$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

13 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Oh boy, watching tonight's IT livestream & Nahlin didn't even know what a SuperChat is. After Joe Cook explained to him what a SuperChat is, Nahlin tells the audience to not waste their money on SuperChats & get an IT sub instead. LOL.

Nahlin may have a point there. Last week Bobby Burton's wife gave him a $50 Super Chat to poke fun at him. Afterwards he said the joke's on her because she just gave 20 bucks to YouTube. If YouTube is skimming 40% off the top of those super chats I'd want my customers to spend their money elsewhere too.

That said, Nahlin's a douche.

3 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Nahlin may have a point there. Last week Bobby Burton's wife gave him a $50 Super Chat to poke fun at him. Afterwards he said the joke's on her because she just gave 20 bucks to YouTube. If YouTube is skimming 40% off the top of those super chats I'd want my customers to spend their money elsewhere too.

What's fun is that it's not difficult to have a link for direct donations which create an audio/text alert and then you don't have to worry about YouTube skimming the 40%

8 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

all streaming services except Kick take a bit of the donations/superchats. If YT only takes 40% that is really good. Twitch takes minimum 50%. These can be negotiated to the larger your channel gets. 

It's pretty stupid to tell people not to donate money and etc. It's just an extra revenue stream. 

Yesterday was awesome, but I'll always feel cheated that I didn't get to watch Gerry Hamilton open his presents on Christmas morning.  You rarely get to see someone who cares so much get to watch the pinnacle of what they support and live for. His energy has been missed on OTF. Ruined by stupid contract bs.  If you found him on any of the national shows, link them here.  (CJ is doing great, but I not quite the same of experience that Gerry has)

• Hook 'Em 5

On 12/19/2023 at 11:29 AM, NoName said:

yeah, again. their managing partner is shit and not very good at his job.

i think joe is fine, but that's me and he doesn't bother me.

they start all these videos with "welcome to inside texas football powered by inside texas dot com" which is just terrible. yeah, dumbasses. we are on your channel and clicked on this video. we know who it is.

they brought on additional dudes to help with video but have still not highlighted who they are. their videos don't highlight who is even on the video so if i like the guy on the left in these screenshots below how do i find out who he is or go see more of his content? the prime example of this is that they brought in the holifield guy to help with production (but he's front of camera talent now) who does pretty solid video stuff but haven't put out anything that he's part of the team? all that's out there is his own video?

and since someone needs to call them out directly: wells and ian boyd need to get their shit together on just a basic level video wise. having a bland ass wall as your background in 2023 when you are doing video professionally is embarrassing.

this is bad:

image.png.cfe643bfbbcf04e44f4a9b29fa96ed04.png

this is worse in every possible way:

image.png.c1b3ed9127b4e448634060b3471b1989.png

this is all stuff that the managing partner of a website that's halfway worth a damn does or at least sees.

if you do anything for a living that includes video and you are using that terrible lighting, the potato webcam that is on your laptop and use the worst possible angles - you should stick to writing and let people who give even a tiny bit of a damn about it do that part of things for you.

hey eric, since you appear to need someone to do your job for you:

• go send these guys a halfway decent camera setup
  • go send these guys almost any USB mic (not even a good one!)
  • go send these guys even a $10 ring light from amazon
  • go pay someone $5 on fiverr to make a digital background with the IT logo on it instead of having people shoot videos for your channel that look like it's a hostage video if i mute the audio

just do the absolute minimum so that your videos looks even halfway professional instead of some hacked together show from 2012 that was you screenrecording skype from your parent's basement. you can ask holifield for some product recommendations, he knows his stuff.

