Patrick Bateman

Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

One of my best friends is an eagles fan (I know, everyone has flaws) and he reminds me every other week how it pisses him off thinking about how well the Amari Cooper trade has worked out for us. I don’t think in Stephen Jones wildest dreams he thought it would work out this well.

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I feel pretty confident in saying Dak is better than Goff, and he always has been. And im at the point now where he’s as good or better than Wentz. Hand up. I didn’t believe that before the year started. I do now. I still think wentz would be better than he is now if he was in our offense, but it don’t make a shit. Dak is legit. He has his flaws (we saw a lot of the good and the bad from him last night), but halfway through year 4 I feel good about where we’re at with him.

I have no issue with Dak other than he doesn't run enough and his deep balls aren't great.  he's good enough to win with a top 10-12 defense and an OL.  he isn't going to make chicken salad out of chicken shit on the reg. they need to be drafting Smith's replacement.

He's not great but he might get there.  

4 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Don't want to sound like Zavala but those are headscratchers.

I realize holding is a subjective call and one could argue it occurs on every play, but those calls seem beyond ticky tack.

the headscratchers are the norm not the outlier.  Connor had a couple recently.

for the last 4 years we are either #1 or #2 in offensive holding.  most of the teams high on the list are the suck except us.  we aren't great but we aren't in washington type suck category.  we are consistently up there whereas the teams around us change.  IMO it should be pretty random as to who is at the top or bottom unless you are a shitty OL trying to protect your QB.

we also get called for a crazy amount of holding on running plays as well.  zeke rips off a 12 yard gain..holding.  I think teams are complaining to officials before the game to look for it.  there are too many questionable ones we get called for.

The other thing is we are close to the bottom on being the beneficiary of holding calls for the same period. 

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

One of my best friends is an eagles fan (I know, everyone has flaws) and he reminds me every other week how it pisses him off thinking about how well the Amari Cooper trade has worked out for us. I don’t think in Stephen Jones wildest dreams he thought it would work out this well.

I believe Jerry did believe in his wildest dreams that it would work out so well. But he does that with every acquisition, only that's one of the very few that  actually met his expectations.

this team will have a rough 2nd half of the season.  take solace in the fact that ginger will not be retained.

In regards to Garrett wearing the headset, has any one actually seen him talk into it? I can't remember one time I ever saw him speak into the headset. Is it all for show?

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

In regards to Garrett wearing the headset, has any one actually seen him talk into it? I can't remember one time I ever saw him speak into the headset. Is it all for show?

I wish they would not plug it in to the box they wear on their belts.

Just let the cord dangle

The results in the draft damn sure approved when they did the same to JerrAh  

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I wish they would not plug it in to the box they wear on their belts.

Just let the cord dangle

The results in the draft damn sure approved when they did the same to JerrAh  

17 hours ago, futureman said:

this team will have a rough 2nd half of the season.  take solace in the fact that ginger will not be retained.

I'd say the odds are you are correct on both predictions.

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Awful

Nothing like a guy who just signed a $90 million contract hustling cheap T-shirts like brothas outside the fence at Starplex

31 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Nothing like a guy who just signed a $90 million contract hustling cheap T-shirts like brothas outside the fence at Starplex

d-law is selling them, not zeke. 

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Showing your age saying starplex

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Showing your age saying starplex

I might agree if it hadn't been multiple random names over the years, including back to starplex 2 years ago.

Former names The Amphitheatre at Fair Park (planning/construction)
Coca-Cola Starplex Amphitheatre (1988–98)
Starplex Amphitheatre (1999)
Smirnoff Music Centre (2000–08)
Superpages.com Center (2008–11)
Gexa Energy Pavilion (2011–16)
Starplex Pavilion (2017–18)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dos_Equis_Pavilion

34 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Amari Cooper having a MRI on his knee.

The fact that they’re saying “we’re optimistic he’s going to play” doesn’t bode well. This team can barely function when he’s not out there. 

