$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

On 8/2/2023 at 6:34 PM, LTtxfan said:

More competition for Austin Sports market😋

Last I heard BK was still on radio in Houston...

BK:  "I currently serve as a host of “The Wheelhouse” on ESPN 97.5 & 92.5 in Houston. The show airs weekdays from 3-7 p.m. and covers a broad range of important topics in the world of sports, news and entertainment. "

BK betting on himself... moving back to Austin

BK is leaving ESPN radio in H-Town.  Gonna add an App for his new programming called "Texas Sports Unfiltered".  Currently shows available on YouTube, Spotify, and Apple podcasts.

On 8/17/2023 at 2:52 PM, cafe society said:

BK is very talented; he was always too talented for The Horn.  Not sure I would make the decision to leave ESPN Houston, but he may know things to come with the 4 letter.

I wouldn't assume it was his choice.  I have no insight but did see him post a "this is my last week" tweet. Sounded like he got let go/not renewed/whatever.

Good to have him back covering Texas sports. He's a Longhorn alum/Rangers fan so it must have kinda sucked talking Astros/Texans all day.

Babers and Orangebloods already parted ways with the daily show they had him doing. That took what, 2 weeks? He is back contributing with IT.

I’m still a firm believer that the 9 hours a day live content that Orangebloods is trying to do on YouTube is beyond dumb and not sustainable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Babers and Orangebloods already parted ways with the daily show they had him doing. That took what, 2 weeks? He is back contributing with IT.

I’m still a firm believer that the 9 hours a day live content that Orangebloods is trying to do on YouTube is beyond dumb and not sustainable.

IT's Lives and etc are far superior. Ultimately it will come down to who they can get as guest. IT so far is killing that front by having recruits, former players, AD, etc already on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IT's Lives and etc are far superior. Ultimately it will come down to who they can get as guest. IT so far is killing that front by having recruits, former players, AD, etc already on. 

There is such a thing as trying to have too much content and OB is getting into that territory. No one is spending 9 hours of their day listening to videos and oftentimes the video content is outdated 24 hours later based on recent events so listening to a recording is useless.

Burton and Gerry are also a lot better in those video settings than anyone at OB.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

IT is killing OB on the viewership on the 8am slot.. IT gets straight to the point and questions from the chat.. The OB one.... sucks, guess that's why they get under 200 viewers while IT gets 900 plus in the same window

During the Colin Simmons commitment ceremony IT had around 4-5k viewers while OB hovered around 1k. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

There is such a thing as trying to have too much content and OB is getting into that territory. No one is spending 9 hours of their day listening to videos and oftentimes the video content is outdated 24 hours later based on recent events so listening to a recording is useless.

Burton and Gerry are also a lot better in those video settings than anyone at OB.

Sir, not only is TheMailbox listening to all 9 hours, he is then running over here to link it and tell us all about it, probably while eating ham and and typing from his favorite early evening toilet. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Curious with the death of sports radio in Austin of either of these YouTube pushes can get a firm enough hold to make it a break even concept from an ad revenue perspective.

With how easy it is to stream YouTube to your car, it is funny how these two are trying approach drive time mornings.

OB is increasingly becoming some sort of counterintelligence operation. All the dumbest shit in the world comes from there and then it gets quoted as if it represents anything but some weird troll job we play on ourselves. It’s used for fodder by our enemies. Why won’t people unsubscribe and go somewhere else to kill that fucking place?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

the OB live videos are not doing great, across the board. their current show has 246 people watching it

image.thumb.png.e180fc012a11a23adbea3b223e926e83.png

25 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I know CTJ or Sydney will neg me but I enjoyed that outsiders show the other night..  it was fun.

Why would I neg you just because you have dogshit taste in sports programming, utilize your personal time terribly, and are actively supporting an embezzling piece of shit who has actively hurt the UT program for years now? Also, "that Chance Mock guy, who's actively talked shit about Texas football because he sucked balls while insisting he was better than Vince Young his entire, drunken, adult life really turns in some great programming!" is certainly a take. 

