$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

11 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Agree and not trying to get pedantic but the ad free supported version should really be ad free, not just injected ads but snipped of reads for manscaped or whatever realtor.  Heckuva double-dip to pay AND have to still ad skip.

in content reads are never going to get cut out, those go for such crazy money that it's not really economically feasible to even sell premium and drop those. That's the lifeblood of the revenue for this style of content. 

1 hour ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

YT mobile CarPlay app is terrible.  And unlike you I'm not a dangerous driver fumbling with my phone as I drive.

Bullshit. There's no fumbling. Using the Apple app is way more fumbling as I described. 

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yet you're here posting....wasting your limited time. 

This is time wasting that I enjoy. Wasting my time making an xls of the streaming services so I can pro/con that shit is not. It's $10, and it gives me music. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Well spend 10$ more and get a better service with YT premium

Why? Becuase you think I should? I think you need to subsist entirely on a diet of brain food, go back to school, spend at least 10 more hours per week working on your critical thinking skills, and probably your personal hygeine. But I'm guessing just becuase I think you should do that means you will do that. 

I've never been unable to play a song I wanted on Apple. Good enough. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Why? Becuase you think I should? I think you need to subsist entirely on a diet of brain food, go back to school, spend at least 10 more hours per week working on your critical thinking skills, and probably your personal hygeine. But I'm guessing just becuase I think you should do that means you will do that. 

I've never been unable to play a song I wanted on Apple. Good enough. 

Steve Jobs is dead, you don't have to suck apple so much.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Steve Jobs is dead, you don't have to suck apple so much.

You mistake some kind of brand loyalty or cultish adherence to general laziness. I have shit, it works, its comparably priced, I'm not poor. Why do I give a fuck?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

in content reads are never going to get cut out, those go for such crazy money that it's not really economically feasible to even sell premium and drop those. That's the lifeblood of the revenue for this style of content. 

Are we saying the same thing?  I'm not suggesting dropping those in the free version, only the paid version.  I don't know OTF's model but assume that ad reads are paid based on impressions like most ads?  They get thousands of streams on YT and probably several thousand +++ pod streams too, would moving the reads out of the premium version impact those impressions much?  Guessing my 9.95 is worth more than my ad impressions for reads...?  My frame of reference here is a crime pod my wife subs to, they snip everything in the premium version and make it work.

But, maybe the future is not "pay to get no ads" it's "pay to get fewer ads" ...sigh...Amazon just did that with Prime. :( Kinda feels shitty, like "we're going to enshitten the free product enough to get you to pay, but still keep some shit in the paid version too."

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You tell me? You're the one still here responding to my dumbass?

I've got 5 minutes before my ride to the astros game gets here. What else am I going to do, shop for the same music on a different music service somewhere else?

Edited by SydneyCarton

4 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Are we saying the same thing?  I'm not suggesting dropping those in the free version, only the paid version.  I don't know OTF's model but assume that ad reads are paid based on impressions like most ads?  They get thousands of streams on YT and probably several thousand +++ pod streams too, would moving the reads out of the premium version impact those impressions much?  Guessing my 9.95 is worth more than my ad impressions for reads...?  My frame of reference here is a crime pod my wife subs to, they snip everything in the premium version and make it work.

But, maybe the future is not "pay to get no ads" it's "pay to get fewer ads" ...sigh...Amazon just did that with Prime. :( Kinda feels shitty, like "we're going to enshitten the free product enough to get you to pay, but still keep some shit in the paid version too."

no, there will never ever be a point in time where any podcast of any kind even under a premium subscription drops podcaster read, live in podcast reads of sponsors.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I was hoping Blacklab would come in and threaten a banhammer, but I guess it is $9.95 and these assholes are literally debating money and the various services. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t devolved into shit. My fault for reading it.

Blacklab is probably too busy consoling the loss of Derka.

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I see this has surprisingly devolved into the worst active thread on the board right now. Unsurprisingly, BO&W and SydneyCarton are squarely in the middle of it. 

Happy to report that I instigated it.  This BO&W character is a one-of-a-kind for sure.

