Sign in to follow this  
CooterBrown

Non Netflix/Amazon Streaming Recommendations & Other Random Streaming Shit

Catch all thread for all the 2nd and 3rd tier streaming options plus any other streaming nonsense.

IMDB.com now has free streaming movies and TV shows with some decent titles...Apocalypse Now, Zodiac, Snatch, etc.

A phone app I recently discovered is JustWatch. You can look up any TV show or movie and it'll show you where it's streaming, cost, and resolution. 

The show about the history of The Wu Tang Clan on Hulu is actually really great.

And the new Apple TV original content stuff looks promising too. I think their stuff premieres this month.

The Biggest Little Farm is now up on Hulu.  It is a documentary about a couple that moves from the city to the country to start an organic farm.  They have some help from a guy who knows how to transform soil, but they have to troubleshoot along the way to figure out how to use the forces of nature to benefit the farm.

Edited by Texas Jeff

2 hours ago, Texas Jeff said:

Not me, I spend too much time watching documentaries on Hulu...

Gimmie some good ones. I've been thinking about canceling Hulu, but I don't need much of an excuse to keep it. Still haven't finished every season of It's Always Sunny, so I'm not canceling until that anyway. 

3 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

Gimmie some good ones. I've been thinking about canceling Hulu, but I don't need much of an excuse to keep it. Still haven't finished every season of It's Always Sunny, so I'm not canceling until that anyway. 

Uh, try here:  https://www.ranker.com/list/best-documentaries-on-hulu/ranker-streaming?l=2180325&collectionId=1198

"Free Solo" - dude clubs El Capitain without a rope
"Too Funny to Fail" - Dana Carvey creates a comedy show but not an audience for said show
"Fyre Fraud" - dude convinces wealthy young people to come to his festival but it sucks

Hulu has tons and tons of SNL and every dang ole dang ole episode of King of the Hill ... which is kind of like a documentary for Texans.

On 11/7/2019 at 6:07 AM, Texas Jeff said:

The Biggest Little Farm is now up on Hulu.  It is a documentary about a couple that moves from the city to the country to start an organic farm.  They have some help from a guy who knows how to transform soil, but they have to troubleshoot along the way to figure out how to use the forces of nature to benefit the farm.

That’s a great little documentary.  I was cynical about latte-swigging hipsters going Green Acres but found myself rooting for them nonetheless.