NIT semifinals: Texas vs. TCU, 8:30 PM, ESPN

Machinator

2 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Uhhh, not sure if serious. Beat TCU in the regular season and we go to the real tournament.

Honestly, I'm not so sure (unless you're suggesting that we sweep them). We weren't even in the First Four Out. Maybe if we beat TCU at home and Kansas in the Big 12 tournament.

Edited by Machinator

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

NATIONAL Invitational Tournament. Should we be so lucky on Thursday, I believe that would qualify as a "natty", no?

only hang banners for things aggy hasn't won, that is most likely a "natty." So in this case, yes. 

Lipscomb:

#40 in kenpom

best two teams they played were Louisville and TCU- they beat TCU handily and played Louisville close on the road (72-68). They've been regularly scoring 85+ in the NIT. Should be a more up and down game.

Edited by Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Kind of a weird position to be in. Texas will be the big name program everyone is cheering against in the championship game of a postseason basketball tournament.

True. But based on tonight’s performances, in no way, shape or form would an objective observer feel we should be favored. Lipscomb has guys with actual basketball skills. We can’t shoot this badly again and win. 

All that said, I think Febres or Ramey or someone will make a few jumpers, and we’ll win.

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Radford, Providence..... Lipscomb

scares you to death

Lipscomb is actually a good team, unlike Radford or Providence. Don't let the fact that you've never heard of them or can't find them on a map fool you.

We still have the talent to win, and should expect Texas to do so if they bring their A game.

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

Lipscomb:

#40 in kenpom

best teo teams they played were Louisville and TCU, and they beat TCU handily and played Louisville close on the road (72-68). They've been regularly scoring 85+ in the NIT. Should be a more up and down game.

The NIT is dumb but I'm all for one more Texas game. Bring on Lipscomb!

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

True. But based on tonight’s performances, in no way, shape or form would an objective observer feel we should be favored. Lipscomb has guys with actual basketball skills. We can’t shoot this badly again and win. 

All that said, I think Febres or Ramey or someone will make a few jumpers, and we’ll win.

If we play defense like we did today, we are in it against most teams in the country.

The offense... well let's hope they learn how to make layups.