We have to fucking win this game. At home, we’re getting a little injury luck, the schedule doesn’t get easier, prime time cousins. Gotta win this game.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Which I would normally say is a good thing...but all the injury luck this year has worked against them.

They HAVE to win this game, and the Detroit game. Get to 7-3 before it gets really tough.  The next 5 games they have to at least go 3-2 to be 8-5 before the final stretch.  Philly will probably be similar.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Futureman told me Dak sucks and is the only problem with Dallas....

74237004_10157388431875180_8869317382766

Jesus Christ. You're still responding to futureman's trolling?

Might as well start writing angry letters to the editor of the Onion.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Futureman told me Dak sucks and is the only problem with Dallas....

74237004_10157388431875180_8869317382766

still the biggest moron on surly.  let me know when dak wins his second playoff game.  too bad he won’t get a chance to win one this season. 

10 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

I might agree if it hadn't been multiple random names over the years, including back to starplex 2 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dos_Equis_Pavilion

It will always be Starplex tin barn no matter who tacks their name to it.

Just like the Death Star. I don't give a damn about how much ATT paid Jerry. It's either JerryWorld or the Death Star.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:44 PM, futureman said:

I don't believe you. Is Jerry going to die? Because that's what it's going to take. 

6 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Jane Slater with that hard hitting investigative journalism I see. Riveting stuff. 

beyond her slightly above average looks she is useless. 

7 hours ago, futureman said:

beyond her slightly above average looks she is useless. 

Above average looks is actually quite useful. 

30 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Above average looks is actually quite useful. 

I never said they weren’t. 

Stafford isn’t playing today because he has a broken bone in his back *mike Tyson voice*

Are we really about to get more injury luck next week?!

Really curious to know what Dak and his agent are asking for. If he hasn’t come down from $40mil a year, this is the right move. If it’s $32-$34mil, then wtf are we doing?

10 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Really curious to know what Dak and his agent are asking for. If he hasn’t come down from $40mil a year, this is the right move. If it’s $32-$34mil, then wtf are we doing?

Reportedly, the 40m was never a thing other than a response to Stephen trying to negotiate in the press.  Latest reports/rumor are he's in the Goff territory for ask, but it's not always the AAV, a lot of times it's the years or guaranteed money or structure, etc, etc.  He's been playing very well but I think the Rams are probably having some heartburn about their deal.  Eagles, probably not so much but it's very early.  Regardless, if you're going to go this route and franchise him, it's going to get acrimonious to some degree.  That means they better get a solid vet in camp to take over in case he sits out (don't think he will) or doesn't want to risk it playing if he has an injury which makes him questionable.  Cooper Rush doesn't instill anyone with any confidence so need to be prepared more than ever next year if it indeed goes that way.  Franchise is expected to be anywhere between 30-33m now with some inflation in the QB contracts.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

goff wipes the floor with him when the games count.  why does he deserve goff money?

Yeah he played great in the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Yeah he played great in the Super Bowl.

yes, he did play in the super bowl.  thank you for slamming my point home. 

Just now, futureman said:

yes, he did play in the super bowl.  thank you for slamming my point home. 

You're a clown, dude. You claimed he plays well when the lights are on. He absolutely wilted on the biggest stage of all. Goff is almost as bad as a QB as you are as a poster.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

You're a clown, dude. You claimed he plays well when the lights are on. He absolutely wilted on the biggest stage of all. Goff is almost as bad as a QB as you are as a poster.

still played better than dak, though. 

We’re going to learn a lot about Dak over the 2nd half of the season. He’s played really well against bad competition this year, and above average against the good competition. Not all his fault (at all) but it’s the truth. Making the playoffs is still very much up in the air. He needs to play well down the stretch and I bet we end up budging.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Goff is almost as bad as a QB as you are as a poster.

Let's not get fucking insane here. Goff would have to throw 10 interceptions, lose 8 fumbles, and pull out a gun to murder his coach during the fourth quarter for him to play a game anywhere near as bad as futureman is as a poster