...or don't, and keep looking like the unprofessional shitshow that you are and have been for a long time.

look, if your content sucks, at least make sure your video quality is slightly above the absolute minimum of "oh shit, it's spring break 2020, COVID just hit and we have never used zoom before" levels. because that's pretty consistently half of the folks on the videos on your channel.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.a53854e547da8bb72e85d5c50eb5f83c.png

thats the landon holifield on the left and wells

image.thumb.png.b3aaca1b22c9b2703f3e556b14720b6a.png

that's wells and nahlin

image.thumb.png.dd8fa45d2022a1e67a9217b9240c072b.png

holifield and wells

image.thumb.png.59018d93b53c832c24b366fc38e61a65.png

drew kelson and ian boyd, who have no even basic knowledge of each other - Ian asks if Drew has kids "yet" and Drew says he has an 8 year old and a 5 year old lol

image.thumb.png.27f9012406b8591098df6f4c07342b3f.png

joe cook and nahlin

image.thumb.png.0f3a073aca713e9b6152f97469571b16.png

they actually used to put in who they were in the info area of the post and on their videos, for their first one at least but not until they were like a third of the way into their video for some wild reason.

is all of this petty? for sure.

is it all also 100% true? for sure.

just bumping this to show how good of a day yesterday was for OTF and why it was dumb IT didn't stream.

using Social Blade, OTF had the 3rd largest view day in the history of their channel at 64k+ views and today are at another almost 61k+ views and it's 8 am.

for comparison, IT had 18k+ views yesterday and are at 8k+ today.

OTF had more views yesterday at 64k+ than IT has in the history of their channel, which went live 12/9 (62k+)

IT's only video they put out yesterday about Tyanthony Smith has 1.3k views as of right now. OTF's Tyanthony video has 11k

IT not streaming yesterday morning, for any reason, was incredibly stupid and a huge missed opportunity.

• Hook 'Em 1

Do I think Ian Boyd and Scipio Tex mix like oil and water on the EGAT podcasts? Hunnerd percent. 

Do I think Randy Boone is a great Longhorn with lots of insight about baseball? Hunnerd percent. 

Do I think Scipio and EGAT would benefit from any other regular partner besides someone who agrees with Scipio a hunnerd percent of the time and regularly compares Longhorn football to his Yoakum High School experience ? Hunnerd percent. 

Do I still listen to every EGAT episode? Hunnerd percent.

• Haha 1

The Athletic - Recruiting confidential: NIL deals, trolling fan bases and nicest (and most arrogant) coaches

ORLANDO, Fla. — For the second year in a row we caught up with some of the best high school football players in the country at the Under Armour All-America Game’s media day event to tackle a variety of recruiting topics.

We granted them anonymity to gather their insights on NIL, the coaches they liked (and didn’t like) and what rules they would like to see changed.

Did you sign with the school that offered you the best NIL deal? If not, how much did you leave on the table to sign with where you ultimately decided to go?

• It wasn’t a big difference for me in terms of the total package. All the schools offered about $300,000 to $400,000 per year with the ability to earn more.

• I left some money on the table, about $50,000. But I signed with my dream school.

• The dollar figures were similar so NIL wasn’t a priority for me. I’m worried about the big bucks later. My relationship with the coaches, watching them practice and seeing it was really was the biggest factor.

• I had another school offer me the same NIL deal in total, but with a signing bonus. The signing bonus would’ve been basically a really nice car. The NIL deal is like an NFL rookie contract. I had an agent handle it all for me. As soon as NIL came out, my dad was like, “You need an agent.” When schools call, they have the position coach, head coach and the money man from the collective call you. That last guy is the one who talks about NIL with the agent.

• I signed with the team that gave me the best chance to make the NFL, not the most NIL money.

• I didn’t sign with the school who offered me the biggest NIL deal I could’ve gotten, but coming from where I come from, any money I receive from a college is life-changing money.

• I signed completely off the bond I built with coaches. I didn’t start talking about NIL until recently. I’ll be making about $80,000 to $100,000 per year. A couple other schools had similar offers.

• No, I didn’t. I signed with (my school) and they gave me like $90,000. I feel like it’s not really about the money for me and I like (my school). … I want to say (my best offer was about) $200,000. They came in the process late and (my school) was there since my freshman year so it was easy.

