Requesting all ranchers. Will cows beat me up?

So I've been walking on the Mississippi levee here in Baton Rouge and I guess it's city maintained, but privately owned? Not really sure, but I know it's kind of a heated topic with some private owners and people that use the path for walking/biking. I don't really give a fuck, I'm not hunting or fishing or messing with their stuff anyway. But there's a section with a bunch of cattle out there between the river and the road. That particular area has a cattle grate on the levee path and a fence between the road and river, keeping the cows in there. The city has a sign there that says no motorized vehicles, which they have all over the levee. Easy enough, and then the land owner has a couple signs that say private property on each side of the path. 

Anyway, like I said, fuck the property owner because I'm not messing with their shit or land and a lot of people use the levee like any other hike and bike trail and it's put out there as an attraction by the city, for an otherwise horrible fucking city. But I digress on that. My question is, because I haven't seen anybody else on that part of the levee yet and I've never been around a big, brooding cow; are they gonna get territorial and trample me to death? Or are they just the dumb, happy and harmless creatures that they appear to be? 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 4:52 PM, RPM said:

Just carry a bottle of A-1 with you. They get too close just pull it out and show it to them. They'll get the message.

The message being "I'm going to fuck up your glorious tasting flesh with some A-1."

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 3:19 PM, HouTex said:

Make sure there's not a bull around.  They can get surly.  Cows are not a problem, but they may think you are there to feed them so sometimes they will follow you or approach you.

I have a decent amount of cattle.  I wouldn't trust strange bulls, but I would trust strange cows even less.  I have always had more trouble with cows than bulls, and almost all of mine of either sex are very, very tame.  

Like someone else said, watch the one that looks at you with her head up and ears pointed forward.  She ain't watchin' you because she loves you, Woodrow.

• Like 1