2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

That was one of my favorite wins of the year so far. Every win with this lineup is a bonus

I’m not sure every win is a bonus.

we’re still fielding a + MLB pitching staff.
and maybe we actually have a bunch of major league ready guys finally getting to play in the majors now that they aren’t blocked by actual MLB All Stars.
No, this lineup probably won’t produce a .500 season over 162 games, but I’m not so sure it wouldn’t play .450 - .475 ball which would be good enough to be ahead of the Angels and Mariners in the West right now.

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

Outstanding effort all around last night. After La Pina's baserunning gaffe I wasn't confident, but the boys came through late. Love what we're getting out of Peacock right now. 

It’s as if the baseball gods granted the Astros excellence on aspects of the game... “but you’re gonna be spectacularly shitty on the basepaths, whether it’s an MVP type player or rookie”

”and ya gotta play Tyler White.”

These recent call ups / Miley / last couple of seasons for uncle Charlie / Verlander going back to being Verlander / Presley / not over paying for DK  / extending bregman Altuve hinch pressley ....... just to name few .....

lot of winning by lunhow and his staff 

fisher needs to keep hitting, he’ll be the center piece of a trade 

I hope Tyler White is on a week to week lease

1st - Jordan A / yuli 

2nd - Altuve / kemp / Diaz

ss - bregman / Diaz 

3rd - yuli /  bregman / Diaz 

I’m fine with this set up until Daniella gets back 

hate to see mayfield being the odd man out 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, slorch said:

It’s as if the baseball gods granted the Astros excellence on aspects of the game... “but you’re gonna be spectacularly shitty on the basepaths, whether it’s an MVP type player or rookie”

”and ya gotta play Tyler White.”

are you suggesting tyler white is our cross to bear?

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

These recent call ups / Miley / last couple of seasons for uncle Charlie / Verlander going back to being Verlander / Presley / not over paying for DK  / extending bregman Altuve hinch pressley ....... just to name few .....

lot of winning by lunhow and his staff 

fisher needs to keep hitting, he’ll be the center piece of a trade 

I would put signing Brantley before Miley

Edited by rvm96

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I hope Tyler White is on a week to week lease

1st - Jordan A / yuli 

2nd - Altuve / kemp / Diaz

ss - bregman / Diaz 

3rd - yuli /  bregman / Diaz 

I’m fine with this set up until Daniella gets back 

hate to see mayfield being the odd man out 

If they were planning to have Alvarez at 1st, he’d have played more there in the minors. Expect to see him at LF/DH more.

Astros were not planning on the Correa injury. He’ll end up playing some 1st, especially if he takes white’s spot 

He’s not taking Jake or Kemp’s spot. I don’t see him breaking into the current OF rotation. At alI (I’m assuming springer isn’t gone for an extended time)

Edited by tx 3 putt

A name from the past.

CONGRATS WULAW HORN, OUR MAY WINNER, MISSING THE RUN DIFFERENTIAL BY JUST 1 RUN!!!!!

I remember in the days of the Astros.com message board, there would be a monthly thread in which people would enter predictions on record (W-L) and a number of runs scored / allowed. It was a fun process, with all of us keeping track through out the month looking at who was most accurate to date.

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2019/5/30/18645674/predict-junes-w-l-run-differential-competition

33 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Astros were not planning on the Correa injury. He’ll end up playing some 1st, especially if he takes white’s spot 

He’s not taking Jake or Kemp’s spot. I don’t see him breaking into the current OF rotation. At alI (I’m assuming springer isn’t gone for an extended time)

I think you’re more likely to see Brantley or even Reddick there. If they liked him at 1st, they’d be playing him more. They’re not even after all the injuries.