2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

Cole just passed Scottie.  Damn he was good in 86.

That got me thinking. If this team plays the 86 team in a 7 game series, does the 86 team even win a game?  Same with the 2005 squad.  Those teams had some glaring weaknesses, and so did the WS winners those years. It's crazy how good this team is, and with how good the other playoff teams have been over the last few years, there are still no guarantees. The 2019 Yankees and Dodgers look like they could walk through an 86 WS win as well. 

Agreed with “it don’t make a shit.”

That said

Indians, A’s, Rays in that order for me

Don’t really want the Rays.

We’ll beat em but it’ll take 4 or 5 and fuck up the LCS rotation (don’t forgot about our little house of horrors down in Tampa)

A’s would take 3 or 4 games

Indians we’d sweep. Swept them in 2018. we’re better than we were in 2018 and they’re worse

I was listening to Jon Miller do the Giants game tonight.  He mentioned that the Giants have 3 players with 20 home runs this year.

I started laughing.  The Astros have 7.

What’s crazy is I think this is their first year with even one guy with 20 since 2015 or something absurd like that

Edit: yep. Crawford with 21 in 2015. Last time before this year the Giants had a guy get to 20 in a single season