The Supremes

tx 3 putt

16 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Um, that wasn’t an abortion. She was sentenced because of her meth use during her pregnancy that played a role in the miscarriage. 

No. It didn’t. You may want to re-read the article. 

“The report said the miscarriage could have happened due to genetic anomaly or placenta abruption.”

”…the medical examiner did not assign a cause of death.”

And she had a terrible lawyer:

“Paltrow said Poolaw's court appointed attorney mostly refused to take assistance.”

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

Have you read the bill? It’s poorly written and, hell, even the committee that passed it thinks it will be struck down. The bill is losing support by the day because it allows in vitro and birth control to possibly be criminalized. This is all moot because the governor will strike it down first anyway. 

Many of the Texas republicans who voted for SB 8 did so with the expectation the courts would throw it out. Enough to get it out of committee and enough to pass it. They were shocked when it didn’t get tossed. And here we are

• Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

No. It didn’t. You may want to re-read the article. 

“The report said the miscarriage could have happened due to genetic anomaly or placenta abruption.”

”…the medical examiner did not assign a cause of death.”

And she had a terrible lawyer:

“Paltrow said Poolaw's court appointed attorney mostly refused to take assistance.”

Again, it wasn’t an abortion as Brisket claimed. He was lying. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 11

1 minute ago, Covri said:

About that, republicans really do see themselves as victims:

”The vast majority of Democrats, 74%, said that either Black people (43%) or transgender people (31%) face the most discrimination in America today, while among Republicans, 65% said that either white people (34%) or Christians (31%) face the most discrimination.”

https://texaspolitics.utexas.edu/blog/new-uttexas-politics-project-poll-texans’-attitudes-population-growth-and-state’s-future-take#COVID-19

conservatism is based on lying to yourself and others constantly about everything. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

No, you are just gaslighting.  You are just as bad as Ana, Ag with Kids, and Johnny Sack.  Please do lecture us more on why we shouldn't be angry and terrified?  

It's their disingenuous go to.  Women who oppose their attempts at control are emotional, panicked, or hysterical.

Meanwhile, they totally find these guys to be manly, intelligent, calm people who have rational ideas:

Trump Yelling GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Captainant said:

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/10/1091927639/a-texas-woman-has-been-charged-with-murder-after-a-so-called-self-induced-aborti

Motherfucker, our fucking state jailed and processed a woman who had just miscarried because they suspected she may have had a pharmaceutical abortion. Put her under a $500,000 bail bond.

Sure, the charges got dropped but that just means the system isn't totally fucked yet. The thugs on the ground still reported her, the police booked her, and subjected a woman who had already lost a child to brutal dehumanization.

Eat a fat bag of dicks and die in a fire you goddamn willfully ignorant liar

give them time to fine tune to law 

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

A miscarriage is an abortion. It’s just not a medically induced abortion

-signed, guy with actual medical degree

I asked where all the women getting locked up for abortions are, then he posted a story about a miscarriage. It was super weird. 

• Fuck You 13

Just now, Poe It Up said:

I asked where all the women getting locked up for abortions are, then he posted a story about a miscarriage. It was super weird. 

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/10/1091927639/a-texas-woman-has-been-charged-with-murder-after-a-so-called-self-induced-aborti

This woman was suspected of getting an abortion after miscarrying. 

Stop lying you fucking liar

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Motherfucker, our fucking state jailed and processed a woman who had just miscarried because they suspected she may have had a pharmaceutical abortion. Put her under a $500,000 bail bond.

Sure, the charges got dropped but that just means the system isn't totally fucked yet. The thugs on the ground still reported her, the police booked her, and subjected a woman who had already lost a child to brutal dehumanization.

Eat a fat bag of dicks and die in a fire you goddamn willfully ignorant liar

I can’t find any details on what she did to herself/the baby and how far along she was, do you happen to know? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 13

Just now, Poe It Up said:

what she did to herself

That's not your business because she has a right to medical privacy under HIPAA. However if you had a modicum of curiosity and googled some more, you could find more details. I'm not going to do your homework for you, because you'd come up with a justification to ignore or discount it. However, this Texas Tribune writeup is fairly comprehensive and provides a good legal analysis too.

Just now, Captainant said:

That's not your business because she has a right to medical privacy under HIPAA. However if you had a modicum of curiosity and googled some more, you could find more details. I'm not going to do your homework for you, because you'd come up with a justification to ignore or discount it. However, this Texas Tribune writeup is fairly comprehensive and provides a good legal analysis too.

Yeah, it just doesn’t say what she did and how far along she was. That’s pretty important information. 

• Fuck You 7

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Yeah, it just doesn’t say what she did and how far along she was. That’s pretty important information. 

course diss GIF

You asserted that "women aren't being jailed for abortions". I discredited your claim with a direct and current example of our state putting a woman behind bars for suspecting she may have gotten an abortion. And now you want to change your stance to "it's ok to jail a woman if it's late enough"?

I fucking hope you don't have a degree from UT that's devaluing my degree.

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

While you search for truth on that one go ahead and look up the 1200 others in the last 15 years and see what you find.

