2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

While i agree that CC is injury prone, I laugh at those here comparing physical demands of their everyday life to those of a professional athlete. The vast majority of posters here would pull a hammy on their first full out 40 yard dash. 

I mean, we could also compare him to a SS with a similar body type who played in Baltimore...

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

While i agree that CC is injury prone, I laugh at those here comparing physical demands of their everyday life to those of a professional athlete. The vast majority of posters here would pull a hammy on their first full out 40 yard dash. 

if he injured himself playing baseball, you’d have a more convincing argument. that’s the whole point. 

i just don't understand how this happens to finely tuned athletes, assuming that's what this is.
i spent several years living on a fucking bus.  slept in weird places.  was drunk (or more) most of the time.  i fell down the stairs more than once.  i jumped out of a window.  i was as reckless and irresponsible as one could be while working.
and i barely got a scratch, much less a pulled muscle or broken bone.
Can you play second base?

12 minutes ago, APMP said:
48 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:
i just don't understand how this happens to finely tuned athletes, assuming that's what this is.
i spent several years living on a fucking bus.  slept in weird places.  was drunk (or more) most of the time.  i fell down the stairs more than once.  i jumped out of a window.  i was as reckless and irresponsible as one could be while working.

i'm a great clubhouse guy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I was buttfucking my fiancé in the shower and slipped and fell.  I'm not sure I'd categorize that as embarrassing.  

when you come out of the closet it's best to come all the way out.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I was buttfucking my fiancé in the shower and slipped and fell.  I'm not sure I'd categorize that as embarrassing.  

11 minutes ago, elfenix said:

when you come out of the closet it's best to come all the way out.

Never has an e been so important. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, APMP said:
1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

Read more  

I can 

1 hour ago, HoustonFrog said:

How can all these guys get hurt but White, the most out of shape, is totally fine?

Same reason Kirk Johnson can't stay healthy, too. You need some fat to absorb and insulate the muscles. Over training is a big issue in sports. Baseball has a real problem right now with all the injuries.

“I sustained the rib fracture from a 9i to my rib cage from my fiancée during a massage from someone other than my fiancée at my home on Tuesday. To sustain an injury in such an unusual way makes it even more frustrating. However, I will work hard to get back on the field as quickly as possible to help our team...”

He couldn’t come up with a better story than that? He’s a good player, but overrated and obviously injury prone. Hopefully we can trade him at some point and get something in return. He’s got New York Yankee written all over him, so he probably won’t re-sign with the Astros anyway.