I mean, whatever. Some people get their sexual gratification by being pegged, or shit and pissed on. Some people listen to Nickelback. To each their own, I guess. Just know you're giving money to a  tub of goo who's life has been grifting off Texas. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Why would I neg you just because you have dogshit taste in sports programming, utilize your personal time terribly, and are actively supporting an embezzling piece of shit who has actively hurt the UT program for years now? Also, "that Chance Mock guy, who's actively talked shit about Texas football because he sucked balls while insisting he was better than Vince Young his entire, drunken, adult life really turns in some great programming!" is certainly a take. 

I mean, whatever. Some people get their sexual gratification by being pegged, or shit and pissed on. Some people listen to Nickelback. To each their own, I guess. Just know you're giving money to a go who's life has been grifting off Texas. 

LOL.. 

I didn't know Chance Mock talked negatively towards VY.. he only praised him during the show I listened to last week.  But now I feel bad :( 

Just now, Thiefery said:

LOL.. 

I didn't know Chance Mock talked negatively towards VY.. he only praised him during the show I listened to last week.  But now I feel bad :( 

Hes talked negatively towards Texas. He's insisted he didn't get a fair shake against VY. But who know, last I heard that shit was about 5 years ago, when he was still sitting on the bus benches where he advertised his real estate company with a bottle of southern comfort wrapped in a brown bag, trying to pick up co-eds with "Hey, you're sitting on my face. Want to have a sip and sit on my face?" Maybe he's in a different place now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

OB is increasingly becoming some sort of counterintelligence operation. All the dumbest shit in the world comes from there and then it gets quoted as if it represents anything but some weird troll job we play on ourselves. It’s used for fodder by our enemies. Why won’t people unsubscribe and go somewhere else to kill that fucking place?

OB is fox news with Ketch as Tucker?

• Fuck You 2

13 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Sir, not only is TheMailbox listening to all 9 hours, he is then running over here to link it and tell us all about it, probably while eating ham and and typing from his favorite early evening toilet. 

No, I'm not. Like I said weeks ago when it launched, OB's new format of doing 9 hours of livestream content every weekday is too much like a sports radio station format. That's too time-consuming to watch all that. They need to go back to doing podcast-style YouTube shows to get me to watch again.

I'm also annoyed IT also now does a  weekday morning livestream on top of the other YouTube shows & afternoon/evening livestreams they already do. I gotta assume IT is doing the weekday morning livestream for the superchat money more so than competing with OB's new format.

• Fuck You 1

52 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

If your comparison metric is “two people I don’t like,” then yes, it’s a great comparison. 

On a comparison metric of viewers per show, not even close. [No CR]

My metric was this:

All the dumbest shit in the world comes from there and then it gets quoted as if it represents anything but some weird troll job we play on ourselves. It’s used for fodder by our enemies. Why won’t people unsubscribe and go somewhere else to kill that fucking place?

16 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Burton confirmed this morning that Rod Babers is officially with IT now & is gonna be doing a lot more content with them. Including something I've been waiting for: Ian Boyd & Babers doing a show discussing X&O's and Strategy. Babers will also do content with Scipio Tex.

Gotta wonder if this will effect Babers' Horns247 Longhorn Blitz podcast with Jeff Howe.

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hes talked negatively towards Texas. He's insisted he didn't get a fair shake against VY. But who know, last I heard that shit was about 5 years ago, when he was still sitting on the bus benches where he advertised his real estate company with a bottle of southern comfort wrapped in a brown bag, trying to pick up co-eds with "Hey, you're sitting on my face. Want to have a sip and sit on my face?" Maybe he's in a different place now. 

7wh66k.jpg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Scipio Tex needs a new partner on his EGAT podcast...   

14 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Scipio needs to blink more often on camera....

13 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

How dare you speak this way about Randy.

Nobody loves Scipio more than Scipio. 

I'm not sure Randy is on a 3 second delay or not but I swear it's like he doesn't understand the cadence of talking.

He and Ian Boyd need to have their own pod.

At least he's better than Kevin Dunn.  I don't need to hear life lessons from a guy who parlayed his 15 minutes of MTV fame into a mediocre sports talk host. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Nobody loves Scipio more than Scipio. 

I'm not sure Randy is on a 3 second delay or not but I swear it's like he doesn't understand the cadence of talking.

He and Ian Boyd need to have their own pod.

At least he's better than Kevin Dunn.  I don't need to hear life lessons from a guy who parlayed his 15 minutes of MTV fame into a mediocre sports talk host. 

At least hes not cleaning pools