• I didn’t sign with the school who offered the biggest deal. In total, it was probably about $300,000 in difference for the three years. Why did I go to the school offering less money? Because in the long run I could go somewhere where I can stay focused — not be distracted — and get on the field right away.

• I signed with the school who offered me the best NIL deal. Other schools threw a lot of big numbers out, but the school I signed with I trusted I’d get the money because I saw other guys got it.

• I left some money on the table. I didn’t bring up NIL until my official visits. One team told me if I committed early and helped bring other guys in, they’d give me $40,000 a month up until I signed. But I didn’t sign with them.

• To be honest, I didn’t. I don’t really look at all that stuff right now. I (chose) the school that, I wouldn’t say showed the best love, but it was a school where I just really liked being around the people and I felt like I could make an impact there. … I’ll get (NIL) later on. I think I’m looking to invest in myself now and then get a bigger bag later on.

• I’m not sure. I didn’t really ask about NIL, money-wise. That wasn’t really on my mind. I knew it was gonna come, but I just wasn’t really concerned about it.

How many calls a day did you get from reporters about your recruitment on average? Did you ever let someone else — a family or friend — do an interview for you because you didn’t want to deal with the media?

• Every time I got an offer, seven to eight different (media sites) who covered those teams reached out. My mom handled a few interviews with text messages if I was in school. But I tried to do them myself.

• Oh, it got so bad I got a new phone. I had a phone just for media. Just straight for that. I changed my number like two, three times. It got overwhelming. I was like, “I’m just gonna get a (new) phone.” It’s like p.m., and you want an interview and I’m coming off a visit and I’m like, “Dang. I just got off the visit.” So I had a new phone for that and then it did get overwhelming. But then once I started building relationships with certain people in the media and in interviews and stuff — you guys are actually cool. Y’all are just asking questions. I’ve just got to get to know you.

• Usually two to three calls a day, and I always did the interviews.

• I did about four or five interviews a day and now I wish I would’ve thought about letting somebody else do it for me.

• I did 10 to 12 interviews a week, and I usually spread them out with two to three a day. My dad taught me that if you take an interview, you do it.

• I didn’t respond to all of them, but it was about six or seven calls/texts a day. In the beginning, I didn’t know how to do them. I had my coach do it. Then, my mom took over. She wasn’t happy with some of the things I was saying.

• It was close to nine or 10 texts/calls a day. I had to do all of them. I just couldn’t let anybody else do it. Didn’t feel right.

• I got between five to six calls/texts a day. It got so bad I started blocking calls. But the people who got through, I dealt with it myself.

• I got at least five a day, and I always handled the interviews.

• Do you really want that number? You want to know the highest (in one day)? Probably around 30. Like say if I would go on a visit or something like that, everybody would ask me, “How was it?” There would be a call before I even get there. There would be a call while I’m there, there would be a call while I’m leaving and there would be a call a couple days after.

Did you partake in any trolling of fan bases with comments on social media for your personal enjoyment? 

• A little bit. I’d put out photos of myself at a school I wasn’t visiting just to see what people might say. There were times I’d put out like statements — like you’d do if you were decommitting — to scare people. You just need to have fun sometimes.

• I loved messing with fan bases. I did that to the school I almost signed with.

• I trolled people indirectly. Usually it was our rival. As far as adding followers, I added teams to my list at times and it worked.

• Yeah. I was trolling (a rival school), like posting stuff saying I was gonna commit there. I was just doing it for fun.

• Me and one of my high school teammates would send out certain hashtags and emojis to get fan bases from other teams on social media riled up. It was more about being bored and wanting to do something to see how people might react.

• A little bit. I did it to the fans of the school I was previously committed to just because I was tired of them. I’d ask them: “How was that flip for you?”

• I dropped a top 10 when I was really only looking at four or five schools. I did it for the followers. I got like 231,000 views for it and picked up followers.

• Every day. To get my followers up? Every day. Gosh. All the emojis, all the question marks, “Is this home?” I was getting all my committed friends to send me messages just so I could reply and be like, “Should I come here?” Follow me up. Follow me up. Follow me up.

