2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

“Yet” being the operative word...

And in a bizarro world where it didn’t actually happen for the Astros, we’re experienced in popping champagne in the visitor’s clubhouse at Dodger Stadium

Ugh, can’t believe we’re gonna have to lose two games on purpose just to give our fans a chance to celebrate at home.

So a few more numbers from the season series against the Mariners
18-1 record
(I posted the lineup for the “one” last night. Almost entirely guys that started at Round Rock this season or have since been DFA’ed).

Doubled them up in runs. 123-62.

1 no hitter
1 one hitter
1 two hitter
1 three hitter

225 Ks by Mariners hitters. 11.8 per game.
Only 5 of the 19 games they had single digit Ks as a team (and in 1 of those, they didn’t get a hit).

10 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Another thing that pisses me off is that Correa’s unreliability could mean that we have to leave Tucker off the playoff roster for Toro as insurance.

Toro and Tucker keep playoff roster spots. Glass Pussy sits at the house playing Fortnite or whatever he’s into these days. 

7 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

It’s a bit incredible to me that we set a franchise record for wins with 4 games still to go and went an entire week (with no off days) in mid-June without a win

Yep. Had we not screwed up our hitters' heads by scoring 20-plus runs a couple times and immediately going into an offensive coma, we'd be knocking on the door of 110 right now. But I suppose every team that's set a good season record of any kind could look back and see room for improvement. In our case, it's amazing that we've had such production without operating at full health for very long at a stretch.