2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I'm bored so i ran stats of the players the games I went to and as we all know Altuve and Yordan are amazing....especially when I am there lol.

I went to 40 games total.

Altuve was hurt a portion of them so only played in 33 games and still had 43 hits....10 homers and 27 runs.

Uncle Mike had 46 hits, which is most I saw, but in 36 games.

Yordan was only in 26 games and had 35 hits, 10HR, 29RBI

Springer had most homers....27 games 12 homers. Also 36 hits in those games.

Bregman was in all 40 games i attended. Not bad numbers but Altuves were better overall.

I saw Correa and fucking T Wizzle both play in 18 games. My conclusion is Tyler White sucks asshole. He had 1 homer, which was a grand slam and account for 4 of the 6 RBI he had in those games.

Verlander 11 starts 8-3 with 97 Ks

Cole 9 starts 6-3 with 89 Ks

Yeah, selection is shit
this is “best available” 7 minutes after the presale started

Game 2 may be high demand being on a Saturday.
Game 1 will likely be a 12 or 1 pm first pitch. I would think there will be a lot of tickets available at reasonable prices
Game 5, if necessary, will be a thurs mid afternoon game if Yankees are pushed to 5 as well.

e5130fd82c859e9f05ac6eff843d9f2b.jpg

I was tied up during the presale - I'm sticking to my tried and true method of buying tickets on Stubhub/SeatGeek while in the security line at MMP.  Prices are really good a couple of hours before gametime.

It got a little messed up when they started shutting the tickets down an hour before first pitch (I think) but still should be pretty effective (I hope).

I'm surprised that SRO tickets are going for 100+ on stubhub for Game 1 of the ALDS.  Outside of 1 person selling them for 70.

https://www.stubhub.com/houston-astros-tickets-houston-astros-houston-minute-maid-park-10-4-2019/event/104254985/?sort=price+asc&sid=65570

But if that's what the market is setting, this may be an expensive post-season.

My guess is that drops like a rock once the Friday ~12pm start is announced.

...or maybe demand stays steady and everyone uses that start time as their excuse to skip out on work

(To be clear, that start time is pure conjecture... but I’d bet a lot of money our game will start sometime in the afternoon.
If it’s Astros/Rays, I’ll bet 12:07 Central. If Astros/A’s, 3:07 Central with Braves/Cardinals at noon).

My guess is that drops like a rock once the Friday ~12pm start is announced.

...or maybe demand stays steady and everyone uses that start time as their excuse to skip out on work

(To be clear, that start time is pure conjecture... but I’d bet a lot of money our game will start sometime in the afternoon.
If it’s Astros/Rays, I’ll bet 12:07 Central. If Astros/A’s, 3:07 Central with Braves/Cardinals at noon).

We’ve been able to do this in 2018 and 2015, because they set the game time during the day. Ticket prices fell to less than face both years so we were able to hit it up for cheap.