TEXAS @ BAYLOR Series

petscii

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I hate cancelling games for rain and agree with Greenspoint on playing ball in rain. This league cancels games at the hint of bad weather and it drives us crazy. But yesterday’s strike came out of nowhere, and felt like a bomb went off in the stadium. I’m not being dramatic and really probably felt like you did before having just going through it. 

Where were you playing?  Got some good rain yesterday, but I don't recall even lightning.  Compared to what was being predicted.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I hate cancelling games for rain and agree with Greenspoint on playing ball in rain. This league cancels games at the hint of bad weather and it drives us crazy. But yesterday’s strike came out of nowhere, and felt like a bomb went off in the stadium. I’m not being dramatic and really probably felt like you did before having just going through it. 

I’m just messing with you.  Lighting scares the shit out of me.

46 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

After it happened I ran to my son and looked around me. We were sitting in metal bleachers and the stadium, the adjacent stadium and the dugouts all had aluminum roofs. I felt like we were sitting ducks. 

Shit, does no one running that facility have the Weather Bug app?  Any lightning within 10 miles shuts everything down. Unless it was a rogue strike (I have no idea if such a thing exists, but liked the term). 

2 minutes ago, BERT said:

Bed time? 

Bed time?  This early Baylor?  I'm not even (takes sip of drink from baseball player).......tie...red." 

3 minutes ago, Mile High Horn said:

Baylor started this game late because they are a bunch of bible thumpers who wanted to give their fans enough time to go to church, get dressed, and drive to Baylor Ballpark to watch them lose to Texas.

Looks like all 10 of 'em showed up.

This can't be the first time Baylor athletes still got out of their balls and sticks on a dry field with zero interest or consent from any ladies in attendance.