2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, DaysOff said:
3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:
Yes.  And yes.  You cannot count on Correa.  I mean he’s cheap now and we should keep him until he’s a free agent.  But he’s a pussy.  Always a hangnail. 

Can you imagine Biggio's eyerolls right now.

I’ve spent a fair amount of time around Biggio and those guys from late 90s and early to mid 00s Astros.  I can imagine what he’s thinking.  He and Bagwell sat if there was a broken bone or torn ligament.  

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’ve spent a fair amount of time around Biggio and those guys from late 90s and early to mid 00s Astros.  I can imagine what he’s thinking.  He and Bagwell sat if there was a broken bone or torn ligament.  

Would be a lot cooler if they could show off a ring or two while scoffing at Correa.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Would be a lot cooler if they could show off a ring or two while scoffing at Correa.   

Correa could scoff at them and brag about his ring maybe if he wasn’t probably the 7th or 8th best player on this team.  

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Fuck You 1

Correa out of the game.  The dipshittery of putting Diaz on the dl may really hurt us if he's out for awhile.

Man, this motherfucking shit right here.

Way too early to speculate on Correa but dammit if he and Diaz cant stay healthy at the same time.

Right about now really wishing someone besides a fucking 22 yo (Tucker) had the brilliant idea before June of getting him some work in at 1B.

Correa’s injury proneness is going to cost him 9 figures in future earnings. I like him as a player, when healthy, but I don’t know how you can commit to him. What amount and length of an extension, if any, would you consider fair?

0-$0 for Mr. 1-1

But seriously, that’s a good question and will be interesting to see who bites and for how much when he plays 145 games in his FA year

23 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Correa is always hurt.  You can’t count on him. Biggio and Bagwell answered the bell every night unless something was broken or torn.  

Altuve played most of last year on one leg.  

Any chance you can use your connections to get the equipment guy to sub Glass Joe for Showrea on the back of his jersey for next year's players weekend?

Just now, IDIOTsavant said:

Any chance you can use your connections to get the equipment guy to sub Glass Joe for Showrea on the back of his jersey for next year's players weekend?

My connections ended at the ownership change.  Have none now.  I certainly love the new regime though.  Drayton pulled a Mack Brown on the way out.