Jump to content
Snacks

2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

Recommended Posts

Haha we went from small ball lineup gonna catch that 2 seed to 3 straight losses back to a first round exit. Harden has been playing like inefficient dog shit again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I don't understand, if you plan to sit Westbrook and Gordon, then just play the entire fucking bench. This has always been my problem with D'Antoni, he cares too much about meaningless regular season games to develop his depth. Playing a 8 man rotation when you are sitting two rotational players is just so fucking retarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

What I don't understand, if you plan to sit Westbrook and Gordon, then just play the entire fucking bench. This has always been my problem with D'Antoni, he cares too much about meaningless regular season games to develop his depth. Playing a 8 man rotation when you are sitting two rotational players is just so fucking retarded.

Harden played 45 minutes. In a meaningless loss against Charlotte. In the first game of a back-to-back.

That strikes me as absurd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

What I don't understand, if you plan to sit Westbrook and Gordon, then just play the entire fucking bench. This has always been my problem with D'Antoni, he cares too much about meaningless regular season games to develop his depth. Playing a 8 man rotation when you are sitting two rotational players is just so fucking retarded.

which is why he won't be back after this season. Have to give credit to Fertitta for not extending D'Antoni. IIRC, rumor has it that his agent was asking for $8 million a year after the 2nd round exit to the Warriors. Don't care if the door hits you on the way out, Mike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harden last 5 games have been fucking terrible. 
 

7-24/ 4-17

8-22/ 3-13

4-17/ 0-8

8-22/ 2-11

6-18/ 3-9

 

if anyone wants to know why we struggle here it is. Your best player can’t play like ass and expect to beat anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Harden last 5 games have been fucking terrible. 
 

7-24/ 4-17

8-22/ 3-13

4-17/ 0-8

8-22/ 2-11

6-18/ 3-9

 

if anyone wants to know why we struggle here it is. Your best player can’t play like ass and expect to beat anyone. 

Yep. It's equally Harden's abysmal stretch and D'Antoni's stupidity. Maybe small ball was an interesting idea, but you do it when your team shoots closer to 38%+ than what the Rockets shoot. Just too many guys that are consistently hot and cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I told you guys earlier, this system, coach, star player are not championship material. Enjoy the regular season, but do not expect anything substantial come playoff time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're also seeing some fatigue on the defensive end. Our sub 6'7" lineup going up against taller players every game can be manageable for a little while but it's not sustainable. We need a big man or two on the court to keep our offensive stars fresh on the offensive end of the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I told you guys earlier, this system, coach, star player are not championship material. Enjoy the regular season, but do not expect anything substantial come playoff time.

Well considering the regular season isn't that entertaining, maybe the playoffs will be better for at least a round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snacks said:

Morey gonna get fired, too... Watch.

At this point he needs to be. He royally fucked us with the CP3 contract then has raped us repeatedly trying to deal with it.

I am not a basketball person by any stretch but I could have told you D'Antoni was a bad hire from the word go.

He has the same issues at every place he's been before. The old dog ain't gonna learn new tricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snacks said:

Morey gonna get fired, too... Watch.

When you think you're smarter than everyone else, eventually it does catch up to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol Doug Gottlieb doesn't have the Rockets in the top 10 in the NBA.

Heat, OKC and Mavs above em lol

What an idiot, sorry I know they ain't playing great but they've beat the shit out of those teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2020 at 7:04 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

Getting blown out at home by the Magic today. Another "players only meeting" coming soon

Lol is Westbrook pure cancer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Lol is Westbrook pure cancer?

Lots of good players have come and gone, but Harden has been the one constant. Hate to say it, but I think Harden just struggles to gel with anyone. People thought CP3 was a problem but he has turned that OKC squad into a better contender than the Rockets in just one season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Lol Doug Gottlieb doesn't have the Rockets in the top 10 in the NBA.

Heat, OKC and Mavs above em lol

What an idiot, sorry I know they ain't playing great but they've beat the shit out of those teams

Mavs have also beat the shit out of the Rockets.  Power rankings aren't worth shit, and mainly go off of what you've done for me lately.  They're like a game back of the Rockets, and the Thunder are a game up.  Not sure about the Heat, but they've had a bad run too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Drew said:

Mavs have also beat the shit out of the Rockets.  Power rankings aren't worth shit, and mainly go off of what you've done for me lately.  They're like a game back of the Rockets, and the Thunder are a game up.  Not sure about the Heat, but they've had a bad run too.

