Rob Gronkowski retires from football

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

How many super bowls was gronk injured for

how many playoff games did NE get to play at home because of their regular season record? their streak of 12 division titles in 13 years or whatever it is is about to get broken up with the quickness. 

13 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

that'll just about do it for the Pats. 

O/U on titles for Belichick and Brady from here on out: 0.5

I’ll believe it when I see it. Gronk was a non factor this year. Plus they play in a division with 3 incompetent teams, so I’m going to have to see them get dethroned before I start believing that. They’ll win at least 11 games and probably have a first round bye for as long as Brady and Bellicheck are there. As soon as one of them two leaves, I’ll start believing you.

Great player, but lulz at the thought that Belichek wont be able to bring another guy in. They wont be as strong as they were at the TE position, and it wont slow them down a bit. Until Brady starts to significantly decline, the Pat's will continue to drag their nuts across the collective face of the NFL.

lol @ all of the people here acting like this doesn't matter.

4688a192b8b15a1e43cbac914263955d.jpg

aside from what Gronk does stats-wise he also makes everything easier for everyone around him with the attention he draws. the Pats are not the same without him, and will not just be able to plug and replace him.

and lol @ everyone who said that he made no impact this year. he was instrumental in their super bowl win, or do you not remember how every single big play NE made down the stretch was a pass over the middle to whichever one of Gronk/Edelman wasn't double covered? this is a huge loss for the Pats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

how many playoff games did NE get to play at home because of their regular season record? their streak of 12 division titles in 13 years or whatever it is is about to get broken up with the quickness. 

By whom??? The Bills? The Dolphins? Maybe you could argue the Jets, but that’s quite a leap to make. NE will win the AFC East again next year.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

There's a huge difference between not being Super Bowl favorites and not winning the putrid AFC East.

Edited by Machinator

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

There's a huge difference between not being Super Bowl favorites and not winning the putrid AFC East.

part of them being Super Bowl favorites is often them getting home field advantage for a game if not throughout the playoffs. and Brady is only getting older. If Gronk doesn't play another down for them I say their dynasty is over. he's the one position player they've had who's irreplaceable. he just opens everything up for everyone else with his mere presence. they're a different team without him.

Edited by Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

part of them being Super Bowl favorites is often them getting home field advantage for a game if not throughout the playoffs. and Brady is only getting older. If Gronk doesn't play another down for them I say their dynasty is over. he's the one position player they've had who's irreplaceable. he just opens everything up for everyone else with his mere presence. they're a different team without him.

OK, I'm not disputing that.

I'm saying they're still going to win the AFC East, and their vicehold on that division isn't over as long as Belichick is there and Brady is healthy.

7 minutes ago, Hate said:

By whom??? The Bills? The Dolphins? Maybe you could argue the Jets, but that’s quite a leap to make. NE will win the AFC East again next year.

best bad season. is so far away right now. what were people saying this time last year about the Bears? Did anyone think they would be Super Bowl contenders? Nope. What about the Jags. who are the exact inverse of the Bears? Or how about the Browns? Who saw that coming?

Look, I basically only follow the NFL because i play fantasy, so i'n not the one to tell you who's going to be great and who's going to suck next year, but I can tell you that the Pats aren't the same animal without Gronk. This could be like Tiger after the sex scandal.  Nobody is afraid of them anymore, and they're no longer physically/mentally what they used to be. This is a big blow to NE.

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

OK, I'm not disputing that.

I'm saying they're still going to win the AFC East, and their vicehold on that division isn't over as long as Belichick is there and Brady is healthy.

that's the take that makes the most sense right now, but i'll refer to to my previous post- what we think about the teams now and what they actually become next fall/winter won't necessarily be in alignment at the end of the day. but what I do feel confident in saying is that this is a big enough blow to do real damage to NE. Gronk's mere presence could help mask a lot of their offensive weaknesses. Now Brady no longer has his favorite target; now injuries to other guys hurt more; now divisional rivals have more legit hope and belief than ever the they can topple NE, who already struggled and looked vulnerable last season. i can't tell you exactly how it will play out, but i do not like the Pats as Super Bowl contenders going forward.

Edited by Goo Punch

Through 2017 the Pats were 20-5 without Gronk. That was the best link I could find and I’m too lazy to see how many games he missed in 2018 and what their record was. Will the be as great? Probably not. Will they win the division and go to the playoffs assuming Brady is healthy? Yes.

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

that's the take that makes the most sense right now, but i'll refer to to my previous post- what we think about the teams now and what they actually become next fall/winter won't necessarily be in alignment at the end of the day. but what I do feel confident in saying is that this is a big enough blow to do real damage to NE. Gronk's mere presence could help mask a lot of their offensive weaknesses. Now Brady no longer has his favorite target; now injuries to other guys hurt more; now divisional rivals have more legit hope and belief than ever the they can topple NE, who already struggled and looked vulnerable last season. i can't tell you exactly how it will play out, but i do not like the Pats as Super Bowl contenders going forward.

The biggest threat to the pats is the jets. The jets are coached by Adam fucking Gase. Then you have the dolphins, a team who is openly tanking, and the bills (no further explanation needed). This team is winning the afc east and they’ll have 11 wins minimum. If you wanna say they’ve come back to the pack a little bit (in regards to the rest of the afc) I would agree with you. But that was before Gronk retired, since gronk was a shell of himself last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The biggest threat to the pats is the jets. The jets are coached by Adam fucking Gase. Then you have the dolphins, a team who is openly tanking, and the bills (no further explanation needed). This team is winning the afc east and they’ll have 11 wins minimum. If you wanna say they’ve come back to the pack a little bit (in regards to the rest of the afc) I would agree with you. But that was before Gronk retired, since gronk was a shell of himself last year.

like i said, look at how far teams like the Bears and Browns have come since this time last year. the NFL is constantly in flux, and the Pats have been the exception to that rule. I say they no longer are. 

58 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Division titles? They could win the AFC East  if every player had a broken arm. AFC East is utter junk.

Just now, Goo Punch said:

like i said, look at how far teams like the Bears and Browns have come since this time last year. the NFL is constantly in flux, and the Pats have been the exception to that rule. I say they no longer are. 

You might he right, but IMO, a big part of the reason for the pats dominance is the fact that the rest of the division is incompetent. Think about who the best starting qb has been in that division outside of Tom Brady. Chad Pennington for a year? Mark Sanchez (seriously)? Ryan Tannahill or Ryan Fitzpatrick? I know the browns are the browns, but John Dorsey at least has a track record for building elite rosters. 

3 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

The guy generated very few fantasy points for me last year. He should retire 

My first thought was the impact on the fantasy draft and how some dumbass always picks Gronk in the top 15 or so picks.

How could anyone hate Gronk?

He lived the fucking dream 98% of us only dreamed about...and the other 2% were dreaming of apple stock or some shit.

Edited by slorch