How Fox News works

retread

I mean that it's just funny that its most of the same posters perseverating on certain good Rus and the very bad Rus for like 6 years ongoing.  Through a whole rollercoaster of disinformation and nonsense than runs multiple arms length, all the while thinking that a little fragile prism of perspective is sufficient for a geopolitical course laid over over millennia+.  

What do you mean, perseverating?
  • Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I mean that it's just funny that its most of the same posters perseverating on certain good Rus and the very bad Rus for like 6 years ongoing.  Through a whole rollercoaster of disinformation and nonsense than runs multiple arms length, all the while thinking that a little fragile prism of perspective is sufficient for a geopolitical course laid over over millennia+.  

You guys are like moths to a flame” says the guy who always promptly swarms to rebut Putin criticism with what-aboutist propaganda.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 6

Unsurprising at all the overall poster overlap with the wide variety of russiagate conspiracies. 

Just step back for half a second and ask yourself if we should tolerate Russian  influence in our backyard same way we expect russia to tolerate our influence on their door step. And the historical distinctions between our backyard and theirs is light years separated. This is not even a serious conversation in geopolitical context. 

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Unsurprising at all the overall poster overlap with the wide variety of russiagate conspiracies. 

Just step back for half a second and ask yourself if we should tolerate Russian  influence in our backyard same way we expect russia to tolerate our influence on their door step. And the historical distinctions between our backyard and theirs is light years separated. This is not even a serious conversation in geopolitical context. 

Did we recently invade Canada, you disingenuous fuckstick? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Tell us another bedtime story about the FISA court.

Most of those "bedtime stories", some of which you dismissed despite probably being more well situated than most to assess (and certainly myself), were proven true. 

Just keep whiffing guys. And maybe spend some time reflecting on why it happened. 

Edited by Anastasis

Most of those "bedtime stories", some of which you dismissed despite probably being more well situated than most to assess, were proven true. 
Just keep whiffing guys. 

I don’t think I dismissed your FISA court complaints.

But go ahead and frame your narrative as you see fit.

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I don’t think I dismissed your FISA court complaints.

Sure you did.  But you were at least one of the few that acknowledged that I was right when the cards showed.  I will grant you that. 

Edited by Anastasis

Sure you did.  But you were at least one of the few that acknowledged that I was right when the cards showed.  I will grant you that. 

Perhaps. I think you’re overreaching to say I dismissed your complaints. I may have disagreed with your take but that’s not the same thing.

But I’ve slept since then and it isn’t really that important to me. (That’s being dismissive btw).
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Perhaps. I think you’re overreaching to say I dismissed your complaints. I may have disagreed with your take but that’s not the same thing.

But I’ve slept since then and it isn’t really that important to me. (That’s being dismissive btw).

I accept that you have acknowledged that I was right, whether disagreement on take or dismissive of complaints, and we don't really need to belabor the point further. 

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Seriously, some of you guys need to consider that worldviews exist that have not been polluted by short memory span media feeds centered on early 21st century American global hegemony.   

What is your take on Russia’s border buildup? What should America’s response should be, if any, and why? Unsullied from America’s prepotent worldview of course 

17 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What is your take on Russia’s border buildup? What should America’s response should be, if any, and why? Unsullied from America’s prepotent worldview of course 

You're getting too much in the weeds man. This is all just a CIA psyops campaign to draw us into another war so the machine can keep moving forward. When we, the cabal, are calling out Tucker and Fox for their odd about face on Russia, it's really the cabal who should be called out for buying into the CIA manufactured hype. 

Next, Ana will be telling us that Xi has every right to take over Taiwan and that a global swing towards autocracy is the way because our democracy supports FISA courts. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What is your take on Russia’s border buildup? What should America’s response should be, if any, and why?

Generally speaking, engagement and diplomacy over sanctions and threats. We've boxed ourselves in and have little real leverage remaining that does not involve threat of violence. Not much help shifting of the public opinion on engagement with Russia given that there are few in the media who are not fully invested in stoking conflict with them.    

Generally speaking, engagement and diplomacy over sanctions and threats. We've boxed ourselves in and have little real leverage remaining that does not involve threat of violence. Not much help shifting of the public opinion on engagement with Russia given that there are few in the media who are not fully invested in stoking conflict with them.    

You were asked what the USA’s response should be. Your response was more Miss Teen South Carolina than Winston Churchill. “Whereas we need engagement and diplomacy over sanctions in the public opinion and media and the Iraq and World Peace…”

I’ll help you. The US has not yielded a strong diplomatic corps with a concrete strategy since the end of the Cold War. We need a bipartisan effort to strengthen and fully commit to develop talent and forge and execute a comprehensive foreign diplomatic strategy.