Who were the nicest coaches you met during the process — from schools you didn’t sign with?

• Sonny Dykes at TCU and Jim Harbaugh at Michigan. Dykes is a family-oriented coach. I have the utmost respect for coaches from Texas.

• I really liked (Georgia) coach (Kirby) Smart, (ex-defensive backs coach) Fran (Brown). (Miami defensive coordinator Lance) Guidry and (executive director Dennis Smith). Just good people. They talk to you about more than football.

• (Florida’s Billy) Napier is a really good dude. So is (Mike) Norvell at Florida State. Coach (Kirby) Smart is a business guy.

• (SMU’s) Rhett Lashlee. He was the most genuine head coach. You can tell it was the real him. Some coaches like to put a face on during the game and another off the field. He was him on and off the field. That’s actually how he acts and moves.

• (Miami’s) Mario Cristobal and (Penn State’s) James Franklin. It doesn’t have to be just about football with them.

• I would say coach KB. (Keith Bhonapha). He was at Oregon State and now he’s at Michigan State.  He went with the head coach. I think for him, it’s bigger than football. Obviously we’d talk a lot of ball, but he checked in during the holidays just on a day-to-day basis, so I thought that was cool.

• (Ohio State’s) Ryan Day. You feel like you can talk to him about anything.

• (Alabama’s) Nick Saban. He was different than I expected.

• I would have to say coach Matt Moore, the O-line coach from West Virginia. Just the coolest guy, man. He gave grandfather, uncle vibes all the time. He’s a down South guy, so he always had the hospitality. He’s a good person.

• I want to say between (Tennessee’s) coach Heup (Josh Heupel) and (Oregon’s) Dan Lanning. Coach Heup, down to earth guy. … He’s really nice. Off the field, he’s a nice guy. Good person and he actually cares about his players. He knows his players. His players can come to him, and I see that with my own eyes. And then Dan Lanning, not a lot of people know this, I’m not sure, but his wife had cancer. … I feel like just to open up about that — because he knew me for probably about four or five, six, seven months (and) he’s known his wife probably for forever — I don’t know how to say it, but he’s a soft heart.

Who was the weirdest or most arrogant coach you met during the process and why?

• Probably (Colorado’s) Deion (Sanders). It’s all love though. He goes about it in his own unique way. It’s not arrogance — just cockiness.

• (Rutgers’ Greg Schiano) was too robotic.

• Nobody was really arrogant. (Clemson coach Dabo) Swinney isn’t stuck in his ways but doesn’t really want to change much.

• I’d say coach Saban. My mom wasn’t happy with him. We were at a table eating and he acknowledged me, but not my parents. My mom said, “If you’re acknowledging my son, you should acknowledge me.”

• I didn’t like (Nick) Saban. It was just the vibe.

• (Ex-Texas A&M coach) Jimbo Fisher. I watched him in practice. He yelled and cussed at guys too much.

• Fisher and Saban. Talking to Saban felt like talking to a robot. It didn’t feel real.

Which school do you think spent the most money on your visit and why?

• Penn State. I went on an unofficial visit, but it was like an official visit. They picked us up in a Mercedes-Benz truck, took us to the game and gave us a tour, food and the works.

• Michigan had these taco food trucks that were off the chain. I’ll never forget it.

• UCF took us everywhere. We went to a seafood restaurant, went to Topgolf. We did a lot of activities.

• UCLA. We went to dinner a couple times on visits. One time, it was Mother’s Day weekend. They did extra stuff for my mom. That was cool.

• Texas. We had a big recruiting weekend with a Lamborghini and Rolls-Royce out on the field. They took us to a good steak dinner right after.

• Cincinnati. I went to a private dinner after with the head coach.

• Georgia. They’d drive me everywhere and bring me food to my seat during games on my unofficial visits. I went there sometimes just for the free chicken.

• The food was pretty much the same everywhere. Everybody would feed you steak and lobster. Miami had the nicest accommodations, though. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel.