42 minutes ago, blacklab said:

He's a better poster than you are

31 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

cry more. At least you never had to go out of your way and give me therapy 

This man deserves a better handle name. JaggyMcJaggerposter would slam and go hard. He’s earned it many times over. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

So, ever noticed Bobby repeats himself ALL THE TIME? What's up with that?

Probably because his target audience is notoriously hard of hearing. Its recorded media so he has to compensate for their lack of "HUH? Whats that sonny?"

• Haha 1

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

Probably because his target audience is notoriously hard of hearing. Its recorded media so he has to compensate for their lack of "HUH? Whats that sonny?"

I was surprised at the age range of listeners who came out yesterday to the HH, of course some were old, but plenty non-olds. Bobby has a gift to talk to people who may absorb information slower or not have the ability to connect the dots on stuff so to speak. 

broadcast bobby and hang out and shoot the shit bobby are two different styles of communication, much like any top tier broadcaster.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

I was surprised at the age range of listeners who came out yesterday to the HH, of course some were old, but plenty non-olds. Bobby has a gift to talk to people who may absorb information slower or not have the ability to connect the dots on stuff so to speak. 

broadcast bobby and hang out and shoot the shit bobby are two different styles of communication, much like any top tier broadcaster.

Bobby is great in person. Glad I was able to meet him at the tailgates this year.

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Was just trolling. I like bobby and gerry. You're right though, the age range is surprising and all encompassing.

there was one really consistent piece of feedback I got yesterday. A LOT of people like OTF because it's SUPER inclusive and there is no sidebar bullshit or drama between the posters. They are there to be fans and get info and interact with the OTF team, not to talk shit or disagree with each other on hot takes. I think by and large they represent the majority of the fanbase, want to stay current, love the horns, but don't necessarily have many of their own opinions - reflects the gen pop well. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, immamac said:

A LOT of people like OTF because it's SUPER inclusive and there is no sidebar bullshit or drama between the posters.

I was actually about to ask if there's a way to block every poster on that site not named Gerry or Bobby. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, immamac said:

there was one really consistent piece of feedback I got yesterday. A LOT of people like OTF because it's SUPER inclusive and there is no sidebar bullshit or drama between the posters. They are there to be fans and get info and interact with the OTF team, not to talk shit or disagree with each other on hot takes. I think by and large they represent the majority of the fanbase, want to stay current, love the horns, but don't necessarily have many of their own opinions - reflects the gen pop well. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.17da053d52dffd1af1221a9cb739416a.png

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I was actually about to ask if there's a way to block every poster on that site not named Gerry or Bobby. 

You don’t find value in every other post being something like, “I think that young man might be able to help us. What do you think Bobby and Gerry?”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

You don’t find value in every other post being something like, “I think that young man might be able to help us. What do you think Bobby and Gerry?”

It's like they're all either eight years old or 108, and are brand new to the internet. 

You don't have to thank Bobby and Gerry for every post they make on their own site. That's a big one people.

Prog%20thumb.JPG

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

That's a great point Red Five, thanks for all that you do to make this place the best place for Longhorn sports information.

Thank you for your posts, Mr. Drummond, I read you every morning when I drink my Folgers Crystals.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I guess that's why I post here.  

On 8/2/2023 at 6:34 PM, LTtxfan said:

More competition for Austin Sports market😋

Last I heard BK was still on radio in Houston...

BK:  "I currently serve as a host of “The Wheelhouse” on ESPN 97.5 & 92.5 in Houston. The show airs weekdays from 3-7 p.m. and covers a broad range of important topics in the world of sports, news and entertainment. "

Hard to believe these guys are still going...

Alright well I went ahead and subbed to OTF

@immamac their premium posts are showing on the home page feed but not on the individual forums like football and 9.95

also if there could be a way to get back to surly from OTF that would be dope but I can see why that might be a nonstarter. Maybe a header button that only shows up for treefiddy members? 

3 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Alright well I went ahead and subbed to OTF

@immamac their premium posts are showing on the home page feed but not on the individual forums like football and 9.95

also if there could be a way to get back to surly from OTF that would be dope but I can see why that might be a nonstarter. Maybe a header button that only shows up for treefiddy members? 

Oh I can probably do that with a menu item.