$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"After missing on De'Anthony Gatson"

It’s a plausible narrative and from what I can tell mostly likely correct. Fat Ketch (also a shit stain) says the same. If you have other facts please share.

Have heard Gatson was higher on draytons rb board as well  

What is clear from the outside is that after the Gatson visit to Austin many had him as a silent commit. Jones told we are full. TCU buddy transfers to USC and Gatson also visits out west. Carrington and USC are all very confident of a recruiting victory and a commitment date is set. Announcement does not go Texas’ way and we immediately bring in Miller for a visit and he commits right after. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

It’s a plausible narrative and from what I can tell mostly likely correct. Fat Ketch (also a shit stain) says the same. If you have other facts please share.

Oh well if Ketch and Wescott said it. Any word from Looch or Finebaum? 

I don't know if anybody specifically knows Drayton's board but it's pretty universal consensus that Miller is a better prospect than Gatson.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

What is clear from the outside is that after the Gatson visit to Austin many had him as a silent commit. Jones told we are full. TCU buddy transfers to USC and Gatson also visits out west. Carrington and USC are all very confident of a recruiting victory and a commitment date is set. Announcement does not go Texas’ way and we immediately bring in Miller for a visit and he commits right after. 

Just on 995 sentiment, the drumbeat on Gatson was pure "are they even going to take his commitment?"

With Miller, he's the top on the boards of most of the SEC and clearly a fucking stud.

Of course, there's a chance they wanted to take a second-tier big back instead of a speed guy like Miller after Citizen didn't seem to hit, but this seems to have worked out all over.

5 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Oh well if Ketch and Wescott said it. Any word from Looch or Finebaum? 

I don't know if anybody specifically knows Drayton's board but it's pretty universal consensus that Miller is a better prospect than Gatson.

Thanks for those facts. 

Wouldn’t bringing Gaston in first and offering and waiting for him to commit before you bring in Miller tell you who is higher on the board?

and to be clear I don’t care one way or the other. Absolutely thrilled with the Miller commit. Just saying that the timeline supports the narrative that Texas /draytons first choice was Gatson. 

5 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Thanks for those facts. 

Wouldn’t bringing Gaston in first and offering and waiting for him to commit before you bring in Miller tell you who is higher on the board?

and to be clear I don’t care one way or the other. Absolutely thrilled with the Miller commit. Just saying that the timeline supports the narrative that Texas /draytons first choice was Gatson. 

Sure, the timeline can support that narrative. It can also support a dozen other narratives, many of which would have Miller being the primary target. 

Narrative being the key word, we don't know enough to know definitively either way. But Westcott is a wet blanket pussy about everything so of course the narrative he chooses to push out after a really talented player commits is the most wet blanket narrative he can grab hold of. 

Not to give Wescott any credit (broken clock), but Gerry confirmed the Gatson stuff, by the way. Someone on the staff (not Drayton) erroneously thought we were getting Gatson and told Sark/Flood he was in. The staff managed to turn around the mistake in an impressive way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

I can’t find exactly what he said but Gerry is certainly a better source than Wescott. Still, from what Machinator said, are you saying that confirms that Gatson was their priority over Miller?

Idk, from the timing of the offers and how long it took to convince Miller to get on campus it feels like that staff mostly moved on from him. They (incorrectly) thought Gatson was in but once that went sideways and they redoubled their efforts and managed to get him on campus. 

That’s just me speculating based too. Maybe in a vacuum they would take Gatson over Miller but that’s just surprising. Either way:

1.  I’m personally happy how it worked out  

2. Westcott is a cunt

9 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

I think it’s pretty clear that had they not been misinformed about Gatson being on board Miller would have never made it in. I’m not sure how that can be interpreted any other way than they prioritized Gatson over Miller. 

yes Westcott is a cunt

Ok, last thing (as long as we agree on #2, because that was the point in the first place). 

I don’t know about this situation specifically but you have to balance a lot of shit in recruiting and a lot of it is outside of your control. If a player is setting their own timeline and you’ve identified him as a take you might have to accept their commitment when you can get it. Maybe that means missing on a different player you’d rather have because you are skeptical about how good your chances are of actually closing once he’s ready. Is that guy good enough to wait on and risk it? What are your options if you let it ride and miss on both of them? There are a lot of moving parts and it’s more complicated than “I took playerA’s verbal in June because he’s the top player on the board”.  

17 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

I’m not sure how that can be interpreted any other way than they prioritized Gatson over Miller. 

Based on $9.95ers and people on here, here's how I believe things stood and events transpire.

Board:

1. Blue

2. Miller

3. Gatson

4. Jones

(Citizen likely in the vicinity of Miller, but let's not worry about him.)

Sequence of events:

1. Blue committed.

2. Conversations stalled with Miller (likely influenced by Bama's professed interest in him, and his not wanting to settle for a "#2 RB" spot at Texas).  

