$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Tim Brando also declared ATM as the next great SEC power and predicted, condescendingly, declaratively, and repeatedly that Scott Frost would win multiple national titles at Nebraska. He’s a bloviating asshat with a degree from a directional Louisiana school because he couldn’t academically qualify to get into LSU. I bet he can’t dressed without someone else’s help due to his room temperature IQ. 

I was gonna say something similar but you did it better than I would. Ditto

Ding dong sounds a lot like Bradshaw before we played La Tech that year and Bradshaw went on a rant for minutes talking about our three 5-star Qb's that had left, which I believe he kept calling 5A because he's senile, and the whole time he's really talking about AnM.  There's stupid people everywhere.

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2023 at 7:25 AM, Getafix said:

FCB ... sheesh.

image.thumb.png.18e6557e71d12ec9f3db5e66e359890b.png

Am I crazy to wonder aloud who's the leader in the clubhouse? 

Earl obviously has the highest peak, but his prime was pretty short

Ricky with the most yfs by a pretty decent mark, but his career was all-time strange

Jamaal is the efficiency king and I'll insist all day long he's the 2nd best back this century... but between usage and injuries, his career totals leave a bit to be desired

3 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

Am I crazy to wonder aloud who's the leader in the clubhouse? 

Earl obviously has the highest peak, but his prime was pretty short

Ricky with the most yfs by a pretty decent mark, but his career was all-time strange

Jamaal is the efficiency king and I'll insist all day long he's the 2nd best back this century... but between usage and injuries, his career totals leave a bit to be desired

Not saying better but comparatively Priest leaves Jamaal behind.  Heck he leaves all 3 in the fust in total TDs.

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

Not saying better but comparatively Priest leaves Jamaal behind.  Heck he leaves all 3 in the fust in total TDs.

Fuck. Omitting him is a little embarrassing for me. Though he still doesn't touch JC's efficiency. But he did score approximately a billion TDs over a few seasons

Shame.

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

This is obviously just a response to The Horn going out of business, and trying to capture that audience.

A couple of things:

1) I really like Rod Babers and willl listen from time to time.

2) YouTube can be incredibly profitable if you hit the right metrics. I was just listening to a creator named Destiny on to he Iced Coffee podcast and I really was blown away by the numbers. Presumably, Orangebloods and Babers have some sort of profit sharing arrangement. I hope it works out for Rod.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

So Babers is doing 6-11 AM everyday on HornFM radio then this Orangebloods thing from 3-6? Lol.

Maybe you can get by with filling 9 hours of content during the season, but this is going to flame out so quickly. What do you talk about for 9 hours in January or February?

And Babers will be directly competing against his local radio station HornFM during his 3-6pm "Rodcast Show"   

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

More competition for Austin Sports market😋

Last I heard BK was still on radio in Houston...

BK:  "I currently serve as a host of “The Wheelhouse” on ESPN 97.5 & 92.5 in Houston. The show airs weekdays from 3-7 p.m. and covers a broad range of important topics in the world of sports, news and entertainment. "

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

More competition for Austin Sports market😋

Last I heard BK was still on radio in Houston...

BK:  "I currently serve as a host of “The Wheelhouse” on ESPN 97.5 & 92.5 in Houston. The show airs weekdays from 3-7 p.m. and covers a broad range of important topics in the world of sports, news and entertainment. "

This seems like a huge step down for BK.  Houston ESPN to Austin You Tube?  Either his ratings were poor and he was soon to be cashiered or he needs medical attention for the blow to his head.

This seems like a huge step down for BK.  Houston ESPN to Austin You Tube?  Either his ratings were poor and he was soon to be cashiered or he needs medical attention for the blow to his head.

I think this is a side-hustle. He’s still a prime time (for sports radio) headline host on 97.5/92.5….listened to him today….unless I missed an announcement otherwise.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

2) YouTube can be incredibly profitable if you hit the right metrics. I was just listening to a creator named Destiny on to he Iced Coffee podcast and I really was blown away by the numbers. Presumably, Orangebloods and Babers have some sort of profit sharing arrangement. I hope it works out for Rod.

don't let this come across as specifically at you, not coming at you - just have been thinking about this 3x live show thing OB is doing every day.

you are right the $$$ on YT can be legit.

Destiny and OB isn't a fair comparison though - Destiny has about 45x followers on YT compared to Orange Bloods (Destiny has 671k subs and OB has 15.7k) and Destiny's lowest video count in their last 10 videos is 170k, he got 281k views on a video from yesterday and currently has 14k views on a video he released 1 hour ago.

