$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

14 hours ago, satyanash said:

Mike Farrell's genius idea for stopping bowl game opt-outs: Force players opting out to pay back their scholarship and NIL earnings to the university, and bar them from the sidelines 🙄

Jesus, Mike, do you even understand how the legal system works? Fucking hack, moron, and pussy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Shocking but OB is cutting back on the 9 hours a day of YouTube 

Spoiler

Before I get into the specific of some of the tweaks that we're making to the Orangebloods Live line-up, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the support this football season for the OB Youtube Channel. When we made the move to go live for 9+ hours of daily content on the channel, it was a little bit of a leap of faith because there really weren't any examples for us to follow.

That so many of you have enjoyed and supported the shows means a lot to us. It's food for the soul.

That being said, as we get ready to head into the biggest off-season in the history of Texas football (maybe some hyperbole, but maybe not), we're making a few tweaks to what we're doing. It turns out that less is more in the way of Youtube success. All of the analytical data shows us that 90+ percent of the audience comes nowhere close to listening to the full shows that we're putting together and that the total running time on videos scares off potential viewers because of the sheer viewing-time demands.

We knew much of this was a real possibility going in, but you can't hit home runs if you don't swing the bat and we wanted to swing the bat and see if we could create success with an unprecedented idea. While we feel like what we did this season was a success, the analytics are telling us that we need to make some tweaks.

Therefore, we're moving to a new line-up on Monday. It'll be many of the same shows with shorter running times and a few tweak mixed in. Here's the new Monday thru Friday daytime line-up.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday

9AM - The Old Fashioned (with Anwar Richardson)

12PM - House Divided (with Geoff Ketchum and Chad Hastings)

2pm - Football With Friends (with Alex Dunlap)

4pm - Orangebloods Recruiting Hour (with Geoff Ketchum and Chad Hastings)

9pm - The Outsiders (With Beau Edge, Chance Mock, Chad Hastings and Jason Dick)

Tuesday/Thursday

2pm - The Crapbag (With Chad Hastings)

4pm - The Orangebloods Modcast

Of course, The Outsiders will still run three nights a week at 9PM and we'll continue to look to add new shows to the channel, while increasing our weekend content, but this is where things stand as of this moment.

The 3 things that we want to accomplish are the following:

a. More viewer-friendly content.

b. More Modcasts.

c. More recruiting.

We hope you enjoy the changes.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hide contents

Before I get into the specific of some of the tweaks that we're making to the Orangebloods Live line-up, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the support this football season for the OB Youtube Channel. When we made the move to go live for 9+ hours of daily content on the channel, it was a little bit of a leap of faith because there really weren't any examples for us to follow.

That so many of you have enjoyed and supported the shows means a lot to us. It's food for the soul.

Someone was hungry. 

On 1/12/2024 at 8:51 AM, Hookem2147 said:

Reveal hidden contents

That being said, as we get ready to head into the biggest off-season in the history of Texas football (maybe some hyperbole, but maybe not), we're making a few tweaks to what we're doing. It turns out that less is more in the way of Youtube success. All of the analytical data shows us that 90+ percent of the audience comes nowhere close to listening to the full shows that we're putting together and that the total running time on videos scares off potential viewers because of the sheer viewing-time demands.

We knew much of this was a real possibility going in, but you can't hit home runs if you don't swing the bat and we wanted to swing the bat and see if we could create success with an unprecedented idea. While we feel like what we did this season was a success, the analytics are telling us that we need to make some tweaks.

Therefore, we're moving to a new line-up on Monday. It'll be many of the same shows with shorter running times and a few tweak mixed in. Here's the new Monday thru Friday daytime line-up.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday

2pm - Football With Friends (with Alex Dunlap)

4pm - Orangebloods Recruiting Hour (with Geoff Ketchum and Chad Hastings)

9pm - The Outsiders (With Beau Edge, Chance Mock, Chad Hastings and Jason Dick)

Tuesday/Thursday

2pm - The Crapbag (With Chad Hastings)

4pm - The Orangebloods Modcast

Of course, The Outsiders will still run three nights a week at 9PM and we'll continue to look to add new shows to the channel, while increasing our weekend content, but this is where things stand as of this moment.