• I would probably say USC, really because it’s just really expensive out in Los Angeles so it’s going to be a lot of money just to get a certain spot or a reservation somewhere.

We heard recruits could make money just for taking an unofficial visit to a school. How many times did you take an unofficial visit just to collect some cash?

• I never accepted any cash.

• I mean there’s probably somewhere between 45 to 50 kids I know who did it. Usually it was around $6,000 to $7,000. You do an interview with this podcast, come down, we’ll pay for your room, your trip, etc.

• I don’t know anybody who did that.

• I don’t know what you’re talking about.

• I did it a couple times. It was less than $1,000 each time.

• I took like five or six unofficials. I didn’t get paid every time.

• I didn’t know you could do that. For real? I wish I would have — I would have been collecting. Oh my gah. I didn’t have that. I wish.

• Nah, not me. I didn’t. But I’m pretty sure it is going on. There’s some crazy stuff going on.

• I have heard that people are getting (paid), but I haven’t really heard of anybody or know anybody that has.

Could you sign with a school if the early signing period is moved up to the end of the summer? Or was there something you learned after summer visits that affected your decision?

• I was committed for 11 months before I signed, but I couldn’t have signed. Even though I was committed, there were still a lot of schools I needed to hear from and visit.

• I could have signed before my senior season.

• I needed to see what happened during my senior season.

• Quarterbacks probably could, but not anybody else.

• They need to keep it in December. There’s always a lot of decommits. Florida had a bunch because people aren’t sure if the head coach is going to be there long.

• I wouldn’t have signed early. You need to see it through to the end to see how much people are willing to offer you.

• I’m the type of guy who will just be like, “When I know, I know.” I don’t want to drag things out. I don’t need the attention. I’m just ready to play football. And then (if you signed earlier), you can get in the playbook early with your coaches. Can’t really do that if you sign later.

• I could’ve signed over the summer. I saw what I needed and knew what I was getting myself into. So, for me, I could’ve done it.

• I don’t think making a final decision in the summer is good. I committed early and felt good about it. But a lot of guys want to see how a team does before they commit or if a coach gets fired.

• I think I was ready. I was ready to get it over with and make it all official.

If you could fix one thing about the recruiting process what would it be and why?

• Coaches should be able to talk to you whenever they offer you in high school. Starting earlier is smarter.

• Having to pay to go anywhere for an official or unofficial. If you’re not within a two- to three-hour driving distance, expenses should always be covered.

• Less calling. Coaches call way too much. Let us be kids and enjoy life.

• Can’t take visits if you’re committed. If you’re locked in and want to take a trip, you can’t do it. That’s one thing I agree with Dabo Swinney about. Don’t lead a school on.

• For me, more money. Definitely more money. For all of recruiting, I would say let the coaches just text players earlier. There’s just random dead periods. That’d be the thing I’d change.

• Bring back the photo shoots. People need to have fun on their visits. I got my chance to do it. I took photos everywhere. But I know other guys that didn’t get a chance to.

go-deeper
GO DEEPER

Why rules to rein in recruiting photo shoots are music to (most) coaches' ears

• I think everything is pretty good. Maybe, you can’t take visits if you’re committed. You have to decommit if you want to go visit elsewhere. But that’s just me. I believe in loyalty.

• I would probably say going to more games. Not necessarily in my area. I went to a lot of games in my area, but I would probably say more games around the country. But I really wasn’t trying to — that’s a lot. I wish I would have, though.

• Being able to be recruited before your junior year. It’s a dumb rule you can’t. I mean as soon as you enter high school that’s when things get real anyway.

• I’ll say this: I wish they could do the rankings based off what you do in an actual game, rather than what you do in a 7-on-7 tournament. At the end of the day, we’re playing football. So I think the best football player should be ranked the highest.

• Hook 'Em 7

Nahlin has an entire thread up on IT basically taking a victory lap claiming how they've killed it lately and all the people who thought they would collapse after Bobby and GH were removed were wrong. I'm sure someone else will come along and post the screenshots. I'm far too lazy to do it. 