Want to know about my wife’s miscarriage in 2001, too, before you can determine if she should be charged with infanticide? Or does ghoulishness have limits?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59214544.amp

Yeah, Brisket already posted this. We weren’t really talking about miscarriages though, so it was confusing. 

I asked where the women were that were being arrested for abortions. Captain posted a story about a woman where the charges were dropped for a self abortion, but there are very few details on what she actually did. 

• Fuck You 12

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

course diss GIF

You asserted that "women aren't being jailed for abortions". I discredited your claim with a direct and current example of our state putting a woman behind bars for suspecting she may have gotten an abortion. And now you want to change your stance to "it's ok to jail a woman if it's late enough"?

I fucking hope you don't have a degree from UT that's devaluing my degree.

Well, I there was a woman jailed for doing something, we just don’t know what exactly. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 9

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

Yeah, Brisket already posted this. We weren’t really talking about miscarriages though, so it was confusing. 

I asked where the women were that were being arrested for abortions. Captain posted a story about a woman where the charges were dropped for a self abortion, but there are very few details on what she actually did. 

The state had zero evidence to back their charges. The arrest affidavit didn't even specify a fucking state statute or any part of the criminal code. The woman said she miscarried, and the state of Texas said "no you aborted that baby". And now useful idiots like you are mindlessly repeating the fact-free lie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Would you like to guess what word on my wife’s medical record refers to the  miscarriage and subsequent D&C?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The state had zero evidence to back their charges. The arrest affidavit didn't even specify a fucking state statute or any part of the criminal code. The woman said she miscarried, and the state of Texas said "no you aborted that baby". And now useful idiots like you are mindlessly repeating the fact-free lie.

Where did you find the facts, I’m being serious. I can’t find any on the internet. 

• Fuck You 13

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Would you like to guess what word on my wife’s medical record refers to the  miscarriage and subsequent D&C?

I have no idea. Was it spontaneous or a planned termination? That will affect the wording. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 9

Sorry if it's already been covered, but based on written opinion, voting history, statements, etc, which justice is most likely to change their mind? Am i naive to think the public pressure might actually work? 

Edited by B00M

4 minutes ago, B00M said:

Sorry if it's already been covered, but based on written opinion, voting history, statements, etc, which justice is most likely to change their mind? Am i naive to think the public pressure might actually work? 

Kavanaugh. If there's a squish, it's him. 

• Drool 1

Actually you are only half-correct.   It is not the conservative angle that she is negging, but rather the disingenuous angles that she is negging.  That most of you self-proclaimed conservatives line up with the latter definition is why you are in her cross-hairs.   
Yes this is an emotional discussion for her because it directly impacts her.  It is an emotional discussion for others because it can directly impact them as well.   We have had folks on here express how they are discriminated against, but because we couldn't see it, we couldn't understand.  That gay marriage became protected, it was a huge deal for them and the threat of repeal amounts to the stripping of their rights.
I am of the belief that none of you are actually conservatives.  It is just a moniker that you wrapped yourself in, without any understanding of its meaning.  I think looking to the old ways of solving problems is a good strategy for understanding how people did it in the past and how to use that as a stepping stone to our future.  This is great when we had to design the M1 helmet (by using studying the technology of medieval helmets) but ancestor worship has its trappings, especially when mysticism comes into play.   Furthermore, do you think it is very conservative or traditional of you to argue with a woman online or to say nasty things to her with DMs?   The reason you do not illicit respect is because you do not warrant it, and you do not command it.    
I think you are a bit thin skinned.  I think like most self-proclaimed conservatives you do not understand what that word means.  I think like most right wingers, you are fine with turning a blind eye to blatant fuckery and corruption within your own party because probably the others are doing it as well (they are not).   I think something in your brain makes you desire to be ruled and support dictators.   I think you are fine with harming others because you see yourself as the real victim.  I think you are fine with killing democracy because it is your side that is doing it.  I think you are fine with revisionist history because the truth is unkind to you.  
The right to the domain over one's body has to be part of the law.  The right to privacy has to be part of the law.   Life, liberty, and property are repeated in the the Bill of Rights (or Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness -> Declaration of Independence).   Abortion impacts the woman's life.  It impacts her liberty, and impacts her property (money) and her most precocious property, her body, and her happiness (not having a kid she doesn't want).   How you self-proclaimed conservatives overlook simply tells me that you are not conservatives.   You can lawyer it up all you want but it is right fucking there in the Declaration and the Constitutional Amendments.   

Marry me.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

A miscarriage is an abortion. It’s just not a medically induced abortion

-signed, guy with actual medical degree

XdY7.gif

1000X, this.

48 minutes ago, elfenix said:

conservatism is based on lying to yourself and others constantly about everything. 

It is their only one, true sacrament.  All of their other sacraments are based on it.  

41 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

20 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

The charge was that she took action that caused her pregnancy to end.  That is, literally, by her actions, she aborted the pregnancy.  You are attempting to create a distinction where none exists.  You lost this one.  It's over.  Go home, all you're doing is doubling down on how foolish you look.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

XdY7.gif

1000X, this.