The 3 things that we want to accomplish are the following:

a. More viewer-friendly content.

b. More Modcasts.

c. More recruiting.

We hope you enjoy the changes.

Here's a graph of the new OB schedule:

IMG_20240115_133705.thumb.jpg.86381fb2f932dd0065b698805c72689a.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 33

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If I'm reading this right, HOLY SHIT!

SI has largely been an AI-Generated, clickbait-y, content aggregator for the past several years. I'm surprised that they have any staff to fire, TBH

• Hook 'Em 5

I suspect BB just wants to have a message board/article complement to his YouTube channel, which is reverse engineering from the $9.95 site with the video add on. Nice to see he’s apparently partnering in some fashion with immamac. They seemed to be simpatico with much of the Sugar Bowl stuff.  Bobby likes to keep things profanity free, so I’m curious to see how that is handled.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Word on the street is Gerry will come back when the platform for OTF is up and running. OTF created their own board, and it's bare bones but works for now. It's all free content but I expect it to get monetized in the long run, $9.95 and whatnot.

The OTF board, in conjunction with Gerry Hamilton's possible return, bring up an interesting question.

Right now IT has the On3 affiliation and IIRC, Bobby Burton is an investor in on3.

Does OTF end up bumping IT and become the official University of Texas affiliate for on3?

I, for one, would like to see that happen. 

• Like 1

Word on the street is Gerry will come back when the platform for OTF is up and running. OTF created their own board, and it's bare bones but works for now. It's all free content but I expect it to get monetized in the long run, $9.95 and whatnot.

Maybe there is a contract that he needs to fulfill with on3
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If it ends up being a merger down the road whatever it becomes could take over the longhorn internet. Especially if Gerry comes into the fold again 

Seems unlikely. Bobby likes running a "clean" ship, and if they're monetizing, then peoples feelings and being safe spacy will be important. That being said if Immamac will be a figure over there, I'll happily sub there as well. Gerry/Bobby have always been solid.

18 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I was in the third row for that game. Both Rod’s scoop + score and Jamaal’s TD run were toward the same end zone. It was hilarious how much longer it took Rod to cover essentially the same ground. I loved it. That and Chris Whaley’s interception for a TD are high on my list of OU plays. Aaron Williams’ ridiculous INT on the sideline was great, too.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

👀 👀

🤫 🤫

image.thumb.png.7272bdeb352df83ccfca2c4a5e7e827c.png

This has something to do with @texifornia posting so many standalone tweets yesterday, doesn’t it?? If Bobby can’t stomach the Manscaped reads, I’m not sure what he’ll make of us degenerates laying siege to his new site…but I’m pleased to see this anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Well I guess it’s time to spill the beans if Monroe already did in his stream. We were going to wait till tomorrow. Yes I’m involved and yes it’s something you should definitely support. 

There are significantly more rules on the ontexasfootball.com site, but we will have a deep community integration. Go there to get the news/scoop, post articles from there here use the player pages from over there here etc etc. the idea for that site is to let people ask questions and get quick unfiltered and de-corporated and non google seo bullshitted news. Just straight news from the source from the guys who are the best in the business. 

No fluff pieces. No clickbait bullshit. Just quick hitter news sometimes as small as a few sentences sometimes stuff that’s worth having a longer form article written.

rules here:

Together these 2 sites and content sources will effectively give anyone who cares about Texas football an outlet and a way to interact with people who share that passion. 

Big fan of both. Looking forward to it. 🤘

image.jpeg.97c8a4b5b0742f88f545e796eefa9d16.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Texas desperately needs an unofficial spokesman for when national media talks about Texas.  It seems that a lot of other major programs have some sort of front running media for athletics, Eleven Warriors, Mgoblog, Texags, etc. Why Texas instead has to suffer dealing with dumb asses or actively malicious actors like Kirk Bolhs and the AAS always pisses me off. Bobby would make a great Texas spokes person when Finebaum or Pate and any other national media want to talk Texas 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

The OTF board, in conjunction with Gerry Hamilton's possible return, bring up an interesting question.

Right now IT has the On3 affiliation and IIRC, Bobby Burton is an investor in on3.

Does OTF end up bumping IT and become the official University of Texas affiliate for on3?

I, for one, would like to see that happen. 

That would be a fantastic turn of events and a big lol at Nahlin