2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Yo hypothetically when its time for Correa's extension, what if we have to choose between keeping Correa and losing Alvarez or letting Correa walk and keeping Alvarez. I would be torn they both have great potential but I want to see how Alvarez's health holds up over a couple of full seasons. We have a lot of star players to pay coming up and I don't know if we can keep em all.

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Yo hypothetically when its time for Correa's extension, what if we have to choose between keeping Correa and losing Alvarez or letting Correa walk and keeping Alvarez. I would be torn they both have great potential but I want to see how Alvarez's health holds up over a couple of full seasons. We have a lot of star players to pay coming up and I don't know if we can keep em all.

That really shouldn’t be an issue. They are on such different time frames.  

29 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hinch and the vets have done a great job of keeping this clubhouse loose during these trying times 

Your version of trying times is very different from mine. Yes there have been injuries, but I would only consider it trying if there is like a 4 loss streak. 

4 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Need to get bags, puma and biggio to call a game. Just them .

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing earlier this week when Berkman was doing one of the games.

Biggio would do play by play because he would take the whole thing seriously and his Type A personality would kick in.

Berkman would be the goofy color commentator with lots of stories.

Bagwell would sit back and rag on both of them the whole time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

At some point good pitching will figure out alvarez weak spots. In the meantime I’m enjoying him crushing the hell out of mistakes. He is dialed in right now

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Opposing pitchers already know the weak spot but it's not easy to bust him with hard stuff inside and hit the high corner. His plate discipline is too good, which is why I expect him to generate a ton of walks in this lineup when he's not crushing bombs. 

Starting pitchers normally throw on their second or third off day in between starts. 

I wonder if it is possible for Alvarez to get some batting practice from Verlander and Cole?

I was thinking the same thing earlier this week when Berkman was doing one of the games.
Biggio would do play by play because he would take the whole thing seriously and his Type A personality would kick in.
Berkman would be the goofy color commentator with lots of stories.
Bagwell would sit back and rag on both of them the whole time.
Itd be must see tv. Almost do a split screen. Camera in the booth at all times. Heck maybe even add playoffs sparky in there to

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That bottom of the order is not ideal.

7 through 9:

4 doubles, 4 runs, 4 RBI

Considering Framber started in AAA this year, it’s not unreasonable to say a AAA team beat the Blue Jays today.

And tomorrow, they get to face their old teammate. I know Trent would much rather be where he is now than blocked in Round Rock, but I can’t imagine he’s all that thrilled about tomorrow

Im somewhat worried about McHugh. He’s a huge part of a dominating bp for us 

He needs to accept that he’s not a starter for the Stros and go kick ass in the bullpen.

As a starter I’m tired of seeing him pitch really really well except for that one blow up inning that puts the team in a big hole.

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Also, I’m not sold on madbum. Declining numbers and potential locker room issues

in the end, I’ll trust the hinch / strom / lunhow evaluation of him 

I guess it depends on what you have to pay. Assuming that neither Whitley nor Tucker are included (and they wouldn't be), Bumgarner seems like an addition that would help. His K and BB numbers are in line with his career norms, as is his velocity. His HR/FB is up this year, along with pretty much everyone else. He seems OK to me. 

1 hour ago, Scraps said:
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:
Also, I’m not sold on madbum. Declining numbers and potential locker room issues
in the end, I’ll trust the hinch / strom / lunhow evaluation of him 

Max or Grienke is who I want, but Grienke would probably be tough

I mean yeah, Scherzer is the best pitcher in MLB, and you'd have him for the next two seasons too. But (a) I doubt Washington will trade him, and (b) he'd cost a shitload.