$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Whenever Burton has people like CDC or the UT Board of Regents Chairman as a guest on a IT video, I just assume these are the people that that Bobby is referring to when he talks about having high-level sources

Do you not have a single ounce of dignity left in your soul that would implore you to quit and disappear?   

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He played a seminal role in building the entire fucking industry. He has a million contacts including tons at and around UT. Just assume he gets data from wherever the hell he wants. 

Now, compare that to the grifter you work for, who did the recruiting equivalent of being born on third base and then claiming that he hit a triple. Ketchum got his sausage-fingered, grubby-handed career handed to him by one guy - Bobby Burton. 

what was the reason why they both dislike each other so much other than the shady shit Ketch has done?

A few years ago Ketch was talking about a trip to Vegas (one where a stripper wanted to see him the next day but he was at a movie and his cell was off), it was like a rivals thing.  He didn't call out bobby by name but you knew he was talking about him and he took a shot at him for being married and having a weird fascination towards asian strippers.

There's some real animosity there for whatever reasons.

IT's YT has exploded....they've passed up OB fairly quickly in subs and views.

OB has a strange spike in their follower count I found interesting. Doesn't seem organic when looking at other trends across the 3 and social media growth. 

Monday July 31 OB has 15.2k subs
Coincidently 
Monday July 31 IT passes OB up with 15.4k subs 
Tuesday Aug 8 OB is up to 16k subs with the abnormal Spike and for the same week IT again passes them without an odd spike at 16.1k subs. 

image.thumb.png.5e86adef2d8e74b2221b601fe1c4d6b4.png

image.png.7e60c8a7411dc2f16dfb5958520d34b2.png

image.thumb.png.482e63d7606a41ad1f41977fd8be7f25.png

image.png.93fd7e1c02bdbec62e4b582fc4792ec6.png

image.thumb.png.9cf734c5c27bd90ffe6938bbe22069d8.png

image.png.99926af2abab2fd47e068ae7ca5e9ec6.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chef Bezos said:

What do y'all think the paid subscribers numbers look like for Horns247, IT, & OB?

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'd imagine OB has the most because it's like AOL, first on the scene and somehow still have 1 million subscribers.

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I have to imagine 247 has lost a ton of subscribers to other sites over the years, especially when Bobby left and popped up at IT.

They just don't pump out enough content and have no youtube/video presence. 

OB has a strange spike in their follower count I found interesting. Doesn't seem organic when looking at other trends across the 3 and social media growth. 

Coincidently 
Tuesday Aug 8 OB is up to 16k subs with the abnormal Spike and for the same week IT again passes them without an odd spike at 16.1k subs. 

Earlier this summer or spring... IT, OB, & Horns247 all did a livestream on the same Friday. The amount of viewers for the Horns247 livestream was abysmal compared to the livestreams from OB & IT that same day. It might be over for them.

• Fuck You 1

Coincidently 

do you think 247 splits that $5 a month evenly or does it mostly go to Chip?

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Earlier this summer or spring... IT, OB, & Horns247 all did a livestream on the same Friday. The amount of viewers for the Horns247 livestream was abysmal compared to the livestreams from OB & IT that same day. It might be over for them.

How long has OB been around?  I bet for OB it must be really weird to see this new IT site come in and eclipse OB in every possible way…content, quality of writing, views, benefit to the UT program…I’m probably missing some other metrics too.

On 8/20/2023 at 10:10 PM, thepop said:

Gerry and Bobby are likable and well plugged in and Ketch is not. It’s a no brainer. 

Geoff Ketchum is why I don’t give Geoff Ketchum $9.95 anymore. 

I miss some of the posters. I don’t miss that dude

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/21/2023 at 1:59 PM, TheMailBox357 said:

Burton confirmed this morning that Rod Babers is officially with IT now & is gonna be doing a lot more content with them. Including something I've been waiting for: Ian Boyd & Babers doing a show discussing X&O's and Strategy. Babers will also do content with Scipio Tex.

Gotta wonder if this will effect Babers' Horns247 Longhorn Blitz podcast with Jeff Howe.

On 8/21/2023 at 2:02 PM, NoName said:

...of course you are a huge Ian Boyd fan.

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

On 8/21/2023 at 3:01 PM, Burt Macklin said:

ron swanson computer GIF

On 8/21/2023 at 3:09 PM, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

So the whole bit will be Boyd asking Babers which guy should slide down to LB from the DB room and which RB should replace him? 

No thanks. 

YEAH... FINALLY!!!

On the debut episode of Football Theory, Rod Babers and Ian Boyd break down the regression of Xavier Worthy, how he can bounce back in 2023 & what routes and concepts work best for X!

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

image.thumb.png.4fdb27f7bbd7b4e74d5c573faf9fa569.png

That's actually pretty impressive.  I'm very curious what the long term goal is here, i.e., as cable viewership declines is it viable to have your own youtube channel that is programmed similarly but can have a niche focus?  Essentially a private Longhorn Network unbound by all the NCAA and Bellmont bullshit. 

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I'm not sure about the live watch-a-longs. I guess maybe it would be interesting go back and watch after the game but I don't see how anyone would want to have that on during a game.

there is a place for it for sure, is it for me? no. but im interested to see where the live viewer counts and post game viewer counts end up.

29 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I'm not sure about the live watch-a-longs. I guess maybe it would be interesting go back and watch after the game but I don't see how anyone would want to have that on during a game.

Playback.tv has gotten a good amount of high profile podcasters/analysts in the NBA world to do so for basketball and I may be out of the loop but it doesn't seem as though the same has happened in football. Feels like it works better for the NBA with the longer season/lower stakes per game.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

I'd probably listen to it live over Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Yesh said:

Is this also where we make fun of the 995 subscribers?  Someone on the IT livestream this morning did a superchat for $50 for the right to ask the question why did Johnathan Gray not make it to the NFL.

I subscribe to IT becuase I like to support Burton and Hamilton. 

The correct answer is that we make fun of stupid people because they're fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1