Texas Tech vs Virginia: 2019 NCAA Championhship

Vic Mackey

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So you'd rather the call be wrong?

here's my problem with it.  that specific type of play happens a lot during a game where the ball rolls off the offensive players hand OOB after being poked by a defender you just can't see it unless you slo mo it.

I wanted Virgina to win but I just don't like the slo mo on that type of call.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Culver played poorly and had terrible shot selection late in the game, and Owens not being 100% was also big.  However, on the whole Virginia is a better team.  They play low scoring games because of their pace, but they actually have a lot of skilled players on offense.  Tech has mostly one dimensional guys on offense.  

It’s s testament to how scrappy Tech is that they got this far.  I’d like to see what Beard can do with players who can score, but then again he might not get those guys to play so hard on defense.

Yeah, D vs D is wash (talking about the whole season), but they were able to grind out the half court offensive possessions better than us.  It was the difference.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
A 1 seed winning it all and being a 1 seed last year is hardly a great story. 

Yeah, that's the story. I mean I get that it's as deep as your smooth brain will allow you to delve, but still.

That result has zero to do with this year. They were a top team both seasons and won the national title as a 1 seed. Good job. Hardly a great story, though.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Culver played poorly and had terrible shot selection late in the game, and Owens not being 100% was also big.  However, on the whole Virginia is a better team.  They play low scoring games because of their pace, but they actually have a lot of skilled players on offense.  Tech has mostly one dimensional guys on offense.  

It’s s testament to how scrappy Tech is that they got this far.  I’d like to see what Beard can do with players who can score, but then again he might not get those guys to play so hard on defense.

Next year will be interesting to see. We're going to have more talent on the floor than we've ever had but it will be interesting to see how they play defense compared to this year's team.

2 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

I’m not. Fuck those jackasses. This is payback for ruining our season in 2008. 

Fuck Tech forever.

this, don't feel sorry one bit.  would have been fine if they had won it but virginia winning won my bracket.

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I’m not a Techtard. Acho is the type of guy who needs to be humbled by having someone raw dog his girlfriend in the ass and send a video of it to him.

Man, you really glom on to any fucking team and go full jihad when it doesn't work out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Girdwood said:

I’m not. Fuck those jackasses. This is payback for ruining our season in 2008. 

Fuck Tech forever.

Payback is when one provides it. I had to set the 2008 feelings aside. Now if this was aggy, what the hell am I talking about I will never have to root against aggy because they will never be in this position. I was able to root for Tech.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Like 1