Fire Shaka Smart

smokebomb

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its time

this is his charlie strong after kansas moment

we need someone else. Either people are too dumb to see it or wont admit it to themselves

What part of what's being said in this thread makes you think ANYONE doesnt see it or wont admit it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its time

we need someone else. Either people are too dumb to see it or wont admit it to themselves

Tough part is..... Shaka has some great recruits committed for next year, but if performances like tonite continue, they'll be gone..... 

Here is Texas' 3 point field goal percentage by game this season:

E. Illinois - 32
Arky - 32.3
ULM - 24
Citadel - 28.6
UNC - 45.8
Mich St - 26.5
Radford- 18.5

To the surprise of nobody the Carolina game is an outlier. This was a bad three point shooting team last year. They're still a bad three point shooting team. They do nothing to create offense. This is an ongoing problem and if Del Conte doesn't give a shit then the program is going nowhere.

• Like 3

This was the equivalent of Rick Barnes losing to Chaminade. I've been saying it for several years Shaka was an overpaid mistake. He has recruited some good talent and done absolutely nothing with it. He's just over .500 at Texas, under .500 in the Big 12 and 0-2 in the tourney, that's pathetic. Patterson made some shitty hires during his brief tenure as AD.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

this is our concern dude.  

I have faith in CDC. Change may not come as fast as some in here are wanting, but it will occur.

But I'm one of the relatively few faithful basketball fans on here, and we have now approached the point where watching this team is a chore and nothing more, and it's only November. This fucking sucks.

Knowing the talent on this team and Shaka being a decent defensive coach who can get the players up for somewhat-big games, I'm sure we'll be competitive and there will some flashes of hope for the future, whether it's under Shaka or someone else (looking almost certainly like the latter at this point). But it's frustrating to watch what seems to be a trainwreck in slow motion.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I have faith in CDC. Change may not come as fast as some in here are wanting, but it will occur.

But I'm one of the relatively few faithful basketball fans on here, and we have now approached the point where watching this team is a chore and nothing more, and it's only November. This fucking sucks.

Knowing the talent on this team and Shaka being a decent defensive coach who can get the players up for somewhat-big games, I'm sure we'll be competitive and there will some flashes of hope for the future, whether it's under Shaka or someone else (looking almost certainly like the latter at this point). But it's frustrating to watch what seems to be a trainwreck in slow motion.

Something has to give. 

We can't try to build a new arena off of the trainwreck that is Shaka ball right now.  CDC isn't raising a bulk of the money from Karen's team, although she and women's team are definitely pulling their weight and doing their part. 

28 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its time

Kent State was his Kansas moment. Everything since then has just been delaying the inevitable.

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Giving Shaka another year would serve absolutely no purpose.  CDC has been great thus far, but if he gives dipshit another year, it would be a colossal fuckup.  Keeping him this year was a fuckup in and of itself.  

3 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Giving Shaka another year would serve absolutely no purpose.  CDC has been great thus far, but if he gives dipshit another year, it would be a colossal fuckup.  Keeping him this year was a fuckup in and of itself.  

Given the Andrew Jones situation and the fact that we still made the tournament, along with the idiotic contract extension Patterson gave him, retaining Shaka after last March was understandable. On top of that CDC joined the athletic department mid-season, and probably wasn't going to rock the boat unless we made a complete mockery of the season (which we didn't).

If we don't progress this year or go in reverse, then there's no reasonable defense for keeping him.

Edited by Machinator

x/post-

The comments from this thread- "what do we do in practice?", "we're 5-25 from deep", "we are terrible at FTs", "this offense is pathetic", "why does shaka keep letting us shoot and miss threes?!", "sims is terrible", "dylan is terrible", "why does DO keep shooting threes?"

yeah, that's all we've been fucking saying for this guy's entire tenure at Texas. Nothing changes. We have the e act same problems and shortcomings year after year after year. WUlaw called this more than two years ago, and everything that's happened since then only goes to support his original contention. It has been beyond obvious for a long time- Shaka has been underperforming since his Final 4 run, period. 

• Like 2

I dare anyone to look at these numbers and continue to support Shaka Smart. Shaka's teams the last three years:

(note- the last three pics don't include tonight's assault on the eyes)

2016:
3ebeefeb7d277fee1f171c7e638e9e18.jpg

9a47fb7b6ceaba512c204af6c9d99682.jpg

9d1283cbea498f947a7a2d116ca4ce06.jpg

2017:
83112b84122384201165859cb0eb4df4.jpg

5ce72967e7e2b2622a198fc6059020ca.jpg

569a2f1b488337341263558fc9ec55fa.jpg

Currently:
3d890af6bbdca25ba4e87d78465582b4.jpg

24755c80054e0c1cbc8cd73b25651360.jpg

5867f64153f7448854114c5a3cb0c09b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Goo Punch

Meanwhile, Nevada has the best offense in the country:

0c45ccf246fada04783e871291c7d727.jpg

completely stupid that we have so many chicken shit posters who've run in here shitting all over Eric Musselman (this dates back to shaggy) literally just because he's my preferred candidate, yet many of the same people have defended Shaka, and can't even name a single viable alternative to begin with. Stupid.

As i've been saying, Nevada loses their entire team at the end of this year, and Eric Musselman is a badass guy with a great personality, who happens to be known for developing talent and running a high paced, uptempo, exciting offense where everyone can han handle the ball and several guys can shoot. But hey, why even consider that when you can just shit on a guy you know nothing about and say brilliant shit like, "we're too good for him", "only a middling program would consider him", and "if he was so great he wouldn't be at nevada." y'all deserve shaka. this program deserves Musselman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

52 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

x/post-

The comments from this thread- "what do we do in practice?", "we're 5-25 from deep", "we are terrible at FTs", "this offense is pathetic", "why does shaka keep letting us shoot and miss threes?!", "sims is terrible", "dylan is terrible", "why does DO keep shooting threes?"

yeah, that's all we've been fucking saying for this guy's entire tenure at Texas. Nothing changes. We have the e act same problems and shortcomings year after year after year. WUlaw called this more than two years ago, and everything that's happened since then only goes to support his original contention. It has been beyond obvious for a long time- Shaka has been underperforming since his Final 4 run, period. 

Speaking of Wulaw: https://www.barkingcarnival.com/2018/11/30/18120391/clanging-from-the-corner-radford-62-texas-59-dont-ask-me-to-think-about-this-debacle-again?utm_campaign=bitterwhiteguy&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter#498513635

I don't ever expect it to happen, but I would love to hear @Bitterwhiteguy's unfiltered thoughts on Shaka.

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It's not that I'm against Musselman, it's that I'm not big on talking about potential replacements when there's no sign that we're even looking in their direction. Just sets me up for even more disappointment.

Same here. It just becomes stupid and redundant

9 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Gonna post this one more time. You're absolutely crazy if you don't want to see Texas running this in the coming years:

I'm admittedly out of my element in basketball (football and baseball are more my sports), but can't we just get a coach that can run a real half-court offense?  I don't think we've had one since I've been alive.  My concern with a transition-based offense is once you face a top team with good athletes that can run, they will force you to go half court to beat them, and then here we go again playing with our dicks for 30 seconds at the perimeter, throwing up some terrible shot because we don't know what the fuck we are doing.  It's maddening.  

We've been recruiting NBA caliber players for almost 20 years now.  It seems like we can get the players to run a real offense.  Maybe I'm off base though.     

• immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
  • immamac pinned and featured this topic
  • immamac unpinned this topic