IMG-20200310-135957.jpg

Plus it was this dudes power rankings lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played well in the 2nd half.  1st quarter was a continuation of how shitty they've been playing lately.  Hopefully they can show up against LA on Thurs.

5 game road trip at the end of March will be killer.

3/23 @ Dallas

3/25 @ Milwaukee

3/27@ Indiana

3/29 @ Detroit

3/31 @ Philly

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Please sell the team.

He might have to. Restaurants and casinos aren’t the best things to own right now. I’m sure his balance sheet is shit. House of cards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Tweet is deleted. What did he say?

There’s no reason to panic even when they announce that another 10,000 people have it, OK? Just don’t give it to other people…You’re not going to die from this,” he said in the interview before going on to say “I’m still living my life.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Billionaire Tilman Fertitta said he has had to temporarily lay off 40,000 workers at his casino, hotel and restaurant empire to limit the economic damage caused by government-imposed shut-downs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Billionaire Tilman Fertitta said he has had to temporarily lay off 40,000 workers at his casino, hotel and restaurant empire to limit the economic damage caused by government-imposed shut-downs.

While he continues to live life in the lap of luxury. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey says his team already has its sights set on preparing for a likely playoff opponent once the NBA returns from its indefinite hiatus.

"We are prepping for playing Denver in case we go right to playoffs," Morey wrote Sunday during a Facebook Live chat, according to the Houston Chronicle's Jonathan Feigen. He continued: "I don't think we will go right to playoffs, though. But even when we play regular-season games, it is pretty likely we will play Denver."

 

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1967889

As a Denver fan, thank you Daryl for trading Nuggets killing machine - Clint Capela. 

Jokic as a point-center against small-ball Rockets will be interesting. It's like having a 7 foot QB looking over a short defense. 

Westbrook will need to be on the top of his game, imo.

Edited by washparkhorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 2:30 PM, washparkhorn said:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1967889

As a Denver fan, thank you Daryl for trading Nuggets killing machine - Clint Capela. 

Jokic as a point-center against small-ball Rockets will be interesting. It's like having a 7 foot QB looking over a short defense. 

Westbrook will need to be on the top of his game, imo.

Jokic was badly out of shape, and would have been abused trying to run with the Rockets.

On a different topic, can we now blame Morey for the Chinese Coronavirus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 1:30 PM, washparkhorn said:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1967889

As a Denver fan, thank you Daryl for trading Nuggets killing machine - Clint Capela. 

Jokic as a point-center against small-ball Rockets will be interesting. It's like having a 7 foot QB looking over a short defense. 

Westbrook will need to be on the top of his game, imo.

 

On 4/1/2020 at 2:17 PM, HtownHorn said:

Jokic was badly out of shape, and would have been abused trying to run with the Rockets.

On a different topic, can we now blame Morey for the Chinese Coronavirus?

I don't think it will happen.

Quote

The NBA suspended its season mid-March after Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID-19. A timetable to return isn't clear as the world deals with the coronavirus pandemic.

On Friday, ESPN's Brian Windhorst shared the latest school of thought from the league's inner circle, noting there is increased pessimism the NBA can resume the 2019-20 campaign:

"The talks between the players union and the league this week, I've talked to both sides of this issue, and it is clear that the NBA is angling to set up a deal that enables them to shut the season down.

"Now they don't have to do that yet, and the way they're negotiating they're leaving themselves an option either way, but they're not having talks about how to restart the league, they're having financial talks about what would happen if the season shuts down, and I think there is a significant amount of pessimism right now."

 

On March 31, Windhorst referenced the Chinese Basketball Association's plan to return to play in April, an effort that was thwarted after the Chinese government imposed restrictions on team sports.

"China's attempt to restart sports are being watched closely by leagues across the world. Huge issue is asymptomatic carriers," he wrote.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884996-windhorst-nba-angling-to-cancel-2019-20-season-after-chinas-cba-shutdown?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some background on Rudy T for those not in the know

Good chance that he developed alcohol use disorder as a result of chronic pain he suffered from those horrific injuries. I guess neurology and brain injury medicine were still in the dark ages in the late 70s. He could have easily died and should have been taken to the hospital immediately after getting punched. He got hit so hard he thought the scoreboard had fallen on him.

Edited by UDontKnow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...