It is their only one, true sacrament.  All of their other sacraments are based on it.  

The charge was that she took action that caused her pregnancy to end.  That is, literally, by her actions, she aborted the pregnancy.  You are attempting to create a distinction where none exists.  You lost this one.  It's over.  Go home, all you're doing is doubling down on how foolish you look.

Not necessarily. It wasn’t a planned termination, which is what we’re actually discussing. Oklahoma will actually go after moms that have healthy kids as well, as long as the kids are born with drugs in their systems. They view drug use during pregnancy as neglect, and on its face I can’t really disagree. This is more to curb their out of control meth issue more than they’re stance on Roe. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 9

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yeah it was good.  I guess conservatives believe that you and I are not entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness due to our lack of a penis.

What you posted could be hyperbole.

But, it isn't.  Because this timeline.

• Rage+1 1

@Poe It Up, in all seriousness, i have no idea if you are being genuine or troll-y in this line of discussion.  your historical posting that i recall (which admittedly is not much) would point to being on the more genuine side so i am not going to bother with all this preceding discussion on whether or not jailing women for abortions is a possibility.

however, if the core argument you are making is that people acting hysterical and hyperbolic about the implications of the overturn and the endgame with regards to republican intentions re: abortion and the extension to other privacy rights, can you understand the concern that many historically marginalized groups see coming down the pipe under this judiciary - and the enabling of state legislators at all in light of recent developments.  as i said earlier, i used to believe like you that lunatic, fringe elements would be reigned in before they went too crazy or that judicial review of those insane legistlative goals would protect us.  but let me ask you this...

two years, five years, ten years ago, could you ever imagine a law being signed by a governor in the state of texas that effectively deputized every single person and enabled them to civil standing to sue anyone they suspected of terminating a pregnancy (or participating in any way) for monetary damages up to $10,000?  and that the ussc would affirmatively not intervene?

my de minimis remaining expectations for sanity and any moderation that still existed following the election of someone like donald trump to the presidency went out the fucking door that day.  i don't know how you could default to sanity will win the day in light of that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Not necessarily. It wasn’t a planned termination, which is what we’re actually discussing. Oklahoma will actually go after moms that have healthy kids as well, as long as the kids are born with drugs in their systems. They view drug use during pregnancy as neglect, and on its face I can’t really disagree. This is more to curb their out of control meth issue more than they’re stance on Roe. 

Would you please just shut the fuck up?  You are as bad as Ag with Kids and just as dumb.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

Did you read the post you quoted? Also there was the woman in the valley who was arrested this spring 

Kavanaugh by simple process of elimination. Everyone to his right is a hardline true believer, everyone to his left wouldn’t have gone for that opinion in the first place.

The leak being three months old does make me wonder if it was similar to aggy leaking the SEC thing when it was already in motion. Probably not the case, because we can’t have nice things, but there’s a chance this draft isn’t the ruling we get.

Fully aware I’m probably just in the bargaining stage though.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

And you believe those guys? You gotta quit trusting those “science” type people

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sidis said:

@Poe It Up, in all seriousness, i have no idea if you are being genuine or troll-y in this line of discussion.  your historical posting that i recall (which admittedly is not much) would point to being on the more genuine side so i am not going to bother with all this preceding discussion on whether or not jailing women for abortions is a possibility.

however, if the core argument you are making is that people acting hysterical and hyperbolic about the implications of the overturn and the endgame with regards to republican intentions re: abortion and the extension to other privacy rights, can you understand the concern that many historically marginalized groups see coming down the pipe under this judiciary - and the enabling of state legislators at all in light of recent developments.  as i said earlier, i used to believe like you that lunatic, fringe elements would be reigned in before they went too crazy or that judicial review of those insane legistlative goals would protect us.  but let me ask you this...

two years, five years, ten years ago, could you ever imagine a law being signed by a governor in the state of texas that effectively deputized every single person and enabled them to civil standing to sue anyone they suspected of terminating a pregnancy (or participating in any way) for monetary damages up to $10,000?  and that the ussc would affirmatively not intervene?

my de minimis remaining expectations for sanity and any moderation that still existed following the election of someone like donald trump to the presidency went out the fucking door that day.  i don't know how you could default to sanity will win the day in light of that.

I really do try to be genuine, but I know it’s probably not going to happen in a very charged discussion. That was a miscalculation on my part, I better stick to the witty comments and sorts related humor that I know so well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

I really do try to be genuine, but I know it’s probably not going to happen in a very charged discussion. That was a miscalculation on my part, I better stick to the witty comments and sorts related humor that I know so well. 

Wow then you are a genuine fucking idiot that genuinely cannot build a logically consistent argument. You're moving goalposts and calling us hysterical and hyperbolic because of SOMETHING THAT HAS ALREADY FUCKING HAPPENED. The fact that you started your argument with "well women shouldn't be jailed for abortions" and are now trying to thread the needle on saying "no no those women were jailed for miscarriages! Winky face!" Is why youre getting shit on.

There's nothing fucking genuine about that aside from you being a genuine fucking liar

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1