2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

37 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Don’ denigrate the #Legend with that nonsense. Those fucks were roid/cork phonies.

I expected that might get this reaction, but regardless of what you think of those guys (and I share those feelings to a degree), they were crazy impressive sluggers in their primes. Sosa was juicing no doy but goddamn could he make a baseball travel a long way. Every ball Yordan barrels up is reminiscent to me of Sosa, and I mean that in the majestic sense and not the knee-jerk PED reactionary politics of  baseball history. 

Yordan has the power of Sosa with the plate discipline of Pujols. He is quite possibly on track to be the Greatest Astros Slugger ever and could win multiple MVPs imo,

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I expected that might get this reaction, but regardless of what you think of those guys (and I share those feelings to a degree), they were crazy impressive sluggers in their primes. Sosa was juicing no doy but goddamn could he make a baseball travel a long way. Every ball Yordan barrels up is reminiscent to me of Sosa, and I mean that in the majestic sense and not the knee-jerk PED reactionary politics of  baseball history. 

Yordan has the power of Sosa with the plate discipline of Pujols. He is quite possibly on track to be the Greatest Astros Slugger ever and could win multiple MVPs imo,

I agree with everything in this post with the exception of comparing Sosa’s power to Yordan’s. Even with roids or cork, no.

Yordan could use Sammy for a bat.

To be honest, I find it hard to believe you brought that douche up after what is known about him. He should be wiped off the records.

Edited by Wishbone

16 minutes ago, pwinger said:

I couldn't watch or listen to the game, so I only have the box score to review....but how do you only have 2 subs with a final score of 23-2?

Don't they only have a 3 man bench right now? If so that would just mean Chirinos didn't come in. 

21 minutes ago, pwinger said:

I couldn't watch or listen to the game, so I only have the box score to review....but how do you only have 2 subs with a final score of 23-2?

If I were a player, no way I would want to be subbed for.

Maybe they should have let Greinke DH, though.  Kept it in the mid teens.

44 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Can you imagine if we played the Orioles as much as the yankees? Hell even the blue jays.

Today will be a squeaker because baseball gonna baseball

yes, I was listening to Bowden on Sirius earlier this week, and he was talking about how the Astros were going to have the best record because the Yankees have a better division. I was thinking what the fuck, the Yankees get to play to of the 4 worst teams in baseball 36 times. While the Astros get to play the Mariners 18 times, but everyone else in their division was close to or above .500

I was listening to Front Office on XM MLB Network this morning on my way to work and either Bowden or Duquette said that this Astros team might be the greatest team he's ever seen and possibly could finish this season as the greatest team of all time. I can't say I'd call that hyperbole. That's truth. 

This team is unfuckingbelievable.