Voter Suppression

Pancho

I predict that we are going to soon see election results take months to be decided within the courts.

We will have the election watchers claim high numbers of voting irregularity cases, and they will document each one like in the app or video above. Recounts won't mean anything if they've "documented" that 20% of the votes have issues.  They will highlight similar looking people on their hours and hours of drop box recordings.

Effectively some in the GOP want to replace govt selected election officials with anyone off the streets. What could go wrong.

• Rage+1 1

Wow. Just helped my mom vote by mail. I can't recommend it at all. There are so many tricks that are going to make those ballots be questioned big time. It's disgusting.

For instance, you put the ballot in one envelope and then put that envelope into another envelope. Then you have to seal and sign over the flap that outer envelope. The issue is that under the flap you are supposed to write in your DL or SS number. So many people are going to miss that step.

And then the instructions for filling it out are in unbelievably small print. I asked my mom to try and read it. She couldn't at all with her glasses. So gross.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

59 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Wow. Just helped my mom vote by mail. I can't recommend it at all. There are so many tricks that are going to make those ballots be questioned big time. It's disgusting.

For instance, you put the ballot in one envelope and then put that envelope into another envelope. Then you have to seal and sign over the flap that outer envelope. The issue is that under the flap you are supposed to write in your DL or SS number. So many people are going to miss that step.

And then the instructions for filling it out are in unbelievably small print. I asked my mom to try and read it. She couldn't at all with her glasses. So gross.

Texas?

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

for years, R mail in ballots far out weighed Dems. I hope this only bites R’s in the ass, but we all know what’s going to happen.

mail in ballots from Dem counties will be thrown out. R mail in ballots in R counties will all be accepted 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 3

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

for years, R mail in ballots far out weighed Dems. I hope this only bites them in the ass, but we all know what’s going to happen.

mail in ballots from Dem counties will be thrown out. R mail in ballots in R counties will all be accepted 

of course.

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

for years, R mail in ballots far out weighed Dems. I hope this only bites R’s in the ass, but we all know what’s going to happen.

MeeMaw in Loving County can forget to sign her ballot but that's ok because we all know she's forgetful.

Someone in Harris County doesn't quite sign it perfectly or writes outside the box, and we need a ruling from the Supreme Court.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

MeeMaw in Loving County can forget to sign her ballot but that's ok because we all know she's forgetful.

Someone in Harris County doesn't quite sign it perfectly or writes outside the box, and we need a ruling from the Supreme Court.

snl yes GIF

On 10/21/2022 at 12:21 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

I just saw a PSA, you must use two stamps. did you know this ?

another trap to get votes thrown out 

Early voting begins tomorrow! In the morning I'm going to walk down to my local voting precinct and, except for some judicial candidates, vote straight Democrat. Because fuck the Republicans, that's why.

Get someone and make a plan to vote with them.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I just saw a PSA, you must use two stamps. did you know this ?

another trap to get votes thrown out 

Not on this one from Travis County. No postage required.

13 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

If any poll watcher gets into my personal space, I’m going to threaten violence and I’m not a violent person at all.

I understand. The best option is to start recording any poor behavior. We have to shine a light on these cockroaches. They want to take away democracy so let's take away their anonymity.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Here's the outer envelope with instructions. Under the flap was where they have to put their DL or SS number. There was an inner envelope with similar text and instructions. Imagine being 70 and trying to decipher this.

voting.jpg

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

On 10/19/2022 at 10:23 PM, TexPx said:

Same people? Or different incident? https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3700336-arizona-officials-deeply-concerned-by-armed-vigilantes-at-ballot-drop-box/'

Arizona officials on Saturday sounded alarms about voter safety after two armed individuals deemed “vigilantes” dressed in tactical gear were found outside a Maricopa County ballot drop box Friday evening.  

“We are deeply concerned about the safety of individuals who are exercising their constitutional right to vote and who are lawfully taking their early ballot to a drop box. Uninformed vigilantes outside Maricopa County’s drop boxes are not increasing election integrity. Instead they are leading to voter intimidation complaints,” said Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Chairman Bill Gates and Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer in a joint statement. 

“Although monitoring and transparency in our elections is critical, voter intimidation is unlawful. For those who want to be involved in election integrity, become a poll worker or an official observer with your political party. Don’t dress in body armor to intimidate voters as they are legally returning their ballots,” the statement continued.  

The two armed individuals left the Mesa ballot drop box after Maricopa County law enforcement responded, according to the elections officials. 

The incident comes after the Arizona secretary of state last week referred a case of possible voter intimidation to the Justice Department and the state’s attorney general after a voter attempting to cast their ballot in Maricopa County was reportedly “approached and followed by a group of individuals.” 

Pelosi to meet Ukrainian officials in CroatiaThese cities have the most expensive fast-food burger combos in the US: report

Maricopa County was a focal point of election concerns during the 2020 presidential election. After former President Trump claimed the election was stolen from him, the Arizona state Senate contracted the firm Cyber Ninjas to conduct a controversial audit, which confirmed President Biden’s win in the state.  

“No matter how you choose to vote in Arizona, you should feel safe doing so,” the state elections officials said in their Saturday statement.  

“We will do everything possible in our roles to protect voters, election workers, and our free and fair elections,” they added.  

Some Texas voters have recently received letters notifying them that their vote from the primary campaigns earlier this year never counted. A new state requirement has confused many voters and led to unusually high ballot rejection rates statewide. 
https://www.reformaustin.org/elections/new-texas-gop-backed-voting-law-disproportionately-impacts-communities-of-color-the-language-challenged-and-the-disabled/

According to a new study, just the addition of one new requirement caused massive disenfranchisement and major racial disparities. 

The study, which was conducted by New York University’s Brennan Center for Justice, found Latino, Asian and Black voters were significantly more likely to have both voting applications and their ballots rejected under the new requirements.

That requirement mandates that absentee voters include either a driver’s license number or the last four digits of their Social Security number on their mail-in ballot. 

But here’s the catch — if voters forgot which ID number they had previously given on their ballots, they either accidentally put the wrong number or left it blank. 

For example, if a voter had listed their driver’s license number when they registered to vote, but inadvertently put their Social Security number on the ballot, it was rejected. And older voters who first registered to vote would have no way of knowing what ID number they used decades ago. 

The 2021 law was passed by Texas Republicans in the name of election integrity, even though no significant voter fraud occurred in the 2020 election. Voting rights advocates oppose the new voting restriction, which is part of the law called SB1 signed by Gov. Greg Abbott last year

From that article:

The data show that nearly 25,000 ballots were rejected in the March 2022 primary, and voters of color were 50 percent more likely than white voters to have their mail ballots rejected under the new restrictions. 

By comparison, in 2020 Texas rejected just under one percent of mail ballots that saw more than 11 million people, according to federal data.

But this year, the rejection rate spiked to 12.4 percent statewide in the March 1 primary.

Holy shit.

6 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

From that article:

The data show that nearly 25,000 ballots were rejected in the March 2022 primary, and voters of color were 50 percent more likely than white voters to have their mail ballots rejected under the new restrictions. 

By comparison, in 2020 Texas rejected just under one percent of mail ballots that saw more than 11 million people, according to federal data.

But this year, the rejection rate spiked to 12.4 percent statewide in the March 1 primary.

Holy shit.

samuel alito doesn't see any issues with that

• Like 1