$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I bet Ian Boyd's diet consists exclusively of kashii go-lean cereal and prunes. 

Yes and yes. He also strikes me as a person who cannot provide for themselves and only eats "what my wife buys" so when he runs out, he just starts in on the cardboard until more appears. Taste is roughly the same. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I would at least listen to Roach if he had advice for some shitty small town greasy spoon, or if I inexplicably had a desire to eat at a gatti's or cici's pizza, which I know he can navigate to blindly like a salmon that can naturally return to their spawning ground. I bet Ian Boyd's diet consists exclusively of kashii go-lean cereal and prunes. 

Dave South name association, imo. I'm curious if he will re-brand himself as Henry South now that his audience isn't Alabama. 

The exact reason I inserted the word "almost" is because, when I was typing, I thought to myself: "Well, he's probably got some sort of useful food advice." Hahahahahaha

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Teryor said:

It was getting depressing posting Milquetoast Mike's articles, glad he gets to never have to pretend he cares about the collegiate side again. Chip is never leaving his roost so Mike/Taylor leaving and getting writers with established voices that aren't just graduating from college and won't be as influenced by the current crew is as good of changes as we'll get from 247

Taylor must have gotten drunk on memorial day and showed the puppies to her superiors, hence the promotion. 

On 6/1/2023 at 1:14 PM, SydneyCarton said:

I would at least listen to Roach if he had advice for some shitty small town greasy spoon, or if I inexplicably had a desire to eat at a gatti's or cici's pizza, which I know he can navigate to blindly like a salmon that can naturally return to their spawning ground. I bet Ian Boyd's diet consists exclusively of kashii go-lean cereal and prunes. 

Dave South name association, imo. I'm curious if he will re-brand himself as Henry South now that his audience isn't Alabama. 

See but why would you want eating advice there. It would be one thing from the guy fieri types but I guarantee Roach is more of a “has a reserved booth at the Chinese buffet” type

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Do you think Ketch has either the flexibility or the can-do attitude to suck his own dick...?

He eats so much, even his balls are probably fucking obese. Like that episode of South Park big. So yeah, he can probably lick his own nuts. Now excuse me, I need to go bleach my eyeballs and my brain. 

• Drool 1

I was listening to XM84 this morning during Full Ride with Childers and Neuheisel. I normally like listening to them, even though Childers is a nauseating honk about the SEC and is constantly talking shit about Texas. Today, however, as they do on a semi-weekly basis, they had Mike Farrell on. They have that know-nothing dipshit on for multiple sections every time he comes on.

Farrell hired or managed Childers at Rivals and Childers is always fawning all over him. Farrell got fired at Rivals because he pushed hard to get further involved with offering hawt takes on college football versus focusing on recruiting. Allegedly, their recruiting user/sub activity went up and their football user/sub activity went down as Farrell went from recruiting over to football. 

Anyway, on today's show, and I caught like 10 minutes between house and office, Farrell shilled for 3 different jobs that he was interested in while on the air. He sounded like he was getting flat out desperate. It was fulfilling to listen to, given his condescending, arrogant, ignorant presence in the recruiting world over the past 15+ years. Go get a job at Home Depot, you stiff.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I was listening to XM84 this morning during Full Ride with Childers and Neuheisel. I normally like listening to them, even though Childers is a nauseating honk about the SEC and is constantly talking shit about Texas. Today, however, as they do on a semi-weekly basis, they had Mike Farrell on. They have that know-nothing dipshit on for multiple sections every time he comes on.

Farrell hired or managed Childers at Rivals and Childers is always fawning all over him. Farrell got fired at Rivals because he pushed hard to get further involved with offering hawt takes on college football versus focusing on recruiting. Allegedly, their recruiting user/sub activity went up and their football user/sub activity went down as Farrell went from recruiting over to football. 

Anyway, on today's show, and I caught like 10 minutes between house and office, Farrell shilled for 3 different jobs that he was interested in while on the air. He sounded like he was getting flat out desperate. It was fulfilling to listen to, given his condescending, arrogant, ignorant presence in the recruiting world over the past 15+ years. Go get a job at Home Depot, you stiff.

i was listening to it earlier today too..  He brought up who had more pressure..Jimbo or Tucker.. Rick called him out for him saying it was Tucker.. Farrell was defending Jimbo over and over... wonder if Billy has a spot for him at texags?

On 6/1/2023 at 11:14 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Henry South-West

On 6/8/2023 at 3:17 PM, SydneyCarton said:

He eats so much, even his balls are probably fucking obese. Like that episode of South Park big. So yeah, he can probably lick his own nuts. Now excuse me, I need to go bleach my eyeballs and my brain. 

NSFW

Spoiler

South Park Season 14 Episode 3: "Medicinal Fried Chicken" Quotes - TV  Fanatic

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

just want to rant on ari wasserman.. he did a pod where they would pitch which teams to get behind in '24 (SC, UCLA,ou and UT)..  he continues to bang the tired old narrative that there are too many hands in the pot at UT.. with staples ad libbing in agreement in the background..  Can't wait til we Mike Tyson his aggys over and over the next 100 years as always..

