Elizabeth Warren 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

53 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

There's a Eugenics program on PBS as a part of American Experience that all of you need to watch.

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

60,000 Americans involuntarily sterilized. Didn't become illegal until the 70's. That was a surprise. I did not know that. 

All the old motives are still present and fashionable today. Keep the superior white race pure. 

Wait, are you trying to say that Eugenics is some kind of conservative thing? Pretty sure I know more than either of you two about what went down. I also seem to know a whole lot more about conservative ideas than you do. 

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

60,000 Americans involuntarily sterilized. Didn't become illegal until the 70's. That was a surprise. I did not know that. 

All the old motives are still present and fashionable today. Keep the superior white race pure. 

Thats why planned parent hood is holding up shop in black neighbourhoods, cause republicans hate them and want abortions legal to keep the black man down. 

9 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Wait, are you trying to say that Eugenics is some kind of conservative thing? Pretty sure I know more than either of you two about what went down. I also seem to know a whole lot more about conservative ideas than you do. 

No I'd rather you take a hammer to your testicles and quit reproducing.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

#MeSioux

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/10/17/pocahontas-descendant-calls-on-warren-to-apologize-n2529278

Pocahontas Descendant Calls on Warren to Apologize

A descendant of Pocahontas, the 17th-century Powhatan princess, said Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) needs to apologize for claiming to be Native America for political gain.

Appearing on “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Debbie White Dove Porreco said she was glad the Massachusetts Democrat finally took the DNA test, which she urged her to do back in May.

"It did prove that she wasn't the Cherokee Indian that she was claiming to be for so long," Porreco said on the program Tuesday. "I think she's guilty of claiming she's an American Indian but has no proof -- and then [is] using it for applications for college and for political reasons."

"She needs to... apologize to everybody for what she has done," Porreco said

Warren released the results of a DNA test this week showing that she may be anywhere between 1/64th and 1/1,024th Native American—but the definition included Mexican, Colombia, and Peruvian DNA.

“To make up for the dearth of Native American DNA, Bustamante used samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia to stand in for Native American. That’s because scientists believe that the groups Americans refer to as Native American came to this land via the Bering Strait about 12,000 years ago and settled in what’s now America but also migrated further south,” the Boston Globe explained about how Carlos Bustamante, a Stanford University professor, attempted to calculate how much Native American DNA Warren may have. 

12 minutes ago, Jack said:

#MeSioux

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/10/17/pocahontas-descendant-calls-on-warren-to-apologize-n2529278

A descendant of Pocahontas, the 17th-century Powhatan princess, said Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) needs to apologize for claiming to be Native America for political gain.

Appearing on “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” Debbie White Dove Porreco said she was glad the Massachusetts Democrat finally took the DNA test, which she urged her to do back in May.

"It did prove that she wasn't the Cherokee Indian that she was claiming to be for so long," Porreco said on the program Tuesday. "I think she's guilty of claiming she's an American Indian but has no proof -- and then [is] using it for applications for college and for political reasons."

Warren released the results of a DNA test this week showing that she may be anywhere between 1/64th and 1/1,024th Native American—but the definition included Mexican, Colombia, and Peruvian DNA.

“To make up for the dearth of Native American DNA, Bustamante used samples from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia to stand in for Native American. That’s because scientists believe that the groups Americans refer to as Native American came to this land via the Bering Strait about 12,000 years ago and settled in what’s now America but also migrated further south,” the Boston Globe explained about how Carlos Bustamante, a Stanford University professor, attempted to calculate how much Native American DNA Warren may have. 

This is not good when Native Americans aren't getting your back on this.

6 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

This is not good when Native Americans aren't getting your back on this.

Shocking that the lady who dines regularly at Mar-a-Lago and has her own page on trumpettesusa.com didn't have Warren's back on this issue.

https://trumpettesusa.com/index.php/trumpettes/debbie-porreco/

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

There's a Eugenics program on PBS as a part of American Experience that all of you need to watch.

Started watching this and couldn't turn it off.  The argument from the Supreme Court being used as Nazi defense during the Nuremberg trials was cringe inducing.  Literally a century ago and the same arguments are out there today against immigration.  Immigrants, btw, are the only way to keep the economy going so buckle up.

Also, Warren handled this the exact wrong way.  

1 hour ago, Jack said:

#MeSioux

This has to be fake, right?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Jack said:

#MeSioux

Well it's propin' up the governments in Colombia and Peru you ask any DNA man he'll say there's nothing he can do.