In the short-term, we need to deliberately cobble together a multi-pronged, multi-lateral response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine. All without escalating the situation.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Is that what we were doing when we were stoking domestic unrest in Ukraine to unseat their government for a more favorable one to our interests.

BuT wHAt aBoUt cAnADa! 

it's really disappointing what has happened to you as a poster. i kind of think you need to take a step back and stop trying to fight everyone, and just put out what you think. everything you do is oppositional. it's tiring, and frankly, it's beneath your intellect. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's really disappointing what has happened to you as a poster. i kind of think you need to take a step back and stop trying to fight everyone, and just put out what you think. everything you do is oppositional. it's tiring, and frankly, it's beneath your intellect. 

It's disappointing what has happened to this board since ca. early 2017. Some of the most right out nonsense uncritically adopted, wallowed around in, and smeared on the walls. Pointing it out along the way makes me oppositional I guess.  

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It's disappointing what has happened to this board since ca. early 2017. Some of the most right out nonsense uncritically adopted, wallowed around in, and smeared on the walls. Pointing it out along the way makes me oppositional I guess.  

13 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Holy shit! I know someone exactly like this!

It’s long past time we stop pretending that Anastasis is anything but a propagandist. The idea that the US exerting influence in Ukraine somehow justifies Russian confiscation of Ukrainian territory is absurd. 

No one doubts that the US influences NATO and affiliate states to its own advantage. No one is forgetting that or ignoring it. The point is: it does not justify Russian military aggression against Ukraine. To argue otherwise requires assuming that Russia has an exclusive right to control or influence Ukraine, which assumes away Ukrainian sovereignty. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You do the best satire.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

It’s long past time we stop pretending that Anastasis is anything but a propagandist.

Pee pee tapes and russian bounties on American soldiers?  Good clean fun!

Recognizing the geopolitical consequences of American foreign policy? Propaganda!

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Generally speaking, I agree with you. Engagement and diplomacy always over sanctions and threats. That being said, historically, Russia laughs at engagement and diplomacy. They do what they want when they want. The only thing that really hurts Russia are low energy prices since they're basically a mob run gas station. Some pundits believe our economic sanctions hurt them in the early teens, but I don't know about that. I don't know if we've boxed yourself in really. Yes, we did Germany a solid on the Nordstream, but Russia was going to finish that not matter what we did. And Germany is a top ally. 

If you're saying the Media is a shill for the war machine or the Gov in general, I can't disagree, but that's doesn't refute the fact that was Tucker is doing is giving Putin cover. If Tucker wants to argue that's it's not our place to stop Russia, Ukraine isn't a real ally, Obama already fucked us with Crimea, fine. I think those arguments are hollow, but they're a shit ton better than Putin is just massing 150K troops at the border for border security because of some false Ukraine action. That's a made up reason to invade and everyone knows it. Tucker repeating the lie is pure idiocy at best. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It’s telling that you pick the year right after this board (technically shaggy) stopped being a right wing obama/Clinton bash fest to point to when you allegedly think it went downhill in discourse. People started pointing out some of your bullshit and it apparently has hurt your feelings. 

Oh and you still don’t understand how warrants work, including the dreaded FISA warrant. 

14 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Pee pee tapes and russian bounties on American soldiers?  Good clean fun!

Recognizing the geopolitical consequences of American foreign policy? Propaganda!

When Russia confiscates territory of another sovereign nation, it’s America’s fault? I’m no hawk and I’m no apologist for US foreign policy interference, but that’s some seriously warped bullshit. 

And no matter how much you focus on ultimately irrelevant rumors, you consistently ignore the actual established facts of Russian propaganda efforts. Instead, you promote them by raising the noise floor to create confusion and doubt. “If the pee-pee tape rumor was wrong, how can we trust any reports of Russian interference in our affairs?” Fuck off with that Psy Ops 101 bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

When Russia confiscates territory of another sovereign nation, it’s America’s fault? I’m no hawk and I’m no apologist for US foreign policy interference, but that’s some seriously warped bullshit. 

I don't think that I would put it that way.  I would frame is more as our foreign policy creates a context that we can use to help understand the actions and foreign policy of other nations. Our interference rarely works out to our benefit in the long run.  For example you can draw a line from US policy wrt Russia during the 1990s, including notably influencing the outcome of Russian elections (Yeltsin), directly to the rise of Putin and his consolidation of power.