He takes some pretty clear shots at GH and Bobby. The two quotes below by Nahlin shed a lot of light into why that change at IT happened. Most people seemed to think it was YT revenue related but clearly there were also issues with the perception of who was providing the information at IT. He probably has a fair point at least in regards to how many people were ready to shovel dirt on their grave. 

"At least 10 stories in 3.5 weeks I was first on that if the relationship hadn't changed people would think I was just over there picking my nose." 

"For far too long we never marketed. We were behind a paywall with no advertising.

This is not my nature but December was a ***** and I read the comments here while knowing how much info and value I have provided that apparently went unnoticed. I took a back seat for the business while others consumed oxygen and appealed to the lowest common denominators.

That's not the case anymore and the last month of reporting should show it never was the case."

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

4 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Nahlin has an entire thread up on IT basically taking a victory lap claiming how they've killed it lately and all the people who thought they would collapse after Bobby and GH were removed were wrong. I'm sure someone else will come along and post the screenshots. I'm far too lazy to do it. 

He takes some pretty clear shots at GH and Bobby. The two quotes below by Nahlin shed a lot of light into why that change at IT happened. Most people seemed to think it was YT revenue related but clearly there were also issues with the perception of who was providing the information at IT. He probably has a fair point at least in regards to how many people were ready to shovel dirt on their grave. 

"At least 10 stories in 3.5 weeks I was first on that if the relationship hadn't changed people would think I was just over there picking my nose." 

"For far too long we never marketed. We were behind a paywall with no advertising.

This is not my nature but December was a ***** and I read the comments here while knowing how much info and value I have provided that apparently went unnoticed. I took a back seat for the business while others consumed oxygen and appealed to the lowest common denominators.

That's not the case anymore and the last month of reporting should show it never was the case."

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Nahlin sucking his own dick isn’t surprising. 

On 12/31/2023 at 6:52 PM, LTtxfan said:

968243251_chrome_image_Apr2020222_30_47PMCDT.png.1966df296fe0cb3d708b92a720c628da.png.86e9f6a4d91d02fd143343eeecfe830e.png

Why is that fat dude hated so much on Surly again?  Lol

I'm 99% sure we crashed his tailgate at the Texas Nebraska B12 title game and he was nice as hell to us.

I shared some brats and he shared his beer

6 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

I'm 99% sure we crashed his tailgate at the Texas Nebraska B12 title game and he was nice as hell to us.

I highly doubt that dude had a fucking tailgate of his own back then, much less the funds to stock one. He’d have been about 25 then, and I don’t believe even working in recruiting or a Texas fan at any point. 

People don’t like him because he’s milquetoast AF and never takes a position or makes a prediction on anything unless it’s food related. He doesn’t even like college football. He’s hesitant to tell you which horizons the sun rises and sets accordingly. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

I don't think he was hated as much as he annoyed. He was extremely milquetoast, incapable of giving a strong opinion, and clearly longed to just cover high school football and build relationships with high school coaches versus anything recruiting related which....makes you a poor recruiting analyst.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Teryor said:

I don't think he was hated as much as he annoyed. He was extremely milquetoast, incapable of giving a strong opinion, and clearly longed to just cover high school football and build relationships with high school coaches versus anything recruiting related which....makes you a poor recruiting analyst.

Who is that guy?

11 hours ago, satyanash said:

At first I thought this was the guy with the really raspy voice and late night sports and gambling talk show and I was wondering how he got involved in this. 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Mike Farrell's genius idea for stopping bowl game opt-outs: Force players opting out to pay back their scholarship and NIL earnings to the university, and bar them from the sidelines 🙄

That’s illegal, Mike. Like trying to fuck underage girls. 

you can’t pay third party money back to an unaffiliated university, because they’re unaffiliated to NIL. Nor can you write contracts that are incentive based…like showing up in the field. Fucking dumb POS. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

On 1/6/2024 at 10:18 PM, HateYouAndMyself said:

• Fuck You 2