• Haha 1

She has two huge pieces of legislation she’s pushing and probably going to run on.
1. Anti Corruption Act -
https://www.warren.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018.08.21 Anti Corruption Act Summary.pdf
First Big Change – Padlock the revolving door between big business and government. 
Ban elected and appointed officials from becoming lobbyists after they leave office. Not for 1 year.  Not for 2 years. For the rest of their lives. No special deals for millions and millions of dollars to the policymakers who will be in a position to pay back their old employers.
 Second Big Change – Stop self-dealing by public officials. If a person works for the government, then that person should serve the public. No making policy decisions to help yourself instead of taxpayers.
Presidents should not be able to own companies on the side. And we shouldn’t have to beg candidates to let the American people see their financial interests. That should be the law – not just for presidential candidates, but for every candidate for every federal office.
Third Big Change – End lobbying as we know it. 
Start by fixing the Swiss cheese definition of a “lobbyist.”  Require everyone who gets paid to influence government to register. And bring that lobbying out into the sunlight. Make every single meeting between a lobbyist and a public official a matter of public record.
We should ban Americans from getting paid to lobby for foreign governments – period. If foreign governments want to express their views, they can use their diplomats. 
Fourth Big Change – End corporate capture of rulemaking. 
Prosecute companies that knowingly mislead government agencies. And stop the practice of companies paying for sham “studies” designed to derail the rulemaking process. 
 Fifth Big Change – Restore faith that ordinary people can get a fair shake in our courts. 
Strengthen the code of conduct for all federal judges – no stock trading, no payments from corporations for attending events, no honoraria for giving speeches, no lavish getaways & fancy hunting trips funded by billionaires. & I mean all federal judges, including SCOTUS justices.
 Big Change Number Six – Hire a new independent sheriff to police corruption. There are dedicated public servants that enforce our ethics laws – but they have less authority than security guards at the mall. 
Build a new anticorruption agency to make sure that all key federal officials – even powerful Senators and Presidents – file disclosures and get rid of conflicts. 
 Inside Washington, some of these proposals will be very unpopular, even with my friends. Outside Washington, I expect that most people will see these ideas as no-brainers and be shocked they’re not already law. 

2.  The Accountable Capitalism Act 115th Congress (2017-2018) S. 3348 is a proposed federal bill introduced by Senator Elizabeth Warren in August 2018. It would require that employees elect 40% of a board of directors of any corporation with over $1 billion in tax receipts, and that 75% of shareholders and directors must approve any political spending. Corporations with revenue over $1 billion would be required to obtain a federal corporate charter. The Act contains a "constituency statute" that would give directors a duty of "creating a general public benefit" with regard to a corporations stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, and the environment, and the interests of the enterprise in the long-term.[1]
Background
With the Reward Work Act, the Accountable Capitalism Act is the second recent proposal to give employees a right to elect representatives on a company board of directors. The United States is in a minority of countries in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development that gives no representation of the workforce in corporate governance.[2] The Bill's explanatory document states that it seeks to borrow "from the successful approach in Germany and other developed economies", by introducing that right.[3]
For years, Senator Warren endorsed the slogan "corporations are not people," in opposition to the Citizens United Supreme Court ruling. The Accountable Capitalism Act further distinguishes rights of individuals from those of corporations. The internet tabloid Vox wrote of Warren's proposal: "Warren's plan starts from the premise that corporations that claim the legal rights of personhood should be legally required to accept the moral obligations of personhood."[4] (Corporate social responsibility and more.) Also, "In the early 1980s, America's biggest companies dedicated less than half of their profits to shareholders and reinvested the rest in the company. But over the last decade, big American companies have dedicated 93% of earnings to shareholders - redirecting trillions of dollars that could have gone to workers or long-term investments. The result is that booming corporate profits and rising worker productivity have not led to rising wages."[5]
https://www.warren.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/warren-introduces-accountable-capitalism-act

These aren’t really leftist ideas but they are radical. 

This is why I would vote for her. We have a complicated system of corruption through legal means. That system needs to be completely dismantled. If anything she isn’t calling for enough. Beto’s campaign finance approach shouldn’t be the exception it should be the requirement.

The Native American stuff may sink her. I think it’s silly on both sides. She’s a whitey. She might technically be part Native American too. So what?
  • Like 2

Just now, troph said:

The Native American stuff may sink her. I think it’s silly on both sides. She’s a whitey. She might technically be part Native American too. So what?

The Native American stuff isn’t going to sink her.

The people that make a stink about it aren’t doing it in good faith and don’t give a shit about the truth anyway, fuck ‘em.  