3.  We moved to Gatson, and thought he was jumping on board.

4.  We told Jones we were done (because we had Gatson). 

5. Except we didn't have Gatson;  he committed to USC.

6. So at this point = we had Blue, weren't talking to Miller, had "missed" on Gatson, and had told Jones to move on.

7. So for our second RB spot, we would need to identify #5 on our board.  And there were names being throw around.

8. Meanwhile, Drayton and Sark decided to give it one more shot with Miller.  He was interested.  And here we are.

So ... did we "miss" on Gatson?  Sure.  Did we have Miller rated higher?  Sure.

Q.E.D.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Ok, last thing (as long as we agree on #2, because that was the point in the first place). 

I don’t know about this situation specifically but you have to balance a lot of shit in recruiting and a lot of it is outside of your control. If a player is setting their own timeline and you’ve identified him as a take you might have to accept their commitment when you can get it. Maybe that means missing on a different player you’d rather have because you are skeptical about how good your chances are of actually closing once he’s ready. Is that guy good enough to wait on and risk it? What are your options if you let it ride and miss on both of them? There are a lot of moving parts and it’s more complicated than “I took playerA’s verbal in June because he’s the top player on the board”.  

Based on Miller’s quick acceptance after the visit and a  inside poster on here saying it’s always been Texas #1 for Miller i am convinced we could have had him whenever we wanted. Waiting for Gatson tells me they had him higher. 

in short to your comment, which is generally true, in this case there was no risk of losing miller has t dad wanted him. 

15 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Based on $9.95ers and people on here, here's how I believe things stood and events transpire.

Board:

1. Blue

2. Miller

3. Gatson

4. Jones

Sequence of events:

1. Blue committed.

2. Conversations stalled with Miller (likely influenced by Bama's professed interest in him, and his not wanting to settle for a "#2 RB" spot at Texas).  

6. So at this point = we had Blue, weren't talking to Miller, had "missed" on Gatson, and had told Jones to move on.

7. So for our second RB spot, we would need to identify #5 on our board.  And there were names being throw around.

8. Meanwhile, Drayton and Sark decided to give it one more shot with Miller.  He was interested.  And here we are.

Q.E.D.

Good post and all could be correct. My issue is with point 2. He is obviously fine being rb2 in this class. Also not sure how the Alabama other rb commits play in time wise. But as stated above from another poster in here ( see Miller commit thread) Texas has always been miller’s first choice. 

again we all hate on ketch and other 9.95ers. He is a harm to the program and a total shit head but that doesn’t mean what he is reporting (that they had gatson higher on the board) wrong.

anyway this is my last post on the matter. Appreciate the counter points. 

11 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Based on Miller’s quick acceptance after the visit and a  inside poster on here saying it’s always been Texas #1 for Miller i am convinced we could have had him whenever we wanted. Waiting for Gatson tells me they had him higher. 

in short to your comment, which is generally true, in this case there was no risk of losing miller has t dad wanted him. 

Last sentence is jacked up and can’t edit. 

mean to say - no risk of losing Miller.  Can’t recall if the gibberish after that. 

6 hours ago, Getafix said:

Board:

1. Blue

2. Miller

3. Gatson

4. Jones

Sequence of events:

1. Blue committed.

Q.E.D.

Somewhere in there you need to add Moss committed to Bama on 6/6 as their second RB in the class opening Miller's recruitment backup.

• Hook 'Em 1

All the arguments on Gatson being above Miller on our board to my understanding was Gatson was a different kind of RB. And Miller was too similar to Blue in skill set to be a take at RB2. 

Enter all the wenl got Gatson/ now we don't. We then fall back on the best back available. Which is the higher rated Miller. This might not be best for our RB room toolbox. 

But it's good for optics. Miller is highly rated. Higher than our other options. Both committed,  and not. And he's a Texas kid ,who wanted to go to Texas. 

And with as flaky as Blue appears to be, having the #2 RB in the state committed is a very nice security blanket. 

17 hours ago, Machinator said:

They just lost @texifornia's business

who wants to bet his edit game gets much better now? and On3 gets his scoops?

and he writes like 1x recruiting article per week?

also "a team such as the one that is being assembled at on3"  is exactly what i expect from an LSU student

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Getafix said:

Board:

1. Blue

2. Miller

3. Gatson

4. Jones

Sequence of events:

1. Blue committed.

Q.E.D.

I'm sorry, sir. This is a Wendy's. 

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Gabe from TFB is having a weird troll/cry on Twitter. He's not even from the OU side of thr site.

Gabe has always been insufferable. It’s bad enough having to read his writing.

IT is on the verge of mutiny, subscribers getting restless with the stream of seemingly bad information over there. At least Nahlin and co are handling it with personal accountability and patience. 

Just kidding, they are completely thin skinned and defensive about all of it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

IT is on the verge of mutiny, subscribers getting restless with the stream of seemingly bad information over there. At least Nahlin and co are handling it with personal accountability and patience. 

Just kidding, they are completely thin skinned and defensive about all of it.

I'm sure they'll take a hard look at themselves and not express this in increasingly bitchy writeups over the course of this cycle.

• Haha 4