Texas Tech vs Virginia: 2019 NCAA Championhship

Vic Mackey

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Man, you really glom on to any fucking team and go full jihad when it doesn't work out. 

Yup. I go hard in the paint. UVA just pissed me off with all the lucky breaks and calls going their way. I wanted a Texas team to win it. I’m spent. Goodnight

Phantom foul call on Tech where Guy ran into his teammate. Tech never recovered. Fuck CBS for not even showing a single replay. Tech failed after that but it should have been their ball up a bucket with two to go. Instead. Tie game. Bullshit raiders. Complete and total. They wanted that Worst to First story line 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:
16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
A 1 seed winning it all and being a 1 seed last year is hardly a great story. 

Yeah, that's the story. I mean I get that it's as deep as your smooth brain will allow you to delve, but still.

Did you watch the UMBC game last year? UVA 100% gave up like pouty children about halfway through the 2nd half, which allowed UMBC to turn their victory into a complete blowout victory. Such a great story when UVA was a No. 1 seed (again) this year but they just didn't trip over their dicks this time. Disney's lining up to purchase the movie rights. 

Edited by Helobious
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Did you watch the UMBC game last year? UVA 100% gave up like pouty children about halfway through the 2nd half, which allowed UMBC to turn their victory into a complete blowout victory. Such a great story when UVA was a No. 1 seed (again) this year but they just didn't trip over their dicks this time. Disney's lining up to purchase the movie rights. 

Exactly. Being gutless losers last year as a 1 seed when adversity struck does not make this year winning it all as a 1 seed some great story. 

Im assuming by this thread, that most posters were rooting for the Lady Bears yesterday as well?

Fuck Notre Dame.

Bears are a pain in the ass. Gotta get up at five fucking thirty to put the garbage out because of fucking bears. BASTARDS.

As do so many of @HtownHorn's takes on this site, this one has aged extremely well. Him saying he wouldn't want Bennett as UT's head coach to replace Shaka. lulz.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:52 PM, HtownHorn said:

fuck, aggy fired their coach and he went to the Sweet 16 last year, and no to Bennett. His teams are great in the regular season, but consistently fail in the lose and your out format, because they can't score as today showed. He's average 28.7 wins in the last 6 years, but has 0 FF's and 1 EE. In his entire career, he's never once won in the tournament as the lower seed, but has been upset 5 times, the last 2 times as #1 seeds to double digit opponents.

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Phantom foul call on Tech where Guy ran into his teammate. Tech never recovered. Fuck CBS for not even showing a single replay. Tech failed after that but it should have been their ball up a bucket with two to go. Instead. Tie game. Bullshit raiders. Complete and total. They wanted that Worst to First story line 

Yeah what the fuck was up with this? Tech led by 3 and he looked out of control going to the basket. And to me from original view, looked like he tripped over his own guy or lost control. We saw no replay at all. Tech player you could tell were pissed about the call but collected their cool right away. Anyone have a replay of this?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I wanted a Texas team to win it. 

Yeah, we get it.

Your favorite teams are Texas, U of H, Tech, Baylor, and TCU.  Nevermind that we recruit against all of them.

I wasn't rooting against Tech per se, but as much as we all point and laugh at the S-E-C dorkism, some of y'all gave them a run for their money in this tourney.

Good season, Tech.  Now fade back into mediocrity, please.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah a christian is soooo weird.  Atheist here, but not understanding why that would be considered weird. 

the real answer is who really gives a shit what Tony Bennett thinks about religion. I can't believe anyone would care enough to post about it.

• Like 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m fine with being a Christian.  If you literally think faith wins you shit in life, you’re a weirdo.  Sorry.  

No, no it isn't: faith in your system, your team could easily be the gist of that. Didn't see the comment so I'm just speculating.  They lost in the opening g weekend last year so faith in their goal would also be appropriate.

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m fine with being a Christian.  If you literally think faith wins you shit in life, you’re a weirdo.  Sorry.  

Exactly.  Approximately 20,000 children starved today, and their mothers invoked every god's name and it happened anyway, but Jesus made sure your team won the big game tonight.  Nothing fucked up about that.

• Like 4

Just now, TexArcher said:

Yeah, we get it.

Your favorite teams are Texas, U of H, Tech, Baylor, and TCU.  Nevermind that we recruit against all of them.

I wasn't rooting against Tech per se, but as much as we all point and laugh at the S-E-C dorkism, some of y'all gave them a run for their money in this tourney.

Good season, Tech.  Now fade back into mediocrity, please.

I don't think anyone here was pulling for Tech because of the Big 12. Tech, unlike aggy is a little brother that knows it's place in the hierarchy.

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Mooney is going to have nightmares about his last defensive possession in regulation.  Brain lapse and inexplicably didn't close out on Hunter on the 3.

This reminds me of game 2 of Dallas/Miami in the 2011 NBA Finals. Bone headed breakdown by Jason Terry that left Chalmers wide open for 3 and he ties. But then Dirk won it at the other end. Almost the same scenario.

Tech left Va wide open way too many times tonight for 3. Ended up costing them.

• Like 1

Basketball gods just stick to their trends. The college basketball champions are usually a blue blood program (UNC, Duke, UConn) or at least a basketball school like Villanova. This year was the outlier but UVA is still from a powerhouse basketball conference.