In a way, she kinda muddied the waters herself with the DNA test to the point where any normal person trying to get the real story will end up saying, “That’s it? That all you got on her?” 

Weak as fuck. 

• Like 1

You mean people who weren't gonna change their minds on her for her blantant high cheek bones and her native crab recipe that she copy pasted from someone else? 

Yeah, obviously 

You really seem to try to hold water for someone whose lied a long time using a people who has been hurt by our past, but if you want to be atlas that's on you.

So the conservative plan is to keep going with this "But her Pocahontas" thing?   

I guess that means they don't have anything substantive to use against her.  Though, I suppose it doesn't matter.  The 'leaders' who are panicking at the possibility of losing a tiny fraction of their personal GDPs--should the government become a tiny bit less corrupt--will just tweet a few Pocahontas soundbytes, which will get retweeted/reposted by a few thousand useful idiots/automated accounts, and 70 million dum dums will suspend all rationale thought and vote for corporate control over a government that represents them a little less (and corporations a little more) every year.   

Watching people pick up these seeds and sow them into their own backyards 2 years in advance, is making me feel very brisket-ish.   

Edited by Monster
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Monster said:

So the conservative plan is to keep going with this "But her Pocahontas" thing?   

I guess that means they don't have anything substantive to use against her.  Though, I suppose it doesn't matter.  The 'leaders' who are panicking at the possibility of losing a tiny fraction of their personal GDPs--should the government become a tiny bit less corrupt--will just tweet a few Pocahontas soundbytes, which will get retweeted by a few thousand automated accounts, and 70 million dum dums will suspend all rationale thought and do what they're told.   

Watching people pick up these seeds and sow them into their own backyards 2 years in advance, is making me feel very brisket-ish.   

Elizabeth Warren wants it to be their talking point.  She knew it was going to be their issue anyway so why not just clear the air on it now and let people decide for themselves.

That’s what this timing was all about.  She’s not going to deal with this shit during the campaign. She’s going to say “I’ve already put everything out there on this”, and she has.

She can campaign on actual issues people care about while the republicans keep pushing the Pocahontas thing.  

Which talking points do you think will resonate more with people who feel left behind?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

The cynical move is to pretend your Native American heritage isn't there and not put it on any forms, but she over-libbed in the insulated bubble of academia. It makes sense there, but it makes less sense out here in the stupid and vicious world of popular politics where people are not well educated and cannot think critically. It was a silly lib move that hurt no one and means nothing.

She's an extremely intelligent and capable woman who would be a good president.

The Native American stuff isn’t going to sink her.
The people that make a stink about it aren’t doing it in good faith and don’t give a shit about the truth anyway, fuck ‘em.  
In a way, she kinda muddied the waters herself with the DNA test to the point where any normal person trying to get the real story will end up saying, “That’s it? That all you got on her?” 
Weak as fuck. 

It may but - it’s silly that was my point.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Elizabeth Warren wants it to be their talking point.  She knew it was going to be their issue anyway so why not just clear the air on it now and let people decide for themselves.

That’s what this timing was all about.  She’s not going to deal with this shit during the campaign. She’s going to say “I’ve already put everything out there on this”, and she has.

She can campaign on actual issues people care about while the republicans keep pushing the Pocahontas thing.  

Which talking points do you think will resonate more with people who feel left behind?

Yeah, I have wondered why she dignified and prolonged it with the DNA test, but I suppose this is the answer.

But listing herself in that damned directory was a horrible mistake.  I wonder wtf she was thinking.  She should have had enough exposure to SJW thinking to know that calling herself Native without pretty strict proof and while "passing" as a white woman had massive potential to backfire, from either side of the aisle, or within academia itself.  Edit:  checked and she began listing herself as Native in 1985, which probably preceded most of the radical SJW thinking.  And she was at UH, where maybe she wasn't exposed to much thinking at all.

Edited by TwiceHorn

37 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, I have wondered why she dignified and prolonged it with the DNA test, but I suppose this is the answer.

She literally has no control over prolonging it.

When she runs in 2020 do you think the GOP was just going to let the whole "Pocahontas" thing go?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Maybe it’s time to bury the hatchet on her heritage 

You mean pasty faced, N. East liberals ?  Yeah that time has been ripe since the days of Teddy K.

I'll say it again, if the family lore was a brother or sister in the wood pile no box other than CAUCASIAN would have been checked ever.  Those heavy mayo infused recipes of hers make a lot more sense now.

I still totally dig her proposals for campaign and post gov't service reform.  I have a feeling there's more socialism buried in her hatchet holster that I won't like though.