Snacks

2019 - 2020 Houston Rockets Thread of Heroes Taking Shots

The team decided to play defense for 1 quarter and won the game. Just a demoralizing loss for the Mavs. Heat did the Rockets a favor by beating the Nuggets, and OKC is currently beating the Jazz. #3 spot still in play.

Edited by HtownHorn

No matter who wins the title this year, it will be the most disrespected ring in the history of the NBA. Someone is bound to miss playoff, maybe Finals time due to a positive test. It's gonna be a weird playoffs, but whatever, at least we have something to watch!

Great game tonight for the Rockets, defense down the stretch in the 4Q again winning the game. 16-4 closing run in the final 3 minutes.

Edited by HtownHorn

Giannis goes at James Harden in the clutch and turns it over. I wonder if he still wants his team to get it to whoever Harden is guarding. Giannis beclowned himself down the stretch tonight. 

I like the Bucks, I like The Greek Freak, I of course like the Rockets more, the Bucks can be out roughed. No wonder the Raptors took care of them last year. 

Russ, House, and PJ are dogs. The Bucks really don’t have those type of guys. 

I wish the Rockets hadn’t slumped right before the shut down, but I love what I’m seeing from the team right now. 

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Especially considering the Rockets had nearly 30 fewer rebounds.

Rockets missed a lot of open looks. Tucker going 3-12 from the corner helped them a lot. Forced 22 TOs, and and 15 steals. Rocketball at it's best.

Just 1 game behind the Nuggets now, tied the season series 2-2, and they have a 4 game lead over conference losses. They have a tougher schedule though. Games against OKC, Portland, Utah, Lakers, Clippers, and Toronto.

We get a game against Sacramento. We also have to play 2 more East teams.

Edited by HtownHorn

Another nice win. The rockets score from all angles. If the long ball isn't raining in, then start slashing. I thought the Rockets would get out fast. The small line up works well with these players. Rockets could take any of the playoff teams in a seven-game series.

Top 4 in the West is tough. For Houston or Denver, it means beating the Clips and the Lakers to get to the Finals, if the chips fall as expected.

And the first round will be no slouch.

The West is tough (and that is without a healthy Golden State).  Houston and OKC look good early and they have the talent to win a 7 game series against one of the LA teams. Hell, Portland has moments of basketball brilliance (I would not want to face them in the first round). Gonna be a fun playoff run. 

4 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Hell, Portland has moments of basketball brilliance (I would not want to face them in the first round). Gonna be a fun playoff run. 

That’s good since they probably aren’t even making the playoffs.