2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

18 hours ago, Gourmand said:

A week ago I would have answered differently but I am increasingly pessimistic we make any trade to address the starting rotation. If there's any room to criticize our front office, it's probably ego and self-assurance getting in the way of potential trades involving our highest-ranked prospects. 

I don't think Luhnow's the kind of GM who goes all in. I think he's the guy who would rather have a deep farm system and be competitive every year and not risk losing his most coveted unproven prospects for the chance of winning another WS this year. He thinks he can win a World Series with this roster and doesn't feel the urgency we fans feel about this starting rotation. 

I hope I am proven wrong by 3pm tomorrow.

tenor.gif?itemid=4809231

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Something everyone is overlooking, the Astros lost a shit ton of future revenue in future ‘Beer’ jersey sales.

Went from heart pounding for hours with anxiety to the sweet feeling of winning the trade deadline with the best team in baseball. FUCK YES!!

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4809231

You're a good man. I used to think Crane was a tool back during the CSN Houston carriage debacle days and him having a $14 million payroll one year when we sucked hard. Admitting mistakes is the first step.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

Astros were at 39 for the 40 man, and are losing Fisher, so down to 38. Corbin Martin was also on the 40 so down to 37. Stassi is traded as well, down to 36. Adding 4 in the moves today so 40 man is set without any more moves.

As far as the 25 man roster goes, Urquidy is likely being sent down. Maldanado replaces Stassi. Means two more players are going to be sent down. Sneed is 1, then I guess goes Straw get sent down until rosters expand. I doubt Devenski is being sent down.

33 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

So where does the 25 man stand after all of this... I can’t keep up

Add:
grienke
Sanchez
Biagini
Maldonado

Lose:
Stassi
Pressly (IL)
???
???

I’m not even going to think about the 40 man...

30 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Probably drop Sneed and Rondon?

Sneed and Urquidy

Not sure what the move is when Pressly comes back

Edited by WBT

21 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Something everyone is overlooking, the Astros lost a shit ton of future revenue in future ‘Beer’ jersey sales.

I bet Luhnow didn’t overlook it. I’m sure that was another bullet point for Arizona to consider on his offer. From what I’ve seen, he doesn’t miss much. 😁

You're a good man. I used to think Crane was a tool back during the CSN Houston carriage debacle days and him having a $14 million payroll one year when we sucked hard. Admitting mistakes is the first step.

Comcast are the ones who fucked up the network. The Astros and Rockets (actually Les kept the claim after the sale) still have a lawsuit pending against Comcast in bankruptcy court.

25 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

Comcast are the ones who fucked up the network. The Astros and Rockets (actually Les kept the claim after the sale) still have a lawsuit pending against Comcast in bankruptcy court.

It’s too bad. CSN Houston had a lot of good content and talent like Jesse Palmer and Leila Rahimi. ATTSW is a bare bones operation in comparison.

Astros were at 39 for the 40 man, and are losing Fisher, so down to 38. Corbin Martin was also on the 40 so down to 37. Stassi is traded as well, down to 36. Adding 4 in the moves today so 40 man is set without any more moves.
As far as the 25 man roster goes, Urquidy is likely being sent down. Maldanado replaces Stassi. Means two more players are going to be sent down. Sneed is 1, then I guess goes Straw get sent down until rosters expand. I doubt Devenski is being sent down.

Thanks for the 40 man breakdown. As for the 25 man, we have 2 off days next week so we’ll probably go with a 12 man staff. The 3 new pitchers should replace Sneed, Urquidy and Abreu. Straw might go down once Pressly comes off the IL