impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

'The aid was only delayed for 55 days so it's really no big deal.'

How many Ukrainians died for lack of aid during those 55 days?

And it's a lie. 

The Pentagon announced the plans to provide the aid on June 18.  Jennifer Williams was informed of the hold on July 3, per her testimony.  Trump released the aid on September 11.  Now, the official hold didn't go into effect until July 25, after Mark Sandy filled out the paperwork to inform Congress of the hold, but it was approved and available to be obligated prior to that.  Because of the delay, 35M of the 250M of military aid could not be obligated before the fiscal year close on 9/30, and had to be re-allocated by Congress. 

• Like 1

Republicans cry about witnesses not heard, White House blocks witness testimonies.

Republicans cry about lack of mesningful debate on such a critical topic, trot out Nunes and Gym Jordan who spend their time promoting debunked Russian conspiracy theories.

There isn't a shred of true patriotism left among them. 

• Like 4

I think my favorite defense is "the Democrats were just looking for something to impeach the President on from the day he took office".

So, let's assume that's true.  Maybe it would have been a good idea NOT to commit impeachable offenses when your political adversaries were paying attention?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Comments:

please tell me again how a bunch of lifelong Republicans in the FBI colluded with Ukraine and Hillary to frame Russia and lose her own election so that Trump would win so that then the deep state could take him down because fuck yes that all makes perfect sense to me derpity derp

7:03 AM - 16 Nov 2019
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pasken said:

I wonder how long McCarthy will speak for. He might try to go for hours to push the impeachment vote to way late into the night. 

The longer he speaks, the less time other members have. Debate is limited in time by rule. That's what they voted on yesterday in the Rules Committee.

Just now, David Dennison said:

The longer he speaks, the less time other members have. Debate is limited in time by rule. That's what they voted on yesterday in the Rules Committee.

That doesn't apply to the party leaders who will speak last. He can go as long as he wants.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The more Nadler speaks, the more the public tunes out.  He has no charisma and conveys no gravitas.

True, but to be fair, I'm pretty sure most of the public tuned out a long time ago.  I've followed this shit closely since the beginning and I have watched maybe an hour of the judiciary hearings and none of the full house hearings.  The Dems suck at it and the Rs are fucking liars.  Just vote and get it done with.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The more Nadler speaks, the more the public tunes out.  He has no charisma and conveys no gravitas.

Then we are lazy. I don't disagree with your assessment of his speaking skills and that is an area where Schiff is solid. However, we have become poor listeners who do not substantially nor consistently weigh the worth of the words our leaders speak.

• Like 1