Edited by Thiefery

On 6/25/2023 at 2:09 PM, Thiefery said:

just want to rant on ari wasserman.. he did a pod where they would pitch which teams to get behind in '24 (SC, UCLA,ou and UT)..  he continues to bang the tired old narrative that there are too many hands in the pot at UT.. with staples ad libbing in agreement in the background..  Can't wait til we Mike Tyson his aggys over and over the next 100 years as always..

Wasserman is an Arizona grad, and pro suckeyes

Screenshot_20230626-191916_kindlephoto-9735244.png.4e65bc98ebeea08af9026da8ac1b8446.png

• Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

🚂🚂🚂  aggy $9.95er hype train... 

" clickety-clack... clickety-clack "

Phil Steele explains why he's 'high' on Texas A&M entering 2023

I haven't watched it. Is it because he hung out with some of the players while they skip classes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Don't Worry About the Numbers...  😋

NCAA increases official visits to 70, extends removal of signing limit

Programs will be able to host, and sign, more recruits over the next year -- and likely longer.

ZACH BARNETT     JUN 30, 2023

Remember, kids, just because you can doesn't mean you have to. 

The Division I Council on Friday approved a proposal from the Football Oversight Committee to increase the number of allowed official visitors from 56 to 70. The increase comes on a trial basis, for now, for a 1-year period beginning April 1, 2023.

The change comes hand-in-hand with the Council removing the limit on official visits that recruits can take. Players are still limited to one visit per school, unless that school undergoes a head coaching change. 

Additionally, the Council extended the waiver removing the initial counter limit for Division I football programs, which now lasts through the 2024-25 athletic year, according to Sports Illustrated. Programs are permitted to sign as many players as they want, provided they remain at or under the 85-man scholarship limit (or 63 for FCS schools). The change was initially made last May for a 2-year period. This extension continues the experiment for another season. 

The 25-man initial counter limit came about in the early part of the previous decade in an attempt to curb the practice of oversigning. Ole Miss infamously signed 37 recruits in 2009, but Houston Nutt's Rebels weren't the only school to sign more players than they had room for. 

A decade-plus later, though, other rule changes rendered the 25-man rule obsolete. The 1-time waiver exception and the creation of the transfer portal left many schools with more scholarship openings than they could legally fill. What began as a player-fairness measure evolved into a player-safety issue. 

Clearly, the Football Oversight Committee and Division I Council are monitoring the scholarship market to ensure programs can handle this temporary freedom before handing it to them on a permanent basis. 

image.png

I won't miss it. I did enjoy Jeff Howe's Longhorn Notebook.  I'm sure he'll start doing more stuff on the Horns 247 network.

Midday with Trey and BK was the only show I ever truly liked. Then mangement or whoever (Erin Hogan owned the station I think?) broke them up with lineup changes that I never understood.  Maybe the station would have lasted longer if the morning show wasn't such a dud.  I guess Erin Hogan didn't want to replace himself with better talent. He's such milquetoast and Bucky Goldbolt is just old guy who bleats about toughness.

• Hook 'Em 1

I mainly listened to the station in the car. Now that I work from home, I can't think of the last time I tuned in.  The show with Chad was really tediuos with all the talk about music and Chad telling what they had talked about and what they would talk about. He must have got graduate degree in filling time. Boring.

Of course, it can't have helped the station having Texas down in most major men's sports for so long.

Sad that so many people will be looking for jobs in a pretty tough industry.

Brando is a Fuckin' Lsu homer... ridiculous unprovoked rant!!!

6v1wca.gif

Tim Brando gives erroneous rant about Texas, mocks them as contenders

Joey Hickey    July 14, 2023 

Tim Brando has an axe to grind with Texas. Nobody really knows why. Brando continued his strong takes against the Longhorns in a comical and erroneous monologue on the “Crain & Company” podcast.

Included in his wild take, Brando described Texas being favored by Big 12 media as a usual occurrence. In reality, Texas has not been picked to win the conference outright by Big 12 media since 2009. The Longhorns did, in fact, win the Big 12 that season.

The football commentator then said the following of Texas in comparison to last season’s Texas A&M squad.

“I think Texas may well play the role of Texas A&M last year. Because the hype is … through the roof. We’re great, we’re back.”

Nobody in Texas media is suggesting that Texas is back, but that didn’t stop the Fox broadcaster from howling at the moon. He went on to discuss generalities around meddling boosters without mentioning any specifics on what supposed meddling is still going on at Texas. Brando vaguely discussed a problematic culture that will somehow prevent the Longhorns from improving.

Nobody with any discernment has ever mistaken Brando for someone with a finger on the pulse of the Texas football program. Albeit, he was sure to share the decade-old talking point that isn’t applicable to Longhorns football in present-day.

Predicting the Longhorns to fall like last season’s Texas A&M team is far more bold than any other prediction for Texas this offseason. That suggests this roster could fall to 5-7 in Sarkisian’s third season. Then again, perhaps the purported Texas insider knows something that we don’t know.