OB's top video in their last 10 is 5k views. their most recent video from 12 hours ago has 426 views. their all time most popular video in the history of their YT channel has 25k views and is about 90 seconds long of players last fall running to the field for fall practice.

OB meanwhile, has yet to flip over any of their live video streams from yesterday to the videos tab, meaning you don't see any of their three shows yesterday at all if you go to their account's video tab (which most people will do). those shows as of right now have 4.9k views for the Anwar old fashioned show, 5.4k views for the Ketch / A&M guy show and 4.3k views for the Rodcast.

here is what their video tab shows:

image.png.5734b80cd1dd3a8e3acb09d42bf9eb78.png

I too like Rod, but the OB guys don't have really anything that shows they know how to use YT in a way that makes everyone money. maybe they are selling ads on the shows and making money that way? i'll never know, because i don't want to give ketch a single cent.

i think Rod is a good dude and I hope he comes out fine in this whole deal.

content creation and youtube specifically is a really damn hard nut to crack. i have no faith in OB or Ketch to hire the right people or listen to the right people to make sure they can crack that nut or to maximize their audience on YT.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

don't let this come across as specifically at you, not coming at you - just have been thinking about this 3x live show thing OB is doing every day.

you are right the $$$ on YT can be legit.

Destiny and OB isn't a fair comparison though - Destiny has about 45x followers on YT compared to Orange Bloods (Destiny has 671k subs and OB has 15.7k) and Destiny's lowest video count in their last 10 videos is 170k, he got 281k views on a video from yesterday and currently has 14k views on a video he released 1 hour ago.

OB's top video in their last 10 is 5k views. their most recent video from 12 hours ago has 426 views. their all time most popular video in the history of their YT channel has 25k views and is about 90 seconds long of players last fall running to the field for fall practice.

OB meanwhile, has yet to flip over any of their live video streams from yesterday to the videos tab, meaning you don't see any of their three shows yesterday at all if you go to their account's video tab (which most people will do). those shows as of right now have 4.9k views for the Anwar old fashioned show, 5.4k views for the Ketch / A&M guy show and 4.3k views for the Rodcast.

here is what their video tab shows:

image.png.5734b80cd1dd3a8e3acb09d42bf9eb78.png

I too like Rod, but the OB guys don't have really anything that shows they know how to use YT in a way that makes everyone money. maybe they are selling ads on the shows and making money that way? i'll never know, because i don't want to give ketch a single cent.

i think Rod is a good dude and I hope he comes out fine in this whole deal.

content creation and youtube specifically is a really damn hard nut to crack. i have no faith in OB or Ketch to hire the right people or listen to the right people to make sure they can crack that nut or to maximize their audience on YT.

I totally understand what you're saying, and YouTube is probably a hard nut to crack, but even Destiny had zero followers at one point in time.  Same is true of MrBeast and all the rest of them.  Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say.  Now, understandably, even with the great reach of the University of Texas and its rabid sports followers, the potential market for Orangebloods and Rod Babers is going to be capped at a much smaller size than that of MrBeast or Destiny, since their potential markets are really the entire world, but it's all about building streams of income.

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I totally understand what you're saying, and YouTube is probably a hard nut to crack, but even Destiny had zero followers at one point in time.  Same is true of MrBeast and all the rest of them.  Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say.  Now, understandably, even with the great reach of the University of Texas and its rabid sports followers, the potential market for Orangebloods and Rod Babers is going to be capped at a much smaller size than that of MrBeast or Destiny, since their potential markets are really the entire world, but it's all about building streams of income.

I clicked on the link (neg away) because they tweeted that Liucci was gonna be on there, and Liucci couldn't figure out how to put his camera right side up, so it was going well. 

Liucci also said that the Texas and A&M would "split" Colin Simmons and Kobe Black when I was listening. 

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2023 at 12:08 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

If you’re trying to pay a group of people from what you make on YT you need Mr beast, destiny, moistcritikal type numbers. Otherwise the views they get likely will only generate 30-50k a year depending(rough estimate). The real earnings for them are the super chats. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

On 8/2/2023 at 3:48 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

A couple of things:

1) I really like Rod Babers and willl listen from time to time.

Babers’ voice is a beating to listen to. Can’t do it. 

11 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Babers’ voice is a beating to listen to. Can’t do it. 

I felt that way at the beginning but it grew on me. Not much a man can do about that. Plus, Rod was the "victim"  in one of the funniest things I ever saw in the informal 7 on 7s back in the day and I guess I've always liked him since then.