Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

I just wanted to come here to remind everyone that we lost to the Jets. Yes, the same jets team that is down 21-7 to the dolphins. We lost to that team. So when Jerry is looking for reasons why we either missed the playoffs or got the 4 seed, we lost to the god damn jets. When he’s fishing for reasons to keep Garrett, someone needs to remind him we lost to the jets.

Easily the worst loss of my lifetime 

Guess Jerry doesn’t want to pay the price to win in this league...

-Dallas Cowboys fans on social media.

Just crazy people still trashed the boys for “not getting that deal done” when the Jets were asking stuff like that. Goes to prove my point that that never really wanted to trade him in the first place.

And that Jets loss I put solely on the coaches. The defense let Matt darnold expose them. And they, once again, couldn’t overcome the loss of the 2 OTs and Amari. Teams win all the time with injuries but the cowboys don’t. That’s coaching

I just wanted to come here to remind everyone that we lost to the Jets. Yes, the same jets team that is down 21-7 to the dolphins. We lost to that team. So when Jerry is looking for reasons why we either missed the playoffs or got the 4 seed, we lost to the god damn jets. When he’s fishing for reasons to keep Garrett, someone needs to remind him we lost to the jets.

Meh, it happens every year in college and the pros. Some team who is a 10 to 35 point favorite loses.

I hate when the cowboys lose, but I am kinda rooting for some Lincoln riley as the coach next year for more than one obvious reason.

34 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Meh, it happens every year in college and the pros. Some team who is a 10 to 35 point favorite loses.

I hate when the cowboys lose, but I am kinda rooting for some Lincoln riley as the coach next year for more than one obvious reason.

Go back and look over the history of the cowboys (or at least the last 25 years). Given our  preseason expectations, and how bad the jets really are, this is easily the worst loss of the last 25 years. I don’t even think that’s an over exaggeration at all.

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not that dak is lamar Jackson, but we are seeing tonight what can happen when you put a defense in conflict wrt rb vs qb runs. 
when you have a qb that can execute those types of plays, it’s negligence to not use it. 

So you’re saying Earl Campbell approves 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Go back and look over the history of the cowboys (or at least the last 25 years). Given our  preseason expectations, and how bad the jets really are, this is easily the worst loss of the last 25 years. I don’t even think that’s an over exaggeration at all.

this franchise lost to the expansion Houston Texans in the first ever regular season game....that's an all time embarrassment 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, michaelpshayes said:

this franchise lost to the expansion Houston Texans in the first ever regular season game....that's an all time embarrassment 

True, but that team also finished like 5-11 and had expectations of being a bad football team (if I remember correctly. I was 9). But that is definitely the next best answer I’ve heard 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

8 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

You sound like someone who didn’t live through the Steve Pelluer era.  Or the Quincy Carter era.   Or the Chad Hutchinson era.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

yep. this is what happens when your head coach has to have every last starter healthy just to get to the first round of the playoffs.

25 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

You sound like someone who didn’t live through the Steve Pelluer era.  Or the Quincy Carter era.   Or the Chad Hutchinson era.

Again, it’s about expectations. The front office and the fanbase viewed this team as one of the most talented in the entire nfl. In a lot of ways, it still is. And we lost to a team that’ll probably win one more game this year. That’s the difference. Those years you were referring to, we were just a bad football team constantly picking in the top 10. Right now, we aren’t a bad team. And that loss is going to be the difference in us getting to where we want to go, whether that’s missing the playoffs or getting a 4 seed and having to go on the road to NO or SF. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

54 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

like he said, nobody expected chutch to win a game.  so any losses were expected, and not “bad” losses.  

the expectations on the 2019 team combined with getting curb-stomped by possibly the most embarrassingly awful team in the NFL equates to an all-time bad loss.  the full consequences are yet to be determined.  

18 minutes ago, Genco said:

It's the NFL dumbass. Why are you so preoccupied with preseason expectations in a league where half the playoff teams turn over every year?

Lol what exactly am I a dumbass for? Teams have expectations. Outside of one game, we’ve met those expectations for the most part. If you’re sitting at 5-2 heading into this game and your only losses are to the saints and the packers, we all feel completely different about this team. We’d still be in position to compete for a bye. You lose that game and it fucks with everything. The eagles have a similar loss (to the falcons) but the falcons aren’t the jets. Not even in the same ballpark in my opinion. I think it might actually be the worst loss on the season for any team.

Also do you just call anyone a dumbass that you have a fundamental disagreement with lol? That’s the type of shit middle schoolers do.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol what exactly am I a dumbass for? Teams have expectations. Outside of one game, we’ve met those expectations for the most part. If you’re sitting at 5-2 heading into this game and your only losses are to the saints and the packers, we all feel completely different about this team. We’d still be in position to compete for a bye. You lose that game and it fucks with everything. The eagles have a similar loss (to the falcons) but the falcons aren’t the jets. Not even in the same ballpark in my opinion. I think it might actually be the worst loss on the season for any team.

Because you keep trying to put this regular season loss into some sort of historical context. Because you're outraged that form didn't hold in a league where preseason predictions are worthless and half the playoffs teams didn't make the postseason the year prior.  It's not a franchise altering loss. Or maybe you're right and ESPN will make a 30 for 30 about the game.

56 minutes ago, Genco said:

Because you keep trying to put this regular season loss into some sort of historical context. Because you're outraged that form didn't hold in a league where preseason predictions are worthless and half the playoffs teams didn't make the postseason the year prior.  It's not a franchise altering loss. Or maybe you're right and ESPN will make a 30 for 30 about the game.

Wait. Who said I thought it was a franchise altering loss? Who even said I’m “outraged”? Define outraged. It’s a really bad loss, and it’s arguably the worst loss of the season for any team. That’s really all I said. Settle the fuck down with the putting words in my mouth. 

The Jets loss might be the worst loss I have ever witnessed as a Cowboys fan. Just in its context. I am trying to remember if Dallas has ever lost to a team this historically bad. Their lone win of this season might be us. They made the Dolphins look like a really good team yesterday. Everyone kept saying Miami is easily the worst and could get the #1 pick. Well now its Jets or Bengals. And not only did we lose, we got fucking dominated for much of the game. We had to make a huge comeback just to even have a chance to win. They kicked our ass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

another game not mentioned (but not as bad of a team as these jets or the expansion texans) was when one of our superbowl teams lost to the rams.  i forget what year.  93?

Ken Norton got called for facemask on a Rams 4th down  ...otherwise the game is over and that Cowboys team ends up 14-2 

Edited by michaelpshayes

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

another game not mentioned (but not as bad of a team as these jets or the expansion texans) was when one of our superbowl teams lost to the rams.  i forget what year.  93?

I was going to bring up Dallas losing to the expansion Texans in 2001 to open the season but those were in the midst of three straight 5-11 seasons and we fucking sucked. Still a bad loss giving Houston their first ever win of their franchise on their very first game. I remember the game started with like a 50-60yd TD PI penalty in favor of Houston.

I still will rank this Jets loss as being worse.

6 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Garrett coached team coming off a bye week where they played great the game before the bye tells me they look like shit to start this game and are down sometime in the first half. As long as they don't go full Jets they'll win late while looking completely inept against a trash team. 

Been saying it all week. It would be very Jason Garrett of this team to dominate the one team in your division that can challenge you, go into a much needed bye week, and come out and play like dog shit (win or lose). The offense should fucking roll in this game, and the defense should get a chance to get some turnovers. But I’ve watched this team for long enough to know that it won’t play out that way 

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The Jets loss might be the worst loss I have ever witnessed as a Cowboys fan. Just in its context. I am trying to remember if Dallas has ever lost to a team this historically bad. Their lone win of this season might be us. They made the Dolphins look like a really good team yesterday. Everyone kept saying Miami is easily the worst and could get the #1 pick. Well now its Jets or Bengals. And not only did we lose, we got fucking dominated for much of the game. We had to make a huge comeback just to even have a chance to win. They kicked our ass.

Pretty sure we lost to a 1-15 Redskins team during one of Jimmy Super Bowl runs.  And I believe during our 1-15 season we beat the Redskins who won the Superbowl that year. 

11 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Pretty sure we lost to a 1-15 Redskins team during one of Jimmy Super Bowl runs.  And I believe during our 1-15 season we beat the Redskins who won the Superbowl that year. 

in 1992 they lost to a 9-7 Redskins team at RFK ...that's the famous Jimmy Johnson meltdown on the airplane game 

1993 they got killed by a really bad Redskins team in the opener ...that's one of the two Emmitt Smith holdout losses 

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Garrett coached team coming off a bye week where they played great the game before the bye tells me they look like shit to start this game and are down sometime in the first half. As long as they don't go full Jets they'll win late while looking completely inept against a trash team. 

So fucking predictable

• Like 1