyanash

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Plenty of big football schools have some equivalent to the Hellraisers. There is no equivalent to the weird all-male "cheerleader" squad that A&M rolls out, and for good reason.

Yup, UGA has those students with the spiked shoulderpads, Ohio State just generally has a lot of that weird NFL grown-men-dressing-up superfan energy off the top of my head.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Ohio State just generally has a lot of that weird NFL grown-men-dressing-up superfan energy off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

I generally think Ohio State fans give off more of a WWE wrestling-fan energy.

Pretty sure there's a lot of overlap in those two groups

I generally view Riley as a major bitch but of course the media overreacts to this. 

Media members think they can do or report anything. If there was a rule in place about not reporting anything outside of media availabilities then follow the fucking rules. Some of these low-level reporters think they can do anything without repercussions. 

I would love to see Texas do this with some local reporters but you know there would be a major national bitchfest like is going on here. 

• 2 weeks later...