$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

17 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Rumor is OTF will be hiring 6th street for the X's and O's pieces. 

Can we get Helobious to do a weekly gambling article? Call it The Constanza Principle Pick'ems

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Viper said:

Can we get Helobious to do a weekly gambling article? Call it The Constanza Principle Pick'ems

lol I saw you already jabbing at bobby about the recruit I think that's about as "edgy" as will be allowed there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, immamac said:

If I wasn't successful in a completely unrelated field professionally and made this my full time job/source of income then Surly would have already crushed everyone and they wouldn't exist anymore. We'd have had beat writers, player correspondents, a media pass, etc. I don't want Surly to be that, I want surly to be what it's always been - a community for people to be able to freely discuss anything they want centered around a core that is Texas Football.

Skipped the humblebrag and went right to the declaration of greatness. 

Sexy Well Done GIF by RTL
Sexy Well Done GIF by RTLSexy Well Done GIF by RTLSexy Well Done GIF by RTL

Edited by Junior Bonner
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, immamac said:

2. This site and discussion is about the Texas Longhorns. It's not about how one of us is any smarter or dumber than the other…

You should make posters pay extra or donate to TOF before they can be immune from being made fun of for the dumb takes they post. 

Kidding aside, exciting stuff and kudos for getting this off the ground.

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

We're all getting banned.

So I can’t tell prople there - even just SECSECSEC people - to lick rancid asshole? 

that place is scary I mean great for content like imma says but I don’t know how to act. Hi, thank you, awesome, thanks, appreciate you, great pick up, he seems great. Is that how I do it?

Edited by troph

14 hours ago, immamac said:

Well I guess it’s time to spill the beans if Monroe already did in his stream. We were going to wait till tomorrow. Yes I’m involved and yes it’s something you should definitely support. 

There are significantly more rules on the ontexasfootball.com site, but we will have a deep community integration. Go there to get the news/scoop, post articles from there here use the player pages from over there here etc etc. the idea for that site is to let people ask questions and get quick unfiltered and de-corporated and non google seo bullshitted news. Just straight news from the source from the guys who are the best in the business. 

No fluff pieces. No clickbait bullshit. Just quick hitter news sometimes as small as a few sentences sometimes stuff that’s worth having a longer form article written.

rules here:

Together these 2 sites and content sources will effectively give anyone who cares about Texas football an outlet and a way to interact with people who share that passion. 

This is bad ass. I don't pay for any $9.95 shit, but if they go that route, especially if Gerry is back, I'll happily pay for a subscription. Surly + OTF is orgasmic. 

IMG_8862.gif

19 hours ago, immamac said:

Well I guess it’s time to spill the beans if Monroe already did in his stream. We were going to wait till tomorrow. Yes I’m involved and yes it’s something you should definitely support. 

There are significantly more rules on the ontexasfootball.com site, but we will have a deep community integration. Go there to get the news/scoop, post articles from there here use the player pages from over there here etc etc. the idea for that site is to let people ask questions and get quick unfiltered and de-corporated and non google seo bullshitted news. Just straight news from the source from the guys who are the best in the business. 

No fluff pieces. No clickbait bullshit. Just quick hitter news sometimes as small as a few sentences sometimes stuff that’s worth having a longer form article written.

rules here:

Together these 2 sites and content sources will effectively give anyone who cares about Texas football an outlet and a way to interact with people who share that passion. 

So we go there to get the news & come here to bitch about it & argue with each other? Or do we bitch first, then go get the news, then come back to update our bitching?  Or, both?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, hook me said:

So we go there to get the news & come here to bitch about it & argue with each other? Or do we bitch first, then go get the news, then come back to update our bitching?  Or, both?

... and r/LonghornNation is just over there in the corner, being weird. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, hook me said:

image.thumb.png.1b2a4ce85e0c21ada9e97c09494e7706.png

New news widget live on the homepage. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, immamac said:

image.thumb.png.1b2a4ce85e0c21ada9e97c09494e7706.png

New news widget live on the homepage. 

Nice! I haven't subscribed to a 9.95 site since leaving 247 a decade ago. But I'll gladly support a Surly/OTF mashup that combines the best of degenerate assholery and real UT information on the web. 

By chance, i caught my first video of Justin Wells and Eric Nahlin yesterday.  Damn, Nahlin still sucks.  He has a face for radio and a voice for silent film.  Justin was tolerable when on with Bobby and Gerry.  He is not a good host and seems out of place in his new role.    

I want Gerry back with Bobby.  That team rocked.  Everyone else can stay away.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Fun little diversion.

Mike Farrell started mikefarrellsports.com (purposely unlinked, fuck that guy) and began advertising that he was apart of the Sports Illustrated network. Seemed silly for all parties, but okay. 

Upon the recent demise of SI, I looked back to see what happened to Farrell, and as it turns out, he was never an SI "brand", but rather pays them to publish on The Arena Group's platform. Like paying shopify to hawk your chachki and calling yourself a shopify brand. So cringy. 

• Haha 2

On 1/23/2024 at 10:37 AM, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Fun little diversion.

Mike Farrell started mikefarrellsports.com (purposely unlinked, fuck that guy) and began advertising that he was apart of the Sports Illustrated network. Seemed silly for all parties, but okay. 

Upon the recent demise of SI, I looked back to see what happened to Farrell, and as it turns out, he was never an SI "brand", but rather pays them to publish on The Arena Group's platform. Like paying shopify to hawk your chachki and calling yourself a shopify brand. So cringy. 

apart?

3 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

As in the former WR coach under Charlie Strong?

i assumed maybe it was the former cowboy DB?

we're both wrong.

https://twitter.com/CoachWilliamsII

image.png.6b67ebd8a542449f9182b54f8eafc5bd.png

dude tweets a LOT

it's some dude who worked as a (low level) staffer for UNLV evidently last year w/ Marion?

dude has been there for 2 full weeks writing articles: https://www.on3.com/user/charliewilliams/

and the Managing Partner at IT still has not found the time to get him added to their Masthead/staff list:

image.png.001e3983ca8d0b931868fb0d724bd367.png

nor have they posted a "here is this guy and why you should listen to him" article as far as I can tell.

the managing partner for IT really is a fucking moron who is terrible at his job (and has been for a long time)

Edited by NoName

So we go over there to say things like:

"That's quite interesting. I believe the Texas coaches saw Jabbar Muhammad in person on his visit and decided to wait for other options"

then come back here to tell the same person:

"You fucking idiot. Of course they never offered Muhammad, they knew Harbaugh was leaving and kept the powder dry for the next chain reaction of coaching change madness. Go fuck yourself"

That seems like a lot of extra work.