NIT Round One: Texas vs. South Dakota State, ESPN, 8 PM

Machinator

With a quick google, south Dakota state has 10,896 students and is located in a town called Brookings.

And they hung tight with a Shaka led university of Texas that has over 10,896 students. And the game was in austin.

I didnt Google their 247 class ranking. But my guess is it wasnt close to shakas class. Only guessing, somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

With a quick google, south Dakota state has 10,896 students and is located in a town called Brookings.

And they hung tight with a Shaka led university of Texas that has over 10,896 students. And the game was in austin.

I didnt Google their 247 class ranking. But my guess is it wasnt close to shakas class. Only guessing, somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong.

Enrollment doesn't have much to do with it when Gonzaga doesn't even have 10,000 students.

But I can assure you that not a single one of their recruits would have been considered "Texas good" out of high school.

• Like 1

Enrollment doesn't have much to do with it when Gonzaga doesn't even have 10,000 students.
But I can assure you that not a single one of their recruits would have been considered "Texas good" out of high school.

Truth. Duke with basketball, miami over the years with football, etc. But your 2nd paragraph was sort of my point. As well as their location.

Brian Davis.....  WHO’S NEXT?

"Texas will meet the winner of the Xavier-Toledo game, which is scheduled for 7 p.m. Wednesday in Cincinnati. The NIT has not schedule the exact date and time, however UT officials think it will be either Saturday or Sunday. Since Texas is the higher seed in the NIT bracket, the Horns are likely to host."

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

"Texas will meet the winner of the Xavier-Toledo game, which is scheduled for 7 p.m. Wednesday in Cincinnati. The NIT has not schedule the exact date and time, however UT officials think it will be either Saturday or Sunday. Since Texas is the higher seed in the NIT bracket, the Horns are likely to host."

What a worthless clusterfuck of a tournament.

I mean ... one down, four more to go!! Let's keep this Shaka Train rollin'! Woo woo!

10 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I went from attending 80% or more of our home games for more than 25 years to canceling my season tickets after Shaka's second season. I haven't been to a game in years. I'll be there tonight, row two across form the UT bench, using my incredible mentalist powers to convince Shaka that he really doesn't want to work here anymore. The entire goal is to have Shaka's inner monologue saying this to him by the end of the night.

oh yeah for real, if you didn't click on that link you need to do so. one of the absolute funniest things i've ever seen. most of you are already probably familiar with it, and it's always worth a watch. i don't want to spoil it for you though. just click it already ya jabroni.

7 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I fell asleep watching this abortion and woke up to see the final minute or so.

Amazing how many of our possessions in this game where the ball never went inside the 3-point line.

that's what my dad and i kept commenting on. how many possessions where everyone just stood on one spot, and then Ramey would just pass it back and forth a couple of times until one of hem eventually hoisted up a three. and then even while the ball was in the air *nobody* would move from his spot to go for a rebound! we commented early on, "Wow, this team (SDSU) cannot rebound, they are only getting one shot every time down the floor", only to look up later and see that they were out-rebounding us 34-28. Unreal.