2019 Women's World Cup - Do It Back to Back

ztejas

1 minute ago, ATLLonghorn said:

If the US comes out aggressive they're going to demolish the Dutch. These two teams should be in the semifinals. It's going to take a massive fuck up for the US to lose Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

it could get ugly.  we should score at least 4.

If the US comes out aggressive they're going to demolish the Dutch. These two teams should be in the semifinals. It's going to take a massive fuck up for the US to lose Sunday.

Go rewatch the 2011 final. This Dutch team is better than Japan, and the US is worse than in 2011. The US should win 2-0 or 3-1 but Holland has a couple of women who can change the game.

Just now, shnsajax said:

Go rewatch the 2011 final. This Dutch team is better than Japan, and the US is worse than in 2011. The US should win 2-0 or 3-1 but Holland has a couple of women who can change the game.

I think the Defense is worse than 2011 overall...but No, this team is not worse than 2011.  I think it's a better passing, and more talented roster.  I remember 2011 being a bunch of set pieces and long ball kicks/run and go get them...

An all time choke job from the USWNT in 2011. That's what it would take for the US to lose to the Dutch. Miedema is a beast, Martens is good if she's healthy, otherwise there isn't a player on that team that would start on the USWNT

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

I think that ball hit her on the off button. She looked unconscious when she hit the ground

Impossible, women have no off button.  But if you could invent one, you'd become a very wealthy man...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I think the Defense is worse than 2011 overall...but No, this team is not worse than 2011.  I think it's a better passing, and more talented roster.  I remember 2011 being a bunch of set pieces and long ball kicks/run and go get them...

The roster is deeper but the top tier talent is not better. Last four US goals have been headers of a cross and penalties. Now the US isn’t playing up to potential either but they haven’t since group play.

Are headers off crosses not real goals or something? Actually one of the things I noticed about today's match was that both these teams suck ass at crossing the ball into a dangerous spot in the box. There were a shit ton of crosses played way too high, way too low, etc.

1 minute ago, shnsajax said:

The roster is deeper but the top tier talent is not better. Last four US goals have been headers of a cross and penalties. Now the US isn’t playing up to potential either but they haven’t since group play.

I'd also say the competition is a bit stiffer as well.  It's 8 years later, the World hasn't caught up, but it's much closer.  I'd put the top tier as pretty close and the depth of the current team putting this team over the top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'd also say the competition is a bit stiffer as well.  It's 8 years later, the World hasn't caught up, but it's much closer.  I'd put the top tier as pretty close and the depth of the current team putting this team over the top.

I completely agree. Holland has three strikers that are legit and can clean up a back line fuckup. I don’t think it happens, but if Holland takes the lead then all bets are off. 

Guest Lobo

Scheib auf die Hollander. 

Are we just supposed to pretend that the Netherlands don’t hold the honor of being the only Western Euro nation easier To conquer than France? 

As Rapinoe once said, Fuck the Doomed.  

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo

France was being proactive, they knew they’d get far but why setup a scenario where you’d lose to a foreign power on the soil of your most prominent city?   

Fuck the Doomed. 

13 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

“A ball contacted her on the left cheek.” Stretcher coming.

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

Concussion?

I think that when dehydrated, the brain also shrinks a bit and that increases the sloshing around in the skull that results in a concussion. That girl didn’t appear to be carrying an excessive amount of fluids in her body and perhaps she couldn’t handle the slosh!

*I’m not a doctor, but I did stay at an AirBnB last night. 

Are headers off crosses not real goals or something? Actually one of the things I noticed about today's match was that both these teams suck ass at crossing the ball into a dangerous spot in the box. There were a shit ton of crosses played way too high, way too low, etc.
Which was atypical for the Dutch because one of their best weapons is Spitse crossing to Miedema in the box. It's how they scored one of the goals vs Italy.