Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

We need to start figuring out who the next guy will be... watching the twilight Barnes team with J'covan Brown playing heroball is 1000x better than watching Roach play heroball. 

Just fire Smart already, he has regressed so badly he cant even beat his old fucking school LOL.

Side thought. Maybe we can go get Hoiberg??? thoughts?

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

VCU was 16-57 from the field and we lost at home. It’s time for CDC to be looking for a new coach. And new fans while we’re at. What fucking pathetic attendance the last two games. 

jeez no one is going to attend to see shitty basketball at Texas. its hard enough to get people to come out for very good basketball.

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Has any player improved playing for Shaka Smart at Texas?

Not anyone he's recruited besides a short stretch of Andrew Jones pre-leukemia.

5 minutes ago, jinx said:

Can we revisit this thought

A loss to Purdue won't do it, but a loss to Purdue AND Grand Canyon might.

Just now, Machinator said:

Not anyone he's recruited besides a short stretch of Andrew Jones pre-leukemia.

A loss to Purdue won't do it, but a loss to Purdue AND Grand Canyon might.

Grand Canyon plays that shoot as soon as you cross mid court and never punt on fourth down basketball right?  They probably will take us.  

We we’re ranked 17th when we played Friday night. There were 700 people at the game. Texas basketball has had a terrible fan base since the o-zone was dissolved 10+ years ago. 

That's not entirely true. I was at the Cardiac Kemba game and that place was fucking packed. 

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

We we’re ranked 17th when we played Friday night. There were 700 people at the game. Texas basketball has had a terrible fan base since the o-zone was dissolved 10+ years ago. 

Because nobody actually believed we shouldve been ranked 17. We own North Carolina's soul. That does not mean we are good, it just means they are an automatic win.

It's hilarious that Shaka refuses to make any changes to his team. Won't change the starters, won't change the minutes, won't change the rotation, won't change the game plan, won't change the style of play, won't change the type of player he recruits- he's totally content to underperform/lose the same way over and over again. The guy is frankly an embarrassing footnote on UT basketball history. 

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

700 people. The fanbase sucks ass. Own it. 

Oh shit, now I get it. Shaka just needs more decibels and we'll win. You know, you're the real MVP, I'm glad we solved our basketball programs problem

Edited by chase25
  • Like 1

Maybe the team should stop sucking ass and people would go to the game. If our team needs a rowdy home crowd to beat shitty fucking mid majors (if you can even call Radford that) then Shaka needs to be fired immediately. (Spoiler: He does)

• Like 1

Just now, chase25 said:

Oh shit, now I get it. Shaka just needs more decibels and we'll win. You know, you're the real MVP, I'm glad we solver our basketball programs problem

I’m sure money whipping our dick out to try and get coaches to come to the worst combination of arena and fans in a power conference will work the second time better than the first. Right?

It's hilarious that Shaka refuses to make any changes to his team. Won't change the starters, won't change the minutes, won't change the rotation, won't change the game plan, won't change the style of play, won't change the type of player he recruits- he's totally content to underperform/lose the same way over and over again. The guy is frankly an embarrassing footnote on UT basketball history. 
Exactly dead on. This shit don't work. Hey you fucking suck at 3s, history has proven that. So what do you do keep jacking them bitches up non stop. Still has absolutely no identity but so predictable

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

yes it sucks but what is your point? that we can't get a decent coach, very good recruits and win because of our weekday non con attendance against a shitty also ran school?

• Like 1

I’m sure money whipping our dick out to try and get coaches to come to the worst combination of arena and fans in a power conference will work the second time better than the first. Right?

You realize we did money whip and get our top choice with Shaka. You sound like an aggy.

You might be the biggest dumb ass on this board.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Some of it is "won't".

Starting to think that some it is that he really doesn't know any better.

So how many data points does CDC need.  I was done after the Okie State melt down last year, but I'll admit I got pulled back in as they made the run to end last year and I was optimistic about this year with all of the talent.  

I've seen enough.  I don't know basketball, but I know this is bad basketball. 

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Didn’t do shit with jerrit Allen, didn’t do shit with Mo Bamba, didn’t do shit with the senior laden class in his first year. Year 4 going to the shitter isn’t all surprising 

Buddy, you have it all wrong. It's the fans fault. If they would have shown up we would have won. Problem solved

• Like 1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Didn’t do shit with jerrit Allen, didn’t do shit with Mo Bamba, didn’t do shit with the senior laden class in his first year. Year 4 going to the shitter isn’t all surprising 

That choke against Nevada was so vile and disgusting, he honestly shouldve been fired after last season. We knew he was a choker and always would be.

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I wouldnt be mad if we get Hoiberg on board for a mid-season change to see what he could do with this team, hell at this point I might give Derka a shot lol

Coaching changes don't work like that. If we make a midseason firing, it'll be Darrin Horn as interim, with a proper national search conducted in the offseason. As it should be.

Edited by Machinator

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

it was predicted, by many...we have a bad offense and anemic outside shooters.  if a couple of our guys happen to go off every 3rd or 4th game we have a a chance to win.  maybe we can SMU's coach.

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

You realize we did money whip and get our top choice with Shaka. You sound like an aggy.

And you sound like a dumb fuck. I’ve already said we should fire him. I’ve also said our basketball culture has sucked ass for a decade. The FEC has terminal cancer and we have an entitled, unrealistic, spoiled fanbase. 

Really Perrin can be blamed for giving him that ridiculous fucking extension. That's the only reason why he's even coaching this year. You're brought in because of your propensity to do well in the tournament - and with twice as many resources if not more you go first round exit, no tourney bid, first round exit. That IS the sample size. Right there. 0 for 3. In basketball that means you should have your bags packed and be on a bus out of town.

Texas right now is basically deciding between having this idiot continue to coach them or writing a check for $15MM. I don't know if Perrin or Shaka is more to blame but it's an absolute mess